Sign in to follow this  
gul_nodrog

Biggest tear-jerker episode

There's a thread over at the TNG board about the saddest TNG episode, so I got to thinking about DS9 (all trek roads lead to DS9 for me!).

Click for Spoiler:

I think the saddest DS9 episode is probably "Sacrifice of Angels" ... when Dukat breaks down after Zyal is killed by Damar, it gets me teared up every time. I hated Dukat, but I felt so sorry for him when he's found by Sisko after he's watched his daughter die. He was a slimeball, but you just couldn't help feeling bad for him. And Garak ... geez, he lost his estranged father and his one hope of happiness (Zyal) within 6 months of each event.

Which episodes get to you guys?

Mine is the one when jadzia die's :) i cant think of the name of the episode, i always had a little crush on her :clap:

It may seem strange but the episode with Luxana Troi being so kind to Odo is my choice.

That's not strange at all ... I forgot all about that one! I thought that episode was really sweet and sad and just all-around great. I've always liked Luxana, ever since we first saw her on TNG, and Odo, well, fuggedaboutit.

Good call.

The Visitor

Agreed!!

That epsiode is full of deep love and deep pain, and the restoration at the end does not spare the viewer from emotional roller coaster of Jake Sisko's life-long struggle to save his father, or the emotional impact of his final self-sacrifice.

Plus that episode gives us insight into later episodes, including the one where Jake's passion to be a writer used by this vampire-like creature who nearly kills him. Also we understand the final episode where Jake and Kira stand together looking longingly at the wormhole, where their loved ones are.

The Visitor is my choice as well, I just love that episode. By the way, can anyone remember who wrote it? One of the best scripts in Trek, IMO..

Mine is the one when jadzia die's :laugh: i cant think of the name of the episode, i always had a little crush on her :laugh:

That was 'Tears of the Prophets' and that was sad at the end..I hated losing Jadzia like that. Seemed so meaniless..But I have to say that as a whole I believe 'The Visitor' was a much sadder episode..To see what Jake went thru as he aged.. And at the very end to see how he gave him and his father another chance at life together..

I'd have to say Hard Time. I almost cried at the end, O'Brian almost killing himself and all. That was soooooooooo sad.

Mine is the one when jadzia die's :laugh: i cant think of the name of the episode, i always had a little crush on her :bow:

That was 'Tears of the Prophets' and that was sad at the end..I hated losing Jadzia like that. Seemed so meaniless..But I have to say that as a whole I believe 'The Visitor' was a much sadder episode..To see what Jake went thru as he aged.. And at the very end to see how he gave him and his father another chance at life together..

There is one profound remark I think Jake makes, that gives even more insight into his lifelong pain. He talks about the fact that when you lose someone you love, the wound eventually heals to the point where you can go on and make a life for yourself. But Jake's wound was constantly being reopened with repeated instances of losing his father throughout his life. He could not heal. He could not move on.

I'm Going With "The Visitor" On This One, With "Tears Of The Prophets" Coming In Next. Maybe Even "What You Leave Behind", Odo Left Kira Behind, Sisko Left Behind Jake & Cassidy..Plus The New Baby Coming. There Was Alot Of Leaving At The End Of That Episode. Not To Mention Cardassia Damn Near Being Whiped Out.

I am currently watching DS9 for the first time on Spike. I do agree "Sacrifice of Angels" was very sad. I would of voted for that episode if I hadn't just watched "The Visitor" 2 days ago and I lost count of how many times I teared up during that episode. I was emotional drained at the end. I loved it!

The saddest episode for me was Hard Time. Next would probably be Duet when the Cardassian trying to make amends for the war was murdered.

Definetly "The Visitor"...But I also cried watching "The Sacrifice of Angels"...Was I the only one who liked Ziyal?

Just watching Dukat break down, holding his dying daughter brought about thirteen tears to my eyeballs...

:thumbs:

I have 2 that made me cry :tribble: the first is the episode when jadzia dies i cant think of the name of the episode,and one i saw a few days ago called hero worship that brought a tear to my eye that poor little boy :laugh:

Oh yea, I also cried on "The Quickening"...that whole episode was pretty depressing....

Definetly "The Visitor"...But I also cried watching "The Sacrifice of Angels"...Was I the only one who liked Ziyal?

Just watching Dukat break down, holding his dying daughter brought about thirteen tears to my eyeballs...

:hammer:

246666[/snapback]

I loved Ziyal! She was the one halfway redeeming part of Gul Dukat's life and she was such a good person in spite of everything she'd been through. I was so happy for Garak that he had someone to care about him, then Damar wacked her ... I was so upset. Not Jadzia upset, but upset nonetheless.

Dukat's decline into madness began when Ziyal died ... he was fun to watch anyway, but after that he really had a screw loose.

Another sad, tear jerking episode is "The Begotten"...Do you remember it?

It's when Odo purchases a Changeling from Quark not knowing what it was at first and attempts to raise it...

Anyway, it ends up dying at the end...God, my heart sank for poor Odo...

It's when Odo purchases a Changeling from Quark not knowing what it was at first and attempts to raise it...

252754[/snapback]

I didn't see it as having died though. It "linked" with Odo and they bacame one. That's why Odo was able to shapeshift again.

That's how I viewed it anyway.

252754[/snapback]

I saw "Begotten" as more of a feel good show actually. Yeah, the changling died, but he linked himself with Odo, and just the happiness of the promenade scene felt really really good. It's one of my underrated favorites of the series.