Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

Best Star Trek Movie?

Which is the best Star Trek movie?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek VII: Generations
    • Star Trek VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek X: Nemesis

Attention TWoK fans, listen to what Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci say about drawing "inspiration from The Wrath of Khan when penning Star Trek XI"

By T'Bonz

September 16, 2008 - 12:59 AM

Star Trek XI co-writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci drew inspiration from The Wrath of Khan when penning Star Trek XI, finding it most like their movie.

As reported by Iesb.net, when asked which of the previous ten movies was most like Star Trek XI, at first, Orci wasn't sure how to answer the question. "In some ways, it shares the spirit with so many of them and in some ways it's...I don't know."

Kurtzman thought about the question and said, "Tough question to answer, just because there are so many different things. I guess the best way for me to answer is I can tell you that the movie for me that affected me the most as a kid was 'Wrath of Khan.' And that movie stood out for me because it had an unbelievable bad guy and the stakes just never felt higher."

Orci agreed, adding, "And every character was at their most actualized. It really had the classic delivery for every character, they are finally their full selves in that movie I think, more than any of the features."

"And obviously the relationship between Kirk and Spock in that movie was as good as it gets," said Kurtzman. "So, I think, that must have, or that contributed to our approach."

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_e...mp;article=5475

I voted for 'The Undiscovered Country.'

But I love so many of the Star Trek movies. I could have easily voted for Wrath of Khan, Insurrection, First Contact, The Voyage Home for the humor award, and Nemesis dealing with loss.