Sign in to follow this  
Sarah

The Borg Queen

ok so I was wondering I have seen the Borg queen die like 2 times. how is the next queen chosen?? do they act like a bee colony? is the next queen in a stasis or something?

The Borg Queens that you have seen die are just bodies. The Queen's consciousness is part of the collective. When the body is destroyed the consciousness is transferred to another body.

I believe she only has a "body" when she wants to physically manifest herself. She can have one built anytime, anywhere. When that body dies, she lives on in the collective till she feels the need to assemble another body.

Here's my question: Where does she get the upper-body part to manifest herself in? Does she use her best (whatever her species is)-looking drone, does she clone her original self, and use that to make her new body or what?

I believe she only has a "body" when she wants to physically manifest herself.  She can have one built anytime, anywhere.  When that body dies, she lives on in the collective till she feels the need to assemble another body.

Here's my question: Where does she get the upper-body part to manifest herself in?  Does she use her best (whatever her species is)-looking drone, does she clone her original self, and use that to make her new body or what?

My assumption would be that she clones herself.

the thing is that the only part of her that is still organic was her brain.... if u recall, the reactor coolant disintegrated her organic tissue in first contact...so that all that remained was a chrome spinal column that enclosed what we believe to be a brain stem... so i believe she is not integrated into the consciousness where she can "download" her individual personality (as she is the only borg to have one) into a new cloned body...

further when picard confronts her about dying at wolf 359 she remarks something like "you humans think so 3 dimensionally"... thus.. could it be the case that she is saved at the end of first contact again by some higher 4th dimensional-time travel extraction?? and brought back to the delta quadrant where it is "safer" for the queen.... i dunno its not like any of this is canon untill we see it on tv..

the thing is that the only part of her that is still organic was her brain.... if u recall, the reactor coolant disintegrated her organic tissue in first contact...so that all that remained was a chrome spinal column that enclosed what we believe to be a brain stem... so i believe she is not integrated into the consciousness where she can "download" her individual personality (as she is the only borg to have one) into a new cloned body...

further when picard confronts her about dying at wolf 359 she remarks something like "you humans think so 3 dimensionally"... thus.. could it be the case that she is saved at the end of first contact again by some higher 4th dimensional-time travel extraction?? and brought back to the delta quadrant where it is "safer" for the queen.... i dunno its not like any of this is canon untill we see it on tv..

In First Contact her brain was not organic (see image below). Also it was in First Contact when she told Picard that humans think in 3 dimensional terms after he had talked about seeing her on the Borg ship that the Enterprise had destroyed after Wolf 359.

12.jpg

ok so what you all are saying is that the borg queen acts like a pod person sort a speak? does anyone know how she "picks" the next body or if she can clone why not clone all the borg that she already has (no need to assimilate ) ? :wub:

Here's what startrek.com library has to say about your question:

Information on this being is still very limited. Apparently the Borg Queen has been destroyed on a number of occasions, but another queen always seems to take her place. (It is not clear whether more than one queen exists simultaneously, or if a new queen is created when the old one dies.) The Borg's collective nature makes it likely that each Borg Queen has all her predecessors' (and/or counterparts') qualities and memories. Therefore when she speaks as "I," she is presumably referring to all previous manifestations of the Queen, going back probably thousands of years.

why not clone all the borg that she already has (no need to assimilate ) ? :wub:

I think the reason they don't just clone alot of borg is because the borg strive towards perfection, taking the uniqueness from each person/culture they assimlate, they could just use clones, but clones are only given the knowalege/uniqueness of the person they're created by, so with that you just go in circles

I could be wrong, but what if the Borg Queen's conscience is just data from a computer. What makes it that our memories and our thoughts our feelings and are passions cannot be limited through one memory chip. Maybe this is just what the Borg needs to recognize they are, just advanced computers gone wild. Whatever conscience this Queen has is just the sophisicated programming of the maker. This might seem so small scaled, but all the freaky computer movies that I saw tried to take over the world they were just loads of data programmed by this hardcore programmer. I think the entire answer that needs to be answered is who created the Borg, who was the first one to be assimilated. Obviously, I think that someone tried to assimilate themselves trying to gain a deeper understanding of lifes most personal struggles, but accidently instead of gaining the deeper understanding, made herself and others 'the monster;' which is simply just a messed up computer chip.

Some of lifes hardest questions can be answered through small things.

Interresing ideas, Ahane!

However, the Queen explained to Data that the Borg started out just like humans, but evolved to include the synthetic. I believe they tried to add artificial implants to their species, and over the centuries, became more and more machine. Eventually, they got the idea to link up, thus the Borg are born.

I believe that the Queen is a consciencous, yes, since she is "uploaded" into the collective, I guess you could say she is like a program-copy of the original queen's personallity. I think that the Queen is more like an entity that thrives within the collective. She can have a body built anywhere, anytime. She could even manifest herself in multiple places at once. Her fuction seems to mostly bring order to the collective, but she also seems to have control of the collective. Some say she "is" the collective voice represented with a queen. I doubt this, since we've seen numerous times, her telling drones what to do.

Anywho, those are my ramblings. :(

Everyone here has really good ideas on this. Myself I agree that the "Queen" is just a manifestation that is taken on when it is appropriate to communicate with other forms of life. And that she is nothing more than a body that is a puppet to the hive.

Well i qeuss those are some pretty good idea's but.... if you read the voyager 2 bok series called "homecoming" it says the queen is an entity that is created b a program called the royal protocol so i would say that all the knowledge and info from previus queens is stored into this "royal protocol" but that the queen is much like a the queen of a bee hive (she "controls the collective} and not through direct control but through a form of i would say persuasion like the queen would just say assimalite that ship but the drones would work out the details and strategy! :blink:

Everyone here has really good ideas on this.  Myself I agree that the "Queen" is just a manifestation that is taken on when it is appropriate to communicate with other forms of life.  And that she is nothing more than a body that is a puppet to the hive.

If this is so, then how come she tells the collective not to persue Voyager durring "Endgame"?

The Borg Queen was of course the perfect villan against Janeway. The hissing, snydie, little comments. The Crystal and Alexis of the Star Trek universe!

"Janeway, i will asssssimilate you - but not your hairstyles, they sssssssuck..."

"Well, well, if it isn't the Borg Queen. Love your make-up. Where would one get that particular shade of slime green?"

"In the ssssame placcce one would get your pebble-dashed gravellie voice Janeway"

"Oh come come Borgie Queenie baby. You're starting to 'drone' on a bit"

"I'd rather do that, than end up like you Janeway, a frustrated old spinster whose man couldn't wait to ditch the dogs and get himself a new woman as soon as you dissssappeared into the back end of no-where..."

"Rubber boobs"

"She-he"

Not much boobage on the Borg Queen really, but what there is is probably rubber yes. :Hmmm...:

Anyway, I doubt the queen was even elected in the first place. More likely seems she is the founder or one of the founders of the Borg.

Best scene with the Borg Queen from 0:20 to 0:55 in this clip. (Unfortunately it is cut short and interrupted by speech, but I couldn't find the full clip on youtube.) Love the way she stretches her limbs after assembly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIdXmC9a3oU

Edited by Hooray for boobies

She did say during one of her outings in Voyager that she was herself from a member of species something or other. Alice Kridge came back as the Queen at the end of Voyager - Endgame. Not sure whether she was supposed to be the same Borg Queen as that which appeared in First Contact. Timetraveling etc. But think yes she was ultimately a manifestation of some sort of leadership, collective decision making programme, appearing as a single form, easier for the old Humans to interact with. Unsure why her voice isn't the one we hear though when the Borg says "we are the Borg, blah, resistence is futile"

Maybe the Borg have a competetion to see who the new Queen will be ... the Borg factor. Panel consisting of Locutus, Borg Queen from First Contact, Seven of Nine and Hugh.

Borg Queen from First Contact: "Honey, love the slimy skin, just the right shade of green, but you need to work on lowering your head down onto a pvc clad body..."

Seven of Nine: "I agree, you got the attitude and the look but I was not impressed with your head to body skills tonight ..."

Locutus: "Awful, I thought you just droned on all night, you were no better than a level one service drone ..."

Audience: BOOOO oooo OOO ooooo

Locutus: "No, no, I stand by my comments, a level one service drone in an auxilliary sphere in the Gamma Quadrant!"

Hugh: "I like her, I liked her, I did"

In the begining of borg creation,she was weird but at last she is an elegant lady drone i always love and loved back from her..