Sign in to follow this  
Tal

Why Didnt They

When paris broke the warp ten frshhold and evolved really quickly why didnt they just use it to get home. The reason i say this is because the doctor found a way to reverse it. Which means all they had to do is find a way to stop were they want to.

Comments welcome.

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

<_<

i dont remember this but it sounds like you have a very good question. It has been awhile since ive caught an episode of voyager so i cant quite remember this....what episode was it?

When paris broke the warp ten frshhold and evolved really quickly why didnt they just use it to get home. The reason i say this is because the doctor found a way to reverse it. Which means all they had to do is find a way to stop were they want to.

Comments welcome.

:tank:  :tomcat:  :tank:

:blink:

But they might not want to take the risk that they might not be able to reverse it because there is so many people.

If I remember, their resources for reaching beyond warp 10 were temporary and lost somehow or another. Either that or they didn't have enough stuff to reverse the effect on everyone.... :(

I think it was the problem of not knowing where they dropped out of warp 10. They couldn't figure out how to drop out of it in the right place.

Also they weren't sure of the hull stresses on Voyager.

They found something new for fuel, not sure what as i haven't seen it a while already :naughty:

but its not degrading, not like the one for the Slipstream Drives in "Timeless" which are degrading.

The problem about using Warp 10 are:

1. People could die, remember that Paris have something wrong with his brain that the Doctor is worried about, now that's just 1 person the doctor notice got a slight problem, now what about the rest of the at least 100 crew? Some of them could have much worst then Paris.

2. Again people could die, during the evolution changes of various environments they have been through. The Doctor could not cure all of them in time.

so that's 2 possible death situations.

3. 1 small mistake & they will be at the other side of the universe :naughty:

or drop right infront of the Borg Unicomplex or in the middle of the Romulan Space or other dangerous or unwelcomed area.

:naughty:

It was never a question of when, it was question of how. All they had to do was work out how to drop out where they wanted. The 'when they wanted' is irrelevant since at warp 10 they would be everywhere at once. And once they were home the doctor wouldn't need to cure them all himself since he would have a large number of starfleet doctors to assist him.

I think the hull stresses on Voyager problem is the most fitting "In Story" explanation, but in reality its just as Timelady_echo said:

cause if they got home so soon then it wouldn't be a series