Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Fall Of The Federation?

Would you be interested in reading a fan fic about the fall of the Federation?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in reading a fan fic about the fall of the Federation?

• Yes
    • No
    • The Federation will fall? Are you Nuts!?!
    • What goes up must come down--sure!

Personally, I don't want to see the Federation fall. You should keep in mind that the Federation can't fall until after the 29th century as evidenced in Future's End.

Click the spoiler below for the basic plot outline

Click for Spoiler:

the plot is that the Federation is on the verge of a Civil war that will rip it apart. it involves some of Star Trek's greatest heros, and might well spell the end for at least one of them.

I think that sounds like a great idea, of course, it might be hard for me fully appericate it, I mean, the Federation could NEVER fall with the USS Dysfunct on their side!

LOL! :drool: That is a very interesting plotline Jim. Perhaps take some type of incident like in Insurrection.

Edited by Beam me up

It depends on the century, reason, and end result. All great nations rise and fall. If it's so you can tell a "dark and edgy" story of a "doom and gloom" future, no thanks. If it's to remind us that great civilizations rise and fall, and that a new and better civilization or organization will replace the UFP, then I'd be interrested and intruiged. So, what is your purpose in writing the fan-fic? I'm not asking you to spoil it or anything, just what you're trying to accomplish with the story.

Example:

Voyager's ultimate goal, I believe, was to tell action-oriented stories about a lone ship on the other side of the galaxy, fighting to survive and find a faster way home.

A statement like the above example would be great for me to understand your intention. After that, I'll place my vote and explain why. :laugh:

It depends on the century, reason, and end result.  All great nations rise and fall.  If it's so you can tell a "dark and edgy" story of a "doom and gloom" future, no thanks.  If it's to remind us that great civilizations rise and fall, and that a new and better civilization or organization will replace the UFP, then I'd be interrested and intruiged.  So, what is your purpose in writing the fan-fic?  I'm not asking you to spoil it or anything, just what you're trying to accomplish with the story.

Example:

Voyager's ultimate goal, I believe, was to tell action-oriented stories about a lone ship on the other side of the galaxy, fighting to survive and find a faster way home.

A statement like the above example would be great for me to understand your intention.  After that, I'll place my vote and explain why. :laugh:

the basic idea, CJLP, is about part of the Federation being unhappy with policies and such...basically a set up similar to the American Civil War. the issue isn't slavery, but it is, nonetheless, an important issue. the federation ends up divided, and a civil war ensues. ther basic premise being a house divided against itself cannot stand. as the title suggests, the Federation will fall. what rises to take its place may be better or worse.

I'm interested in why I get sent to the STF purgatory, everytime I click on one of your links. For some reason everytime I click on your posts I'm transferred to STF's password recovery section. It's bizarre.

this is not even close to complete, but you can downlaod what I have so far here.

That sounds good, just don't use the word read in a story. It's a little redundant. :P

I'm hooked already! When's the next instalment?

Interesting could u give us a little more idea into what u got planned for the might federations withdrawal from the galactic scene?

well, the setting is 10 years after the end of the Dominion War, and the Federation is split, so the Federation and the Confederacy will basically have a fight to the death. whatever replaces the Federation will be stronger, no doubt. but how it all works...well, you'll just have to read.