Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "E Squared"?

What rating would you give "E Squared" out of 10?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "E Squared" out of 10?

Hey everyone! I don't know much about tonight's episode. Most of what I know is entirely inferred just from the name. It should be obvious. I was going to go to a friends tonight and tape Enterprise, but I just couldn't bring myself to do that as this season of my favorite show is coming to a close. I don't think I'll be able to get myself to Jiu Jitsu for Friends tomorrow either being the last episode and all. That said, I know most of you will enjoy the show immensely (the frequent 10's given to Enterprise by you tell me that) so have a good one and enjoy

Captain's Perrogative: I wrote E Squared in full in the title because I have no way to write a small 2 in superscript.

That was a great episode, this season is by far the best of the 3 so far!

I gave it a 9.5 because it just didn't quite reach 10 for me. I think I've only rated a 10 a couple times this year though.

Okay. This episode conflicted me. On the one hand, it could have been good. Interesting to meet their grand-kids to see how they've changed and stayed the same. Lorain was especially interesting, much more emotional than Spock. And it was nice to see that the tradition of stealing others technology was pased on.

On the other hand, this episode should not have happened. Since "Our" Enterprise survived the corridor, the other Enterprise should not have existed and been able to help them.

For those who don't know me, I am damn opposed to temporal mechanics. Gives me a headache. :laugh:

uh..

Click for Spoiler:

I'm tired of Time Travel..and the grand-kids just seemed more..of a way to continue along the story then to just get to the point and stop those crazy Xindi..BUT it is Trek and it rocked.

I gave it a 9.5, it was a very good episode. Did anyone else notice that Archer was a little annoyed that TPol and Trip had a child together? I also noticed everyone seems awfully piractical this season, Enterprise is robbing people, future Enterprise is robbing Enterprise, Enterprise is robbing future Enterprise. I waiting for a cameo by a parrot. This season is the best in my opinion, Avast ye scurvy spacemen!

Anyone notice the sharp glare Archer gave T'Pol about mentioning continuity? It's as if he's saying "Quiet Vulcan, you'll ruin it for Berman and Braga!"

Even though this episode was heavily tied into the arc- it some how managed to take a step back. The last few episodes have been so action packed that there wasn't time for some good-old fashioned character development. It was great to see the crew discussing personal matters instead of just yelling that the EPS grid has just exploded.

I noticed that the entire crew was covered in filth the entire episode- I would have thought that plumbing would be a top priority.

Even though this episode was heavily tied into the arc- it some how managed to take a step back.  The last few episodes have been so action packed that there wasn't time for some good-old fashioned character development.  It was great to see the crew discussing personal matters instead of just yelling that the EPS grid has just exploded.

I noticed that the entire crew was covered in filth the entire episode- I would have thought that plumbing would be a top priority.

Click for Spoiler:

T'Pol meeting her older self I think will cement the idea of her and Trip getting together, finally

Discussing personal matters on the show gives STF.Net more incentive to do the same :laugh: Thank You.

Edited by Jeanway

I only caught the last half, so I'll wait on rating it. I did see a few parallels to Endgame,,, but other than that I loved what I saw. :laugh:

On the other hand, this episode should not have happened.  Since "Our" Enterprise survived the corridor, the other Enterprise should not have existed and been able to help them.

For those who don't know me, I am damn opposed to temporal mechanics.  Gives me a headache. :laugh:

Click for Spoiler:

At the end of the episode....you're right, it didn't happen! (meeting the other enterprise). Thats why Archer/T'Pol came to the conclusion that Lorian and the others couldn't have come through the corridor, because the successful passage of "our" Enterprise eliminated their timeline. It gives most people a headache, but I think the conversation between Archer and T'Pol wrapped the loose ends together quite nicely.

Archer said something like "Lorian has years of command experience, I don't think thats the last time we'll see them." but Archer always says that. (I.E. "North Star.") :P

Overall...another 9.5 I think I'm becoming biased to rating episodes higher because we are finally wrapping this arc up. And what an amazing season its been!

I have noticed that UPN has stopped marketing Enterprise completely in my region of the USA (Atlanta). We used to hear radio commercials and you would see promos on TV....but not anymore. Pardon my language...but UPN sucks.

Can't wait till next week....(shaking with anxiety)

I can't wait til next week either. I want to see how this season is going to end.

Great job on tonight's episode. :laugh:

It was pretty good. But what I find was wrong with the episode was that Vulcans and Humans cannnot mate...

But Spock is the product of Vulcan Sarek and human Amanda.....

But except for that, I think it was an 8

:laugh: Wow, that episode was great..I have to give it a 9.5..I very rarely give out 10s..

Click for Spoiler:

It was nice to see the crew interact on more personal issues for a change..Malcolm certainly looked insecure..Finding out that he didn't hook up with someone.. :P That was kinda funny..I liked Lorin of course and his interaction with Trip...And Trip's scenes with T'Pol were good as well..Like I said..A great episode..

I gave this episode a 10....brilliant!!

Click for Spoiler:

I loved the conversation between Trip and his dad and T'Pol and her older self...I also liked the way this was a stand on its own episode and still stayed true to the arc. The time travel is awesome...that's what sci-fi is all about (the what ifs) and they ended it perfectly...if those ancestors never existed than any future is still possible and any relationship may or may not be.

ENT is very quickly becoming my fav series! :laugh:

I was expecting this one to be cheesy, so I was extremely happy to see it wasn't. I had this horrible mental picture of that TNG ep where some of the crew were turned to kids.

I think I liked the last ep better, so I gave this one a 9!

I gave this episode a 10....brilliant!!

Click for Spoiler:

I loved the conversation between Trip and his dad and T'Pol and her older self...I also liked the way this was a stand on its own episode and still stayed true to the arc.  The time travel is awesome...that's what sci-fi is all about (the what ifs) and they ended it perfectly...if those ancestors never existed than any future is still possible and any relationship may or may not be.

ENT is very quickly becoming my fav series! :laugh:

was great, and I agree with v_seven....

Also we finally find out what is the name of the NX-02 (as seen in The Expanse), the Columbia NX-02.....

I enjoyed the interactions by the older Enterprise NX-01 (did not mirror TOS as much as Twilight did....).

The (older) Enterprise NX-01 was sent 117 years into the past by the subspace corridor (by something called an impulse wake? I remember reading about a 'time wake' in the novel Doctor Who: Imperial Moon*)

But the 117-year-older Enterprise NX-01 certainly is cool....

The lighting is nice, I like the orange/yellowness of it....

The ''new'' technology is also cool, like the tractor beam, what they use as a deflector-dish (if that is what we saw in the front of that ship....), and many other things......

Two NX-01's were a nice sight, even though they are both messed up.....

The subspace corridor was a pretty neat looking passageway through the stars :P

We've got plenty of time-traveling in ENT this season....

Azati Prime-Somewhere around 2550 A.D.-We see the Battle of Procyon V, with which the Enterprise-J takes part in....

Federation fighting them transdimensional beings: the Sphere-Builders....

Twilight-2154 A.D.-An alternate future....

Where Earth is blown up by the Xindi-weapon, and so too with the colonies of Vega, Alpha Centauri, Mars and alot of others.... :P

2166 A.D.-T'Pol leads a rag-tag fugitive fleet (forgive the Battlestar Galactica quote... :P My mistake...) to the planet of Ceti Alpha V, where the last of humanity dwells until their doom as the Xindi come round.....

Carpenter Street-2004 A.D.-A stroll down to the capitalistic 21st century, sometime after the Eugenics War of the 1990's....

Xindi-Reptilians building a bio-weapon in Detroit, Michigan.....

And now....

-2154 A.D.-The Enterprise NX-01 meets a 117-year-older version of herself.....

I hope the older ENT doesn't get destroy by those aliens whom I cannot spell their names right now (I use captioning though....).

Really be neat to see it again.....

But was there a "future" Enterprise at the time of the Xindi attack that caused 7 million in deaths? Or is that a different timeline.....

*gets out chalk-board and starts charting timelines (Point A.. Enterprise.....)*lastresort.jpg42.gif

*Where the British send out space-ships to the Moon in the 19th century....

Edited by drwho42

I gave this one a 6. It was a good show its just from the previews I expected so much more. I really want to see what happens at the end of the arc.

I gave it a 7 and that was actually higher than I really felt.

Click for Spoiler:

The minute Archer backed off from the Nebula the second ship should have ceased to exist - because time had been altered and they never went into the past. This is how time travel has worked on all other ST series and it does bother me that they change the logic they have used for 35+ plus years.

Travis' line about the stars not being where they should be made me cringe - isn't that from TOS (maybe they were trying to pay homage)

Reed's conversation with Travis and Hoshi made him look pathetic.

I too noticed that no one takes a shower or changes their uniform.

Yeah, Archer did seem to have a personal peeve when he asked who Lorien's father was but he behaved like a gentleman. Although I notice he didn't speak to Trip this episode.

And T'Pol's last question - she was right - if the timelime had been restored they wouldn't have remembered.

I guess this means Phlox's discovery also made Spock's life possible. And who's Amanda by the way?

Trip/T'Pol - sorry but I guess I don't care that ENT will probably be cancelled.

I'm tired of the Xindi arc - etc.

Well I would sure care if it's cancelled, UnicornHunter. I'm sorry you feel that way. That's sad. A romance sure wouldn't put me off of ENT. I gave it a 7.5 out of 10. Some nagging plot holes but the character moments were flat out wonderful. I adored Lorien. What a sad, tired person he must have been keeping the generational crew who had never known Earth focused on their goal. Great, great casting.

For those who disagree with the temporal mechanics I offer you one word.....Sela. Half Romulan, half human. Daughter of an unnamed Romulan officer and the deceased Tasha Yar who owed her continued existence to an altered timeline. A timeline which was corrected by her going into the past. A corrected timeline which should have nullified Tasha's existence. Somehow, though, she managed to give birth to Sela. Time is not quite so separate from space as one thinks, so sayeth the traveller from TNG.

Edited by MoulinRouge

I have to :P to the creators of that episode. I gave it a 10 beacause they took a break from the Zindi. I like how they showed the future too. Congrats on such a great episode. Like Troi I can't wait for next weeks episode. Also I would like to comment that you all are nice posters.Keep up the good work I wish to know what everyone else thinks.

:P Skill of the borg!

:P The logic of a Vulcan!

:laugh: The battle skill of a Klingon!

:P The patience of a Cardassian!

:P The stinch of a Ferangi!

Unicorn Hunter, watch the TOS episode Journey to Babel! Amanda, Spock's mother, is featured prominietly in that episode...

Good episode

Here's some things I've thought of

Just becasue the real Enterprise made it through the subspace corridor doesn't mean the episode didn't happen. I guess it reminds me of "Yesterday's Enterprise" where Tasha's descendent was able to exist.

One thing that scared me was when T'Pol went to see herself on Lorian's Enterprise. Why you ask? Remember in Back to the Future where the Doc said if Marty saw himself it could create a paradox and destroy the universe? I knew that wouldn't happen but I remembered that from the movie so it was kind of wierd.

One thing that scared me was when T'Pol went to see herself on Lorian's Enterprise.  Why you ask?  Remember in Back to the Future where the Doc said if Marty saw himself it could create a paradox and destroy the universe?  I knew that wouldn't happen but I remembered that from the movie so it was kind of wierd.

First of all, the paradox would only happen if both versions of the same people UNEXPECTEDLY saw each other. This would not happen with the TPols because they had already known about it.

Second, the universe-ending paradox was only 1 possibility. The 2nd possibility was that when someone was unexpectedly confronted with their younger/older self they would simply pass out. This is what happened to Marty's girlfriend. Thus a universe-shattering paradox is not going to happen after all.

I guess this means Phlox's discovery also made Spock's life possible.  And who's Amanda by the way?

Amanda is Sarek's first or second wife. Both of his wives were human which would make Spock half human and half vulcan.

Sarek had three wives. The first was a Vulcan princess with whom he had Sybok. Amanda was the second and was mother to Spock. The third was Perrin, also human.

I'll give E^2 an 9. My favourite parts were when Reed asked that woman to sit with him after learning he would never marry and the NX-02 being named Columbia. I guess we have to start guessing what the NX-03 will be named. I'm thinking Challenger.

Sarek had three wives. The first was a Vulcan princess with whom he had Sybok. Amanda was the second and was mother to Spock. The third was Perrin, also human.

Actually, we don't know this. Spock did say in The Final Frontier that Sybok was a son of Sarek, and that his mother was a Vulcan princess (which would seem to imply that Vulcan is ruled by a king or queen, which is interesting in itself) but I don't think he specifically said they were married.

Maybe Sarek was just boinking the princess on the side. :laugh:

Sign in to follow this