Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

Has any body noticed this?

Have you noticed that Tuvok's pips say he is a lieutenant commander in season 1 and 2 while he is only a lieutenant?

Have you noticed that Tuvok's pips say he is a lieutenant commander in season 1 and 2 while he is only a lieutenant?

Nope missed that one but i have them on tape so i will have a look :bow:

Well if you look closely at "All Good Things" you'll see that the early Data is wearing Lieutenant pips even though Riker clearly called him Lieutenant Commander in "Encounter at Farpoint".

I think this was done to give Yar a more meaningful role in All Good Things, but still...

Yes

40 days I waited for a responce, and this is the best you can do? :blink:

Yes

40 days I waited for a responce, and this is the best you can do? :clap:

Well, borgdrone222 likes to spam... also you said it twice... so maybe you do too... B)

Edited by Commodore -Harry Kim-

Many times... Tis SOOOOO ANNOYING!!!

Chaos in the costume department... :picard-sith:

Although, Lt. Commander is a bit of a mouthfull to say, maybe people just shortened it when they talked to him. :laugh:

I've never noticed this so i guess im gonna watch them again to have a look.

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

:blink:

Maybe the first voyager movie should be Star Trek 11: Race to Fix Continuity!!! :blink:

The first Voyager movie ? I wish..I'm afraid we're going to have to live with these minor continuity and costume errors..

Well if you look closely at "All Good Things" you'll see that the early Data is wearing Lieutenant pips even though Riker clearly called him Lieutenant Commander in "Encounter at Farpoint".

I think this was done to give Yar a more meaningful role in All Good Things, but still...

I have noticed that with Data. But I always thought it was because the hollow pip was hard to see.

I also noticed the Tuvok rank issue.

Well the Data goof is not huge as that is an alternate past. Could have been a subtle hint to Picard that this wasn't the same timeline.

The Tuvok one is a goof but I believe it stems from the fact that he was always supposed to be a lieutenant but it didn't seem right to put him on par with Paris. So they bumped him up to Lieutenant Commander before realizing that he was a Lieutenant in the credits. Then he was bumped back down. I suppose it could be rationalized by saying he was demoted because of his actions in Prime Factors (VGR).

or it could have been a costuming department mistake............

If so then why didnt the people on the set relise, they should check things like this.