Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Direct and Indirect Trek References

Another from SG-1

I think it was the one where Jack and Teal'c were trapped in a Death Glider and somebody..can't recall who..asked Joseph if he could just..Beam Them Up with the Transport Rings.....or am I confusing two different episodes?

:laugh:

O'Neill said It to Jacob - Sam's father - and his reply was "Who am I Scotty?"

Also I really like when they were talking about names for the space ship and O'Neill wasn't happy with any of the choices and Carter said "Sir, they can't name it the Enterprise"

JAG. It was after 9/11 and this guy was interviewing an AL Queda suspect at, i presume, camp x ray. The terrorist actually quoted The Prime Directive( non interference in other cultures). From this they realised that he had grown and been educated in America. Wasn't really watching it,( it's my mum who loves it) just poked my head up when i heard reference to the above, but it would appear he was a bit of a trekkie this terrorist.......well , except he had no conscience or respect for human life.

I was watching Will & Grace tonight. The second episode was the one where Will and Jack join a gay soccer team. When the players comes to welcome them:

Kirk: I'm Kirk. I'm the captain.

Will: You're Captain Kirk.

Kirk: That's right.

Will (doing Shatner imitation): So will be playing against the Romulans or the Klingons.

That was a hilarious episode.

And I was so happy to FINALLY see the Frasier speaking Klingon episode. :)

Yeah we saw the Frazier episode last night and it was a riot! We liked how they wrote the story to both poke at little fun at us and at the same time deliver some respect!

Guest Ktrek

I can't quote the dialog but the first Ace Ventura movie when he is investigating what happened to the Dolphin's mascot he jumps into the swimming pool and pulls his wallet out of his back pocket, flips it open like a communicator, and then starts acting like Captain Kirk. I thought it was very funny at the time!! :) B)

Ktrek

I am at work right now, but when I get home I will try to find the timing for phantom menace and post it.

dude, have you had the chance to find out the time when the "Enterprise" is in Phantom Menace ?

Some of you out there may also be FARSCAPE fans. The lead character, John Crichton made numerous references to Star Trek as well as other Americanisms. ( There are far too many to even give examples! )

You can enjoy them at:

http://www.crichtonisms.com/

Have Fun!]

OK, everyone get ready for this...

In an AP story in our local newspaper, the mental health agencies in the state of Oregon are looking for Klingon interpreters. It seems they have mental patients that only speak and understand Klingon.

Talk about life being stranger than fiction!

Hitch-Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy

An indirect reference- rather a play on words-in which Douglas Adams excelled.

To boldly split infinitives which no one dared to split before...

Direct reference- Muppets- Treasure Island

Gonzo-A five year journey to discover new civilisations, and explore strange new worlds...

Direct reference- Muppets- Treasure Island

Gonzo-A five year journey to discover new civilisations,  and explore strange new worlds...

Man I havn't watched that movie in forever I'll have to watch it.. :)

i like in one episode of south park, these two people who make a time machine to send the kids back in time keep fighting about how many episodes there in tos. one guy says theres extra because of a two parter or something like that. its funny though.

Guest Ktrek

I'm not sure if this one was mentioned but Friends has had several Trek references. I saw one tonight called "The One With The Sonogram At The End". I think it was from the first season. Ross and his first wife who left him for her lesbian lover are gonna have a baby. At the end of the episode he shows the gang the picture of the sonogram of the baby. Joey says "what the hell are we looking at?" trying to figure it out, and Chandler sitting next to him says " I don't know but whatever it is I think it's attacking the Enterprise". Classic!! :bow:

Ktrek

All the evil twins in South Park had goatee beards like Spock in Mirror Mirror.

Also. in the finale of Third Rock from the Sun there were loads of people in Star Trek uniforms

In one of the Carry On films a little chubby kid wears a Star Trek Insignia tee-shirt

In Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, Kirk and the Gorn are at that famous rock fighting on the television; and then later on Bill and Ted are pushed off the same rock

Kirk beamed into an episode of Mork and Mindy

Guy from the evil trio in Buffy: "He's Captain Picard and you are Deanna Troi..." that one had me in stitches

Kirk beamed into an episode of Mork and Mindy

seriously??? i love that show. ill have to watch out for that episode. lol.

also, on family guy, peter griffin fights a gorn in a big stadium in one of the episodes. deep down, everyone loves star trek.

Bumping this thread by adding that I was watching The Big Comfy Couch with my daughter one day and noticed a red TNG uniform top hanging on Granny Garbanzo's clothes line.

In every Ep of the Dilbert TV series there is the E-nil on the desk, and who can forget the 7of9 alarm clock :biggrin:

Edited by nerd359

OK we have heard them all. A normal show out of nowhere uses a line that talks about Trek one way or the other. So, what are the lines and the shows that use Star Trek as a punch line or just use it to make fun of some one? Come, it's not that hard to think of one... look at Stargate!!! Theres over 100 right there!

Last night's episode of Atlantis was so too too funny :biggrin: .

McKay tells Sheppard (who is chasing the pretty female) "you're not Captain Kirk" and "that's so 1967 of you"

And then McKay finds the girl really likes Sheppard "OMG, he is Captain Kirk"

Also. in the finale of Third Rock from the Sun there were loads of people in Star Trek uniforms

Not to mention that the Big Giant Head was revealed to be and played by William Shatner himself. And I think George Takai was in an episode of Third Rock as well.

From TrekToday.com:

The upcoming Family Guy direct-to-DVD movie Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story will include references to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and both the fourth and the fifth Star Trek movies.

According to Trek BBS member 'PowderedToastMan,' who was able to watch an advance copy of the film, René Auberjonois will reprise his role as Odo during a small sequence in which Stewie recalls his "Cousing Quark." The sequence features a Quark/Stewie hybrid sitting in the bar with Odo, who tells him, "I'm watching your every move, Quark, so don't think you can get away with any law-breaking."

Quark Griffin replies, "Yeah, yeah, whatever, man," prompting an angry "I mean it! You'll have me to deal with!" from Odo. Quark mocks Odo, saying, "Ohhhh, I'm really scared," at which point Odo threatens to morph into a giant python and eat Quark alive. "Hey, here's an idea," Quark suggests. "Wy don't you morph into a guy with something interesting to talk about?"

Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story will be released on DVD on the 27th of September, 2005. The 83-minute film is an extension of Fox's Family Guy TV show, which was recently resurrected on television following surprisingly strong sales of its DVD set. The film will allow the characters to go through raunchier adventures than would be possible on TV -- and also allows the creators to indulge in several other Trek references beyond the DS9 one listed above.

One of these will occur during the film's credit sequence, which shows one of the characters climbing a rock -- and then be greeted by Stewie on rocket boots behind them, similar to Kirk and Spock in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. Finally, towards the end of the film, as one character is about to be teleported back through time, another jumps on his back, yelling "surprise!" A similar trick was used by Dr. Gillian Taylor in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home to join Kirk on the Klingon warbird.

I love 'Family Guy', this is the first I've heard about the movie - should be great.

Wow, uncut and unbound, I'm almost afraid to think of what it will show. This will be a great movie! And those Trek references are cool too. René Auberjonois is a great guy to do this.

Edited by sea trooper

i can't wait. i love family guy and to have a trek reference in the movie is awesome. stewie is my favorite character and that sounds like that will be cool his cousin quark. it's mind boggling.

tm :lol:

I was wondering if anyone knew of any Trek references in comic strips. I'm curious because I picked up the paper the other day and read the comics, which I don't do very often anymore. One strip, called "Candorville," by Darrin Bell, featured a guy sitting in his chair watching his TV. He was wearing a Trek pin on his shirt.

This was the first time I had ever seen this strip.

Here's the comic...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
candorville2005121017503.gif

The fact that is was making fun of politics reminded me of 10-F over at the ST.com boards. :angry:

Edited by Takara_Soong

Yeah, there's heeps in Futurama comics.

Come to think of it, I can't think of any comic or show from Futurama that hasn't got an element of Trek in it!

Yeah, there's heeps in Futurama comics.

Come to think of it, I can't think of any comic or show from Futurama that hasn't got an element of Trek in it!

Well, that goes without saying. :angry: But I meant more along the lines of newspaper comic strips.

There was this Phantom comic I just remembered that got me really thinking.

The Phantom was about to board a ship, and he said:

"To boldly go, where no one has gone before!"

Hahahahaha