Who here is Christian?

Are you a born-again Christian?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a born-again Christian?

• yes
    • no
    • not sure
    • What's a born-again Christian?

I am also not sure of your definition of a born again christian!....Could someone explain it please?

Transcendentalist here :clap: Empasises the spirituality of life and that we are all of the spiritual realm. Before and after our time here on earth, we are eternal. :huh: Just in a different form. So there must be angels, according to what I believe. They may be the spirits of those who haven't as yet lived here on Earth as corporial beings and those who have. We are all on the same road :huh:

I am also not sure of your definition of a born again christian!....Could someone explain it please?

My definition was always some who died to sin and was born again in Christ, never to die. Of course, the physical body dies, but the spirit goes to heaven.

Sv and scaleman

There are certain markets that cater towards kosher foods..it depends on your area..I recomend looking up sites on the internet about how to make unkosher food kosher (I'll Pm you them if icome across them)

Nope - I'm Pagan since the early 70's, but I had a great education at a Catholic high school.

I really dont know anymore. I was raised as a Methodist but I really dont practice it much anymore. I'm extremely disilluisoned right now. I believe he (god) exists but that's about it.

I will never go to heaven nor do I want to.

Why don't you want to go to heaven??? I think that anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as our savior will go to heaven...

BTW, I am a Presbyterian Christian...

Are there any Catholics? :eek:

Yes i am <_<

Thanks for answering my question! :nono::eek:

I will never go to heaven nor do I want to.

Why don't you want to go to heaven??? I think that anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as our savior will go to heaven...

BTW, I am a Presbyterian Christian...

I'll PM you (after I get back from dinner), no reason to take this thread off topic. I'd be happy to explain that to anyone who's curious, just PM me.

I consider myself a christian, though I do take to heart this line (I got it from AE's post in Risan Humor, or at least, the essence of it comes from there).

going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Early Christians didn't have Churches. worshiping in your own home is how Christianity had it's beginnings, and is how I practice. in my estimations, I am no less Christian than the next person.

I consider myself a christian, though I do take to heart this line (I got it from AE's post in Risan Humor, or at least, the essence of it comes from there).

going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Early Christians didn't have Churches. worshiping in your own home is how Christianity had it's beginnings, and is how I practice. in my estimations, I am no less Christian than the next person.

Good point jim, that's pretty much what i believe myself, i doubt my dad will get it though :(.

Yes, born-again, full gospel baptist / pentecostal.

This is fine as long as you are not isloating yourself. Early Christians didn't have churches, but they did gather together...they did not stay apart from other Christians. The apostle Paul warns believers to not fail to assemble themselves together. Christian fellowship is an important part of the practice of the Christian faith.

There are not "rules" as to how often, how many, and so forth.

Are there any Catholics?  :)

191670[/snapback]

Yep, I'm Roman Catholic too! :)

Yes, I am a born again, non-denominational Christian...However, I am not as 'spiritual' as I once was...

I am a born again Christian.

As said by Jesus in John Chapter 3 verse 3. "Most assuredly I say to you unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God."

As said by John. Mark 1 verse 8 "I indeed baptized you with water but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

As said by Jesus. Mark 16 verse 16 " He who believes and is baptized will be saved, but he who does not believe will be condemned."

Are there any Catholics?  :)

191670[/snapback]

My husband used to be but now he's Methodist like me.

I've found that most Catholics I know personally are pretty indifferent to religion if they're practicing at all. Certainly the folks my husband went to parochial school with have just about all given up Catholicism.

My husband says that generally the Methodist service is close enough for jazz and I found Catholicism to be way too different than how I was raised.

I am a born again, spirit filled, bible believing, washed by the blood Christian.

Jesus has saved me both spiritualy and physically and without a doubt, I belong to Him. :)

Are there any Catholics?   :)

191670[/snapback]

My husband used to be but now he's Methodist like me.

I've found that most Catholics I know personally are pretty indifferent to religion if they're practicing at all. Certainly the folks my husband went to parochial school with have just about all given up Catholicism.

My husband says that generally the Methodist service is close enough for jazz and I found Catholicism to be way too different than how I was raised.

265982[/snapback]

I only ask if there other Catholics out is stf. I didn't think I would get negative comments on Catholics. My religion means a great deal to me. What do you find different in Catholicism?