Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Got Milk?

I've geen forgetting alot of stuff lately, could it be I've got a headfull of Startrek and there's no room in there for anything else? :lol: I don't know, anyway, do you have any advice on how to remember stuff??? :angry: Please share: :lol:

Oh, yeah! In order to remember stuff easily, all you have to do is.... uhh......

welll..... oh shoot! I forgot!

Believe it or not, when I need to prioritize tasks or remember certain items, I talk to myself. It somehow helps cement the ideas in my brain... mind you, people look at me funny, but I don't forget! :laugh:

Believe it or not, when I need to prioritize tasks or remember certain items, I talk to myself. It somehow helps cement the ideas in my brain... mind you, people look at me funny, but I don't forget!  :(

It's very interesting that you say that. In my line of work, when doing something fairly complicated, I will talk - or rather mumble - to myself like talking myself through it. The funny thing is that I know MANY people in my business who do that. I used to work in a lab where EVERYONE mumbled to themselves when they worked (no kidding!). It was interesting to listen to - sort of like a constant low buzzing sound coming from the lab.

Interesting, isn't it?

Believe it or not, when I need to prioritize tasks or remember certain items, I talk to myself. It somehow helps cement the ideas in my brain... mind you, people look at me funny, but I don't forget!  :lol:

It's very interesting that you say that. In my line of work, when doing something fairly complicated, I will talk - or rather mumble - to myself like talking myself through it. The funny thing is that I know MANY people in my business who do that. I used to work in a lab where EVERYONE mumbled to themselves when they worked (no kidding!). It was interesting to listen to - sort of like a constant low buzzing sound coming from the lab.

Interesting, isn't it?

nik, I can just see on the front of the building where you work, big LETTERS SPELLING OUT: ' MUMBLES TECH' :( :( :( We get the job done no matter how stupid we all look doing it :lol:

nik, I can just see on the front of the building where you work, big LETTERS SPELLING OUT: ' MUMBLES TECH' :(  :(  :( We get the job done no matter how stupid we all look doing it :lol:

Well.... It is funny to listen to and work in, but goll darn, it sure works. I can't imagine not working without mumbling to myself - just too inefficient, and I'm not alone!

Well, goll darn it nik, I do it myself :( :clap:Know WHY it helps you remember things? Because now you have involed two more senses, hearing and, well, ok, one more sense, speaking isin't a sense, it's an activity or action, right nik, helps you remember things because now you said it out loud, or in our case, we mubbled it out loud :(

Edited by Jeanway

Well, goll darn it nik, I do it myself :(  :clap:Know WHY it helps you remember things? Because now you have involed two more senses, hearing and, well, ok, one more sense, speaking isin't a sense, it's an activity or action, right nik, helps you remember things because now you said it out loud, or in our case, we mubbled it out loud :(

Hmmmmm.... fascinating idea! Yes, I have never thought of it that way before. You must be correct. The entire brain is involved in the activity, and by mumbling, the

worker is better able to stay "in the zone" (as I like to say). Dang, Jeanway! I bet you're right! Well done! Excellent!

Why Thank You Professor, :: curtsies, then falls over backwards:: :( :(