Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

The Founding Of Canada

Three guys wanted to form a country. they decided that it would be made of three letters. The first said "C-eh". the second said "N-eh" and the last said "D-eh" And that's how canada was born...

Lol

lol...Its so true...I say eh! all the time and don't even realize it untill

someone points it out... :assimilated:

Three guys wanted to form a country. they decided that it would be made of three letters. The first said "C-eh". the second said "N-eh" and the last said "D-eh" And that's how canada was born...

Lol

What are you doing Weareborg? That, I found to be really offensive. Because, as a matter of fact, 3 of my ancetors did found a town in Canada. They were brothers. Hunters and trappers who came over from France in the 1700's. They all wore pistols. The town they founded is still there today, it's name is 'Tres Pistoles'.

So I found your little, whatever, kind of ignorant and offensive.

Lol

What are you doing Weareborg? That, I found to be really offensive. Because, as a matter of fact, 3 of my ancetors did found a town in Canada. They were brothers. Hunters and trappers who came over from France in the 1700's. They all wore pistols. The town they founded is still there today, it's name is 'Tres Pistoles'.

So I found your little, whatever, kind of ignorant and offensive.

sorry, It was just fun..

no offense intended....

Whenever any American tries to tease me about saying "eh" I always respond by saying "y'all don't want to be saying that" or something similar. I do believe "y'all" is to Americans what "eh" is to Canadians.

Whenever any American tries to tease me about saying "eh" I always respond by saying "y'all don't want to be saying that" or something similar. I do believe "y'all" is to Americans what "eh" is to Canadians.

:assimilated: :wub: :klingon:

Nice come back!!!!

I think thats just Texas.

You'd be surprised at how widespread it is! LOL

You'd be surprised at how widespread it is! LOL

I guess their saying is just like ours up here Canuckida then :assimilated:

I'd have to disagree. In the US saying "y'all" labels you as a Southerner - so it's more regional than national. I actually picked up saying "You guys" when I lived in the West because people made fun of "y'all". I've even heard "youse guys" a few times (other than Cagney movies I mean)

When I lived on the East coast, I noticed the people used the word, ' wicked ' in describing alot of stuff. Like saying something was WICKED good , or she is WICKED pretty. I haven't heard it used in the mid-west at all, that's wicked sad, I kind of liked it :blink:

I think 'huh' is actually the American equivalent to 'eh'. That's what I've heard. My brother has a T-shirt that says "Saying 'eh' sounds a lot better than saying 'huh'".

I think 'huh' is actually the American equivalent to 'eh'. That's what I've heard. My brother has a T-shirt that says "Saying 'eh' sounds a lot better than saying 'huh'".

Does that mean "eh" is grammatically frowned upon and corrected by adults when children say it?

I like that joke! I am half Canadian and take no offense. It was funny last summer when I want to France how many insulting jokes there were about Americans... I thought they were funny too!

And what is it if I say both "eh" and "y'all" because I am a half Canadian North Carolinian? I confuse myself... :drool:

Actually y'all is generally southern....

But it is pretty widespread...

I like that joke! I am half Canadian and take no offense. It was funny last summer when I want to France how many insulting jokes there were about Americans... I thought they were funny too!

And what is it if I say both "eh" and "y'all" because I am a half Canadian North Carolinian? I confuse myself...  :lol:

You think you're confused? I'm from the northeast, so "wicked" is a general term in communication. I went to university in the south, and still haven't dropped the "y'all" and "hon" from my speech. An ex-interest is from Wisconsin, and I picked up "eh" from him.

I think this thread is wicked funny, y'all!

I am from the Buffalo, New York. The city that shares a border with Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada. In Buffalo YOU WILL NOT HEAR Y'ALL. Please don't generalise American speech patterns. I know that you are joking.

Well actually Odie, Eh is really from Ontario (outside of Toronto) and isn't really common at all in the rest of Canada but we just joke about it..

I know you where joking. In Buffalo we get bashed from America and Canada about our speech. :lol: