Who here is Christian?

Are you a born-again Christian?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a born-again Christian?

• yes
    • no
    • not sure
    • What's a born-again Christian?

Haven't been to church in ages, but I am a Christian. To be honest, not always the best one. I love pretty women. I can drink a little when I'm out with my buddies. I've been known to let fly a few colorful words from time to time. I suspect a whole lot of folks will be in line ahead of me at the pearly gates.

Well Kor and I aren't the of the same faith but I'm also Christian but not born again. The Bible has been interpreted countless different ways. Who has it "right" or "wrong" is up to God to decide not humans. Worship God in the way you believe is correct and let others do the same.

I'm not going to argue religion with you, and if I were, this isn't the place for it. We disagree on the subject, so be it.

Ok but, I was just trying to understand why we, being Christians, don't take Christs word for it.

"Unless you be born again you cannot enter the Kingdom of God" seems pretty straightforward to me.

Ah, but what does being "born again" mean in context of that scripture?

I too am a Christian, of a different denomination than both Kor and RikerChick and I too am not a "born again" Christian. My understanding of that term is that it applies to a movement within Christianity - mostly Evangelical - that associate being "born again" with an specific instance where one has become "saved."

Since the scripture AE quoted goes on to say a man must be born of "water and of the spirit" then being "born again" may mean baptism which is how many other Christian faiths interpret it.

I personally felt the title of this thread was misleading - it asks who is a Christian but the poll asks if you're a born again Christian - not the same thing.

I always thought of "born again" as applying to a person who has lost his faith and hit rock bottom and then found his faith again. That was always my interpretation of it. As for the scripture quoted by Alterego, I always thought that referred to baptism.

My interpretation of 'born again' as it is being applied here means someone that sheds off their former life of depravity and comes out of the darkness of sin to walk in the light of salvation - in effect to become a new person by means of leaving behind and letting go of the bad and evil that weighed you down. So, to be born again is a way of coming back from the edge of spiritual death to be saved and live life anew. This is how many of my fellow Baptists also view being 'born again'. <_<

It's the result of our Karma at the end of our life, our body ceases but our mind continues, life after life. If it is bad Karma you could rebirth into an Animal or Hell Realm, or vice versa, if good, a Human or God etc.

I believe in Samsara.

Hence "quitting" your life will just add more suffering in the next life, we cannot escape.

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

Hell (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) no I ain't no God damned Christian. What a stupid question!

Man this is most shocking! Not the part you are not Christian, the part you can not say a bad word. LOL