Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

NEARLY ELECTROCUTED?

I'm not talking, 'THE GREEN MILE' thing, that was obscene. I grabbed the base of a brass lamp, my hand was wet, just not paying attention. I did the ZZZZZZTTTZZZZZZZTTTT :laugh: THING. Had to pull my arm away with my other hand and walk backwards or I couldn't get free. This only happened once, I'm very AWARE now not to do THAT again. It's very incapacitating when the electricity has you like that.

Edited by Jeanway

I've had something like that..

When I was a kid I accidentally stuck my finger in a plug and got a little shock but not much..

Guest Ktrek

When I was a kid one my jobs was to do the dishes. We didn't have a dishwasher back in tose days. Anyway, the cord from the base of the mixer had not been unplugged from the wall and fell into the dishwater, unbeknownst to me. Needless to say I was quite "shocked" (pun intended) when I stuck my hand in the water. Lucky for me I hadn't stuck both hands in or it might have killed me. :roflmao:

Ktrek

When I was a kid one my jobs was to do the dishes. We didn't have a dishwasher back in tose days. Anyway, the cord from the base of the mixer had not been unplugged from the wall and fell into the dishwater, unbeknownst to me. Needless to say I was quite "shocked" (pun intended) when I stuck my hand in the water. Lucky for me I hadn't stuck both hands in or it might have killed me.  :)

Ktrek

Well I am very glad that survived from that expense!

My family didn't have dishwasher as well. But my father said that he did not need one since there was four dishwashers (four children) living in the house. :roflmao:

Yes, my first year on board a ship. I was walking through a passway when small volt hit me. I went pass one of electric panels and it was open. I don't know how it happen.

Edited by Odie

When I was a kid, my mother had a very old canister vacuum cleaner. As time passed, the electrical cord became so frayed that the plug nearly fell off. My father, thinking he could save some money (I, too am one of four children) decided to fix it himself since he once was an electrician's assistant when he was in high school. Apparently, he didn't pay much attention to his high school job because he did a very poor repair. I found that out when it was my turn to do the vacuuming. I plugged the cord into the outlet and *zap* was greeted by a flash of light and wound up on the other side of the room! The outlet I had attempted to use was completely black! Thank god I was thrown away from the outlet or I wouldn't be here to type this right now! My mother ran in to the room, saw what had happened, and the next day we had a brand new vacuum cleaner!

This happened at my last job. I was reaching inside of an injection molding press to reset the breaker and my stupid butt forgot to kill the power and I touched a live wire and ZZZAAAAPPPP! Threw me about ten feet. :roflmao: Everyone just stood there laughing at me. I laugh about it now but at the time it hurt like sob.

I get shocks all the time, from the computer, the sockets, my home made tazer....

Yea :) My Phaser has been shooting backwards the last few days, what's up with that, anyway? Knocked me on my A** a couple times :) :roflmao:

Got a good shock through my tripod once photographing a lightning storm.

I was just talking about this in my log before I read this thread. Weird :roflmao:

Got a good shock through my tripod once photographing a lightning storm. 

I was just talking about this in my log before I read this thread. Weird  :roflmao:

I thought that exact same thing! When in the portal it said "NEARLY ELECTROCUTED? by RikerChick, I thought she started it about the time in her log.

But I've never been electrecuted.

I used to work in this dumpy factory and I guess the machines weren't grounded. I'd occasionally get a little shock, but after someone had to go to the hospital, I walked right out and never looked back.

A different job I had, I was using this big nasty grease filter machine and it turned out the cord was frayed. Bad surprise!

You know how they say not to take the covers off certain types of electronics because you can get shocked? There was a tape stuck in my VCR... took the cover off and ZZZZAP! Darn thing was unplugged but I guess there was some residual electricity cause it got me pretty good.

I'm very accident-prone. :roflmao:

NEARLY ELECTROCUTED?, WHAT HAPPENED?

Apparently that lamp has a short or is not properly grounded, if I were you I'd unplug until it could be checked and if necessary re-wired or throw it away and buy a new one.

Apparently, holding your hand under running water while trying to change the station on the radio is NOT a good idea. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :)

when i was a kid my mum was looking right at me and smiling as i stuck a key in a plug just to see what would happen... though she wouldnt tell me why it zapped me so i got all interested in electronics and took a few things apart.. it took me acouple times to figure out i had to unplug those things befor i took them apart too hehe you know i bet thats why im so wacked up today :)

when i was a kid my mum was looking right at me and smiling as i stuck a key in a plug just to see what would happen... though she wouldnt tell me why it zapped me so i got all interested in electronics and took a few things apart.. it took me acouple times to figure out i had to unplug those things befor i took them apart too hehe you know i bet thats why im so wacked up today :)

Oh, Ro, your not wacked up at all, your just 'SPECIAL', just like the rest of us in here B) :)

I grew up on a corner of my grandfather's family farm, complete with electrified barbed wire. When kids, we used to hold green stems (undried hay, usually) on the wire to get shocked when the pulse went through. Not thrown across the field ever, of course. Been shocked by other things, read or seen other incidents of people being badly shocked (Bobby Flay on Iron Chef, Ace Frehley of KISS), and can't imagine how it must feel - and don't want it ever to happen to me!

On todays news

:lol:

How about the husband in Texas that is accused of trying to electrocute his wife. She comes home from work to a nice "surprise". Her husband had a romantic card with "I love you" stuff on it, in the bathroom the candles were lit, a hot bubble bath waiting, and of course the soft music on the radio just at the edge of the tub. Her eyes were closed but yet she felt the radio slipping off the little table next to the tub. She pushed it away just in time! "Ya, I love you too hunny! :lol:

Apparently, holding your hand under running water while trying to change the station on the radio is NOT a good idea. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :lol:

Having wet hands wouldn't matter if the appliance is properly grounded. I thought it was a brass lamp? :lol:

well, I didn't get electrocuted, but my family has had two interesting incidents with electricity. The first happened when my mom put a Capri-Sun pouch in the microwave and two blue bolts of electricity struck it. The second happened with the iron, it was sitting, plugged in waiting to warm up, when the cord going into the iron started sparking. twas very interesting

well, I didn't get electrocuted, but my family has had two interesting incidents with electricity.  The first happened when my mom put a Capri-Sun pouch in the microwave and two blue bolts of electricity struck it.  The second happened with the iron, it was sitting, plugged in waiting to warm up, when the cord going into the iron started sparking.  twas very interesting

Yeah, this reminds me of a personal incident, never but anything metallic in the microwave. Unless your bored and looking for a light show. :lol: