Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Too Many Home Improvement Shows

You used to be able to turn on Discovery or TLC and watch something interesting. Now, it's home makeovers, more homemakers, fixing things, gardening, etc etc. - not that there isn't a value in these shows but there's a limit to how much you can take. Whatever happened to those great shows about special effects or mummies? Darn I'd even watch surgery at this point.

That's actually one of the only reasons I turn it on, to watch them lol. I like Trading Spaces and While You Were Out. I also like Monster House.

That's actually one of the only reasons I turn it on, to watch them lol. I like Trading Spaces and While You Were Out. I also like Monster House.

I used to watch and they make me feel like my house is so boring and that

I'm living in one great big garage sale...lol

I used to watch Discovery for Science, Animal, Health etc shows, now its boring :drool:

I haven't watched Trading Spaces as much as I used to but I really like While You Were Out. I've watched Clean Sweep and Trading Spaces: Family a couple of times.

On ABC, I have watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition the past couple of weeks and have enjoyed that too. Only things is some of the stories of the families whose home is been renovated have had me in tears. D'OH!

I watched a Debbie Travis program called Debbie Travis' Facelift for the first time recently and it was cool.

I used to watch Discovery for Science, Animal, Health etc shows, now its boring :lol:

You watch The Science Channel, ARMS (or to anyone else who reads this...)?

logo.gif

banner.gif

lastresort.jpg42.gif

spin.gifThe Adventures of STF.net

Thats the US Discovery channel, the UK Discovery channel used to be like your Science channel.

I used to watch Trading Spaces, but I gave up on it a while ago. I agree there are too many improvement shows, but I enjoy Clean Sweep and In A Fix at the moment. Except that I look around at my house and wonder what they would make of all my junk and my unfinished home improvement...

At least those home improvement shows are better then the so called "reality" shows! A rich dumb blonde (Jessica Simpson) thinks "Chicken of the sea" is some kind of chicken that is found in the ocean, not tuna! Give me a break! :lol: