Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

TRANSPORTOPHOBIA

Having your molecules taken apart then re-assembled? Hoshi and McCoy had this fear. I think I would give it a try. :bow:

give me a bottle of scotch and i would try

:bow: I never thought of that Tina :bow::bow: :)

I would have reservations about being the first thing ever to go through but with proven records of other living things going through unscathed then sure I would.

With ALL the transportations we all have collectively seen, none of us should give it a second thought. I mean unless your living in Fantasyland we've all seen it done successfully, so what's the problem here? :blink: B)

don't think I would want to do it..I mean (1)is the matter that you are re-assimibled with the exect particles b4 or are you just being copied to the same pattern as b4 with different matter? (2) how do you copy a "soul" if so. I wouldn't want to lose my soul!

I would do it, if I lived in the 24th century and it was a widely used device for transporting I don't think I would have a problem with it.

It's kind of like flying, a lot of people are afraid of it, but I love it would go on a plane trip in a heartbeat because I think it's been proven to be a safe mode of transportion. Same with the transporter, if it was proven to be relatively safe and it worked then I would do it.

Sure I'd give it a shot. It can't be any more dangerous then driving on the freeway in Phoenix at rush hour. :laugh:

Give me a bottle of brandy and an all-expenses -paid trip to Risa with Captain Archer and I'll think about it. :laugh:

don't think I would want to do it..I mean (1)is the matter that you are re-assimibled with the exect particles b4 or are you just being copied to the same pattern as b4 with different matter? (2) how do you copy a "soul" if so. I wouldn't want to lose my soul!

Oh :laugh: What else can I say? :look:

Sure why not i like the idea of beaming in and out of place's,could be a very handy thing to have,just beam to the shops and back again no traffic jams :laugh:

I love flying in an airplane, and I am sure I would be willing to fly on a ship at warp speed, or hop on a runabout. But I am not sure I would step on a transporter pad.

I would have reservations about being the first thing ever to go through but with proven records of other living things going through unscathed then sure I would.

Right with ya!

Sure I'd give it a shot. It can't be any more dangerous then driving on the freeway in Phoenix at rush hour.  :tear:

Ain't that the truth? *shrugs* If it has a relatively safe track record, sure I would. From what we've seen, it really does look like the transporter had a better safety record than driving a car does nowadays.

I'm pretty sure that the transporter uses all your own energy and matter - it does not copy you. Therefore, you wouldn't lose your soul.

I think as long as it was proven safe, I'd try it.

I'd be game to try anything once.

I'd write more but they are letting this monkey out of his cage for the day

YIPPEEE!!!! :waaaa::eekout:

They have the mathematics fo it...

but the problem is that the computers we have aren't fast enough to calculate the human genome...

It would take life times to transport...

I wrote in the book "The world according to Startrek" that the human atoms have to be changed into bytes, to accomplisch this you need to heat up the atom over more than a milion degrees celcius, than another problem is a humunbody has for about 1000 x milion atoms, and to buffer that you need a harddrive with a capacity om more than 1000 x 1,000,000 x 8 = alot of memory :clap::clap:.

problem is we can,t get that high temperature now, and we have not a harddrive with that must room on it.

but the idee that my body must be heated up that high.. hmmmmm.. no i rather taak a shuttlepod. :huh:

I'd probably want to try it, then right before I go I bet I would start to get second thoughts and I would start panicing. Then I would need someone to hold my hand and help calm me down.

This process would repeat several times before I acctually got transported. It would probably be quicker to tha a shuttlepod :blink:

If these admittedly primitive twenty-first century scientists needed a human guinea pig for their transporter, I would be the first to volunteer. No second thoughts or hesitation here! I do not care if there is only like a twenty percent chance I would live. Beam me up, Scotty!