Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "E Squared"?

What rating would you give "E Squared" out of 10?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "E Squared" out of 10?

Well I would sure care if it's cancelled, UnicornHunter.  I'm sorry you feel that way.  That's sad. A romance sure wouldn't put me off of ENT.

It has nothing to do with romance - not that I was ever a big fan of it - but it has taken on a whole new face now. T'Pol seems to be experimenting with every emotion except remorse - not regret for her inconvenience but regret for the lives lost due to her incompetence. I can't believe they have trivialized so serious an issue as drug use.

MrPsychic Posted on May 6 2004, 11:39 AM

Unicorn Hunter, watch the TOS episode Journey to Babel! Amanda, Spock's mother, is featured prominietly in that episode... 

I've seen it though I'm not sure I understand your comment. They did say in this episode that Phlox discovered a way to make it possible for humans and vulcans to procreate - so that would have made Spock's existence possible as well.

As for the question who is Amanda - there were several Denoblian children and someone made the comment that Phlox and Amanda had several children. So who's Amanda. Was that Crewman Cutler's first name?

:laugh: came in half threw it looked dumb maybe u=i had to see the first half i give it a 1

Hmmm, 1 is a pretty awful score.... :nono:

I gave it something like a 9.8...

But I thought the first half was better than the second, but 1 doesn't suits ......

They show it on Sundays 8 P.M. where I am... You can rewatch it to get a better experience of the story within the episode...lastresort.jpg42.gif

I've only been able to view half of the episode so far, but from what I've seen I've really enoyed it. I like the epsiode so far and can't wait to see the rest of it.

Wow, what a great episode! Exciting all the way, great character moments.. what more could you ask for?

I gave it a 9.5, there was one thing I disliked though

Click for Spoiler:

I would prefer to have known if the other Enterprise was destroyed, or disapeared because of some temporal mechanics stuff..

Do I really need to say it? :nono: At first I was disappointed at the IDEA of this one, I wanted them to hurry up and get to the rendezvous' without further delay but wow! :laugh: Whatta Diversion! Brilliant episode!

I loved it, the whole temporal mechanics pardoxes and stuff (cna't think about it too much, it hurts my squeeky brain :( )

Click for Spoiler:

I acctually liked how it was open ended, it lets you think about it own your own and come to your own conclusions, but of course, I thought about it too much :(

I thought this was a great episode. Larian was a well written and acted character regardless of who his parents were and wether you like the match between his parents. I say to the anti- romance fans, this doesn't mean a romance between Trip and T'pol will be inevitable, a considerable focus of the show, or even develop in the near future. Don't let it discourage you TUH. IMO I wouldn't mind a relationship developing slowly. I like chemistry between Trip and T'pol. I certainly would want ENT cancelled because of that! Anyway, the show was great. It flew by felt like it was only 30 minutes instead of an hour. I like how all the characters seem to be appearing in more shows than in the past and the snippets of Trekology are great too. Looking forward to next week, I gave it a 9.5.

Don't let it discourage you TUH. IMO I wouldn't mind a relationship developing slowly. I like chemistry between Trip and T'pol. I certainly would want ENT cancelled because of that!

As I stated in my last post - that isn't the point. T'Pol is a trained scientist (presumably) and voluntarily accepted the position of First Officer on Ent. She chose to experiment with drugs for the sole purpose of gratification of passions (not anything like the welfare of the ship etc). She risked not only the Enterprise but the fate of humanity for personal pleasure. Her impaired judgment was responsible for the damage to the Enterprise and death of 18 crewmembers.

I know people choose not to see it that way (probably because of the seven week interval between episodes) but by today's standards if a person in a command position acted under self-imposed impaired judgment that resulted in the loss of life - they would be disciplined. (Heck, they were investigating the New York Ferry pilot regarding prescribed blood pressure medication) Hopefully, they would also feel remorse for the loss of life.

T'Pol feels no remorse whatsover - her only concern is not being found out. I'm not saying she shouldn't be forgiven but that is a process that begins by accepting responsibility. I believe UPN has been very irresponsible in glorifying drug use. What kind of message is this sending

As for Trip, in Twilight he confronted her with her decision to ram the Xindi ship and disable Enterprise, but now one minute he's arguing with T'Pol for not getting the ship out of danger (Azata Prime) and goes straight to wondering how he's going to get more sack time. That's not consistent behavior.

One of the things that has always appealed to me about Star Trek is that the character's had principles and behaved responsibly. There is a big difference between showing a character make a mistake, accept responsibility and deal with it and in just brushing it aside as if it were nothing. We have seen other characters do that - It's the choice to do the latter rather than the former that has soured me on Enterprise.

As for Trip, in Twilight he confronted her with her decision to ram the Xindi ship and disable Enterprise, but now one minute he's arguing with T'Pol for not getting the ship out of danger (Azata Prime) and goes straight to wondering how he's going to get more sack time.

He's not "wondering how he can get more sack time." He was concerned about her so he dropped by her quarters to check on her. Trip did not strike me as a man thinking with his penis in that scene.

I believe I gave this episode an 8.5....if not I gave it a 8.0. I forgot which because I was so busy reading all the other posts. I enjoyed the episode for the most part, but like some others got twisted up in the temporal mechanics.

Click for Spoiler:

For instance, Archer's Enterprise had to already be caught up in the new timeline since Lorian's Enterprise did not disappear when it prevented Archer's Enterprise from going into the subspace corridor without some modifications. Then after Archer's Enterprise came through the subspace corridor, and the memory of Lorian's Enterprise was still in tact, it seems like Archer's Enterprise was still in this altered timeline. Like the existence of Lorian's Enterprise was etched in stone! Here's a thought.... could activities of Lorian's Enterprise in the Expanse have contributed to the Xindi's distrust of humans? Could activities by Lorian's Enterprise have been used by the sphere-builders to cast suspicion on humans in general? As fenriz observed, they were pretty pirate-like....

One of the things that has always appealed to me about Star Trek is that the character's had principles and behaved responsibly. There is a big difference between showing a character make a mistake, accept responsibility and deal with it and in just brushing it aside as if it were nothing. We have seen other characters do that - It's the choice to do the latter rather than the former that has soured me on Enterprise.

I certainly hope there is some kind of correction for some of Archer & crew's more serious infractions. I know the situation is desperate, but I hope some things are not left as they stand. The arc is not over yet...perhaps they will straighten some of this stuff out...especially with T'pol and her addiction.

One comment about addicts from first hand experience. I personally know a cocaine addict. Drug addicts are some of the most profoundly self-centered and selfish people on the planet, even when not on the stuff. They are a particular burden to those who love and care about them, who try to save them. I am not surprised by T'pol's behavior. Her first experience was enticing, but not instantly addictive...I agree with you on her bearing the brunt of responsibility for her situation. She made an informed choice.

I enjoyed the episode for the most part, but like some others got twisted up in the temporal mechanics.

Click for Spoiler:

For instance,  Archer's Enterprise had to already be caught up in the new timeline since Lorian's Enterprise did not disappear when it prevented Archer's Enterprise from going into the subspace corridor without some modifications.  Then after Archer's Enterprise came through the subspace corridor, and the memory of Lorian's Enterprise was still in tact, it seems like Archer's Enterprise was still in this altered timeline.  Like the existence of Lorian's Enterprise was etched in stone!  Here's a thought.... could activities of Lorian's Enterprise in the Expanse have contributed to the Xindi's distrust of humans? Could activities by Lorian's Enterprise have been used by the sphere-builders to cast suspicion on humans in general? As fenriz observed, they were pretty pirate-like....

MJ, I agree on the temporal mechanics issue - thanks for stating it so well.

Click for Spoiler:

Lorien stopped Archer from entering the vortex - at that moment the time line should have been restored - at least based on the way time is used in every other ST episode. The conditions would have been different the second time Archer attempted to enter the Vortex (a different location on the space/time continuum) so it may or may not have the same result.

Good insight about Lorien's experiences in the Expanse

This was clearly the stupidest episode ever on Enterprise. If ever there was an obvious 'time filler' before getting back to the real story this was it - pathetic is complimentary.

Oh - and never mind the temporal mechanics - how about T'Pol meeting herself. i.e. some of the same atoms (because some will be the same) duplicating themselves in the same space - I don't think so.

9.5 - a very underrated episode, it was interesting to see the crews descendents and I thought the old t'pol's make up was a bit dodgy ( well I don't think star trek has every done old makeup good before)

Edited by trek_dude

Sign in to follow this