Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Have you died and were brought back?

I have had a near death and experience and i never saw the tunnel I did feel God and feel as though I were imparted with knowledge. I have since been closer to my environ and people than before and have experienced psychic phenomena. This is not uncommon for Near death Experiencers.

I have had a near death and experience and i never saw the tunnel I did feel God and feel as though I were imparted with knowledge. I have since been closer to my environ and people than before and have experienced psychic phenomena. This is not uncommon for Near death Experiencers.

I don't think that's true. :bow: I think it's very common, people just don't talk about it because it's kind of etherial, ANGEL :bow::bow:

Nope never had that happen to me i have had what some ppl call a out of body experiance but that was at home in my bed but it could have been a dream.

I was once declared dead but I remember no visions (either real or imaginary) during those few minutes, it was just dark. :bow: I hope that doesn't mean anything bad. :bow: *Gulps*

I was once declared dead but I remember no visions (either real or imaginary) during those few minutes, it was just dark.  :bow:  I hope that doesn't mean anything bad.  :bow: *Gulps*

Nah don't worry Alterego, that means you were already low on oxygen to begin with or you have no soul.

It has never happened to me, though heaven knows I have read about it often enough, I want to go through it just to find out what the truth is! My Mom has probably talked with people like that though, as she is a doctor. Maybe I should ask her...

I know all about that. :bow: Recently I feel like I've died and gone to Heaven right here :bow:

I was once in hospital after a powerful concussion (thanx bro), and i woke up dead in hospital during my observation stage, i opened my eyes and i wasn't breathing and a dr was performing cpr on me, my heart started after what seemed like hours, i sat up and took in a huge breath. Was Scary....

No I didn't die before... The tunnel is actually oxygen escaping from your brain, causing flashbacks.

lol, I have this vision of someone popping a balloon and all the air rushing out. Do you mean anoxia?

Personally no - I have not had an NDE , I did have an unusual experience once but it was probably a dream.

My opinion on NDE's is that people will believe what they want to believe. Anoxia could explain the bright lights etc. So could an analgesic like Ketamin. I've read also about a naturally produced chemical that causes feelings of peace and euphoria when the body suffers trauma.

On the other hand I read some research by a heart surgeon that concluded the patient could not have described the events any other way than to have seen them from above the operating table - no mirrors etc.

My personal opinion is that there is more one explanation for such occurences and the experience will be different for different people.

I really prefer I don't have one :clap:

Jeanway, who are you calling a cynic? You posted right after my post - so I wondered if you didn't like my post. Think about it - to have a NDE means I would have to be in an accident, have an illness etc. and I prefer that not happen to me.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

Jeanway, who are you calling a cynic?  You posted right after my post - so I wondered if you didn't like my post.  Think about it - to have a NDE means I would have to be in an accident, have an illness etc. and I prefer that not happen to me.

Sorry, UH, I just feel like there are so many things we don't understand. If you think oxygen escaping from the brain ISIN'T death, what is it? Just like, when does life actually begin, when does death actually begin? You can stick another name on it but it is what it is. There are alot of things people PREFER not happen to them, but sometimes we don't have a choice. You've been lucky and think that your decision not to have something bad happen to you has alot to do with it. But life has a way of turning the tables on people, like it or not, somethings we CAN'T control. I hope your luck continues. God bless you. :clap:

If I did die no one ever told me. Guess ignorance is bliss eh? Then again I might be some kind of zombie, there have been days when I certainly felt like one. I'm remembering something I heard once, " ...the brain doesn't need oxygen it just needs to be kept wet." :clap:

Jeanway, who are you calling a cynic?  You posted right after my post - so I wondered if you didn't like my post.  Think about it - to have a NDE means I would have to be in an accident, have an illness etc. and I prefer that not happen to me.

Sorry, UH, I just feel like there are so many things we don't understand. If you think oxygen escaping from the brain ISIN'T death, what is it? Just like, when does life actually begin, when does death actually begin? You can stick another name on it but it is what it is. There are alot of things people PREFER not happen to them, but sometimes we don't have a choice. You've been lucky and think that your decision not to have something bad happen to you has alot to do with it. But life has a way of turning the tables on people, like it or not, somethings we CAN'T control. I hope your luck continues. God bless you. :clap:

I don't think you understood my comment. I found Nem's definition humorous. I don't think oxygen "escapes" from the brain like someone poked a hole in a balloon. If blood stops circulating brain cells cease to be re-oxygenated. That's a different situation than "venting" oxygen. Anoxia would only be "death" if the condition persisted long enough to cause irreversible damage. In other words people can survive brief anoxia - based on the medical profession definition of death as cessation of brain activity.

I have to say I don't see why someone should be offended by my hoping I don't become ill or have an accident. I would think everyone hopes that.

You might also note I only summarized the prevailing theories regarding NDE's. I didn't really say what I believe about it. Other than I think it isn't necessarily the same experience for everyone that has an NDE.

UH, please, no one wants bad things to happen to them. But this is life and s**t happens. I don't want anything bad to happen to me either but really, what we want and what we get are sometimes very different. That's all I'm saying :clap: O.K.?