Sign in to follow this  
Stelfan

Romulans Turning Good?

In Nemesis you can see really clear signs that the Romulans are soon going to be allies of the Federation.. They are almost turning good, but do you really want that?

I would hate it, I really love the Romulans, but only as enemies, I think turning them nice would destroy them :laugh:

What are your thoughts?

I don't see them joining the federation anytime soon, just being allies. I think it will take quite a while still before they actually join the federation.

I don't see the Romulans joining the Federation, either. Too much political in-fighting. Maybe a group of Romulans, led by Ambassador Spock, could approach the Federation and make them think they want to join. After all, their Vulcan "brothers" are already part of the Federation. But they would be considered "traitors" by the Romulan government, and the story could go from there. A good way to bring Spock back, if Leonard Nimoy could be talked out of retirement!

I'm not sure about the Romulans. Some may want peace but there are probably more that still want to defeat the Federation which was the original motivation for the Romulan fleet to ally itself with Shinzon in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if the Romulans made unrealistic demands at the negotiating table and then went back to Romulus claiming the Federation isn't serious about peace and the hostilies then continue. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I think you're jumping the gun. Just because they are on good terms does not me the Romulans would join the Federation. They may become allies, but not part of the Federation.

The Klingons have never joined the Federation so there would be no reason for the Romulans if they did become allies. I would be very interested in knowing what will happen between the Federation and the Klingons if the Federation allies itself with the Romulans. Just because the Federation makes peace does not mean the Klingon Empire will become allies of the Romulans. Would make for a really cool sequel to Nemesis having the Romulans and Klingons at odds and the Federation stuck in the middle.

Okey, I must agree that they will probably not join the Federation, still I think it would only be bad for the Romulans to ally with star fleet, I love them just as evil as they are..

Okey, I must agree that they will probably not join the Federation, still I think it would only be bad for the Romulans to ally with star fleet, I love them just as evil as they are..

Well, it depends on the way you look at it. I would think it's reasonable to state that there would be some Romulan factions that would not agree with the alliance with the Federation. One of these factions could be a reformed Tal Shiar. In which case, it might make for some interesting story lines that involve Romulan resistance, that is assuming another ST series carries on the current movie time line. So the writers could probably make it still interesting not just have the Romulans as a bunch of do-gooders that just stand there and look funny, at least I would hope so.

The way I see it the Romulans are allied with the Federation and thats only because of recent threats to the Alpha Quadrent (Borg,Dominon,etc) Its an uneasy alliance,I'm sure Romulans would love to defeat the Federation but due to recent wars their military is below its usual standards.

I agree, they'll never join the Federation just like the Klingons never joined the Federation.

It'd have been like the USSR joining NATO.

lol maybe the romulans are planning an inside job. you know gain the federations trust and when they are not looking tada take over!!! i dont know but it makes for an interesting thought , :laugh: :wub:

If im not mistaken didnt the Romulans kinda sorta want to Ally with the Dominion? Or didnt they join? I seem to think that was the case... granted this is pre Nemisis but just a thought..

The Romulans Signed a Non-Aggresion Treaty with the Dominion. Then Later, they were about to sign something else..can't remember what it was....But on the way back to Romulus from Cardasian Space, the Romulan Ambasador's Ship blew up...because of Garak....and it looked like the Dominion did it.

Something Like that :wub:

I agree, they'll never join the Federation just like the Klingons never joined the Federation.

It'd have been like the USSR joining NATO.

I think it will end up being something like the kligongs....good ones and bad ones.

I like them evil too, though, lol!!

I think it will end up being something like the kligongs....good ones and bad ones.

DSBS I love your typos.

I'm wondering what everyone thinks will happen to the Federation/Klingon alliance if the Federation allies itself with the Romulans. The Klingons and Romulans are blood enemies. Do you think the Klingons and Romulans would become allies or would the Klingons end the alliance with the Federation?

It would actually be pretty interesting if the Romulans allied with the federation and then Klingons declare war on them.. Mix it up a bit :look:

I think what may happen is that some(that we saw) wish to have peace with the Federation.....and of course there is going to be many that wish to keep their society as it was, then of course the Remans may still want a say even though Shinzon is now gone. I think they probably will bring themselves to the brink of or even into a civil war....and then all hell will break loose...since the Dominion is involved as well..

I don't know if I would even trust Donatra. She may have said that thing about earning a friend in the Romulan Empire but her reasons for going after Shinzon were not noble. First she was not happy about him turning her down and then realizing what Shinzon really thought of Romulans probably didn't know if he would turn on her one day too. I think her only reason for helping the Enterprise was her own self-preservation.

I don't know if I would even trust Donatra.  She may have said that thing about earning a friend in the Romulan Empire but her reasons for going after Shinzon were not noble.  First she was not happy about him turning her down and then realizing what Shinzon really thought of Romulans probably didn't know if he would turn on her one day too.  I think her only reason for helping the Enterprise was her own self-preservation.

She could be a leading person in the civil war that I said could happen....

well if you sit back and think about it, remember a TOS episode where kirk fought against a warbird,(the actor that did spocks father was the one who played the romulan), cant remember the name of the episode, but anyway as a matter of honor, the romulan respected kirk for the honorable man he was and as an equal in command tactics. what happened at the end of nemesis could've been no more than a mutual respect, and be left at that. its happened a few times throughout startrek history. im sure that with all the internal strife in romulas an allegiance will be far far off. does that make any sense to you?

I just keep remembering the fact that the Romulans are the ones that supplied the cloaking device for the defiant. So in a way are they not already allies, even if they are loose ones.

DSBS I love your typos.

I'm wondering what everyone thinks will happen to the Federation/Klingon alliance if the Federation allies itself with the Romulans. The Klingons and Romulans are blood enemies. Do you think the Klingons and Romulans would become allies or would the Klingons end the alliance with the Federation?

oh dear....kligongs... :laugh: I need to start reading my posts before I post them...

The Romulans are old school baddies..they can conjur up more creative bad guys in just three eps..and not all of them are turning good..theres always going to be resistance..and that ship that has been floating in space since they were at war with the federation. :laugh:

I don't think it matters cause in the last episode of TNG(all good things) the rolmulans will be destroyed or taken over by the Klingons.

I don't think it matters cause in the last episode of TNG(all good things) the rolmulans will be destroyed or taken over by the Klingons.

I posted regarding this in your TNG question. Once again it was a Q scenario in All Good Things and the future was changed when the anti-time anomoly was "destroyed".

I posted regarding this in your TNG question. Once again it was a Q scenario in All Good Things and the future was changed when the anti-time anomoly was "destroyed".

Yes, my Sister is right...

In Nemesis you can see really clear signs that the Romulans are soon going to be allies of the Federation.. They are almost turning good, but do you really want that?

I would hate it, I really love the Romulans, but only as enemies, I think turning them nice would destroy them :laugh:

What are your thoughts?

I vote yes. Peace with the Romulans would be a fitting ending to Spocks legacy and force tptb to create a new foe.