43 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the Best Engineer?

• Scotty
    • Geordi
    • Belanna
    • Miles
    • Trip
    • Someone else

I don't know if this has been done before so here goes nuthin'. Who's the best engineer in your're opinion? I vote for Scotty, he wasn't called the miracle worker for kicks, even if he couldn't work a mouse.

Montgomery"Scotty" Scott is the beat Engineer. Scotty is #1. He did work miracles during his time.

Geordi LaForge is good at what he does. Miles O'Brien does good work aboard Deep Space Nine. You would have to have some finesse to work with Cardassian computers and components.

B'Elanna Torres is good at what she does as well but sometimes her temper can cause her to make errors but B'Elanna does get the job done.

Charles "Trip" Tucker III is an excellent Engineer for his time. He reminds me of Scotty in the way he cares for his Engines aboard the NX-01.

:flex: Geordi! :)

I've always liked him so he got my vote. It's another one of those cases where I can't quite articulate why I like someone. There's just something about Geordi I've always liked. I also find him to an excellent engineer who puts alot of himself into his work. He must be doing something right if he has the highest power conversion levels in the fleet.

Of course, I like all of the engineers.

I voted for Scotty he could fix any problem and always got it done in half the time he estimated. :flex:

As much as I like Geordi LaForge, I have to go with Scotty here.

He always saved the day :flex:

Well Scotty, of course comes to mind - I think he was most highly featured for his engineering ability. But then I thought, Trip worked on the development of the First warp engine and construction of the first starship warp engine. He must have been the best engineer of his day -well, Archer wouldn't have selected him if he wasn't.

aye miles = o'brien on the poll choices.. they are mighty fine choices at that but ill have to go with scotty

Oh. I never knew his first name :clap:

Belanna is the best, because she had no support from Starfleet.

Edited by Odie

I'm gonna have to go with B'Elanna Torres because I feel she worked more miracles than Scott or LaForge. All of these people had drydocks and ports they could visit regularly for overhauls. However, B'Elanna only had what little she could cobble together from Voyager and the Maquis vessel she was from. She kept Voyager going for 7 whole years without any major overhauls or assistance from Starfleet. More of a miracle, in my opinion =P

I voted for Miles because he had to deal with the Defiant AND the station which had the mixture of Federation, Bajoran and Cardassian technology...He always got things done earlier than scheduled as well...Yet, he still had time to go play with Bashir in the holosuites and spend time with his family...He was the MAN.

Oh come on people, sure Miles had to work with all the different types of technology together, but his solution when the transporter wouldn't work was to kick it! :blink:

Scotty gets my vote! :blink: