Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Have you ever had hacker problems?

Guest Ktrek

I had my work PC hacked into over spring break. They planted a Trojan virus on my PC that took me almost a half a day to clean up. I am always looking for more ways to improve security.

I have to tell you however, that I had recently uninstalled my personal firewall on my PC because our network adminsitrator said I did not need it. I feel that had I left it on I would not have been hacked into. So, I have reinstalled the firewall and to heck with the administrator!

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek

I work at a major nuclear physics laboratory, and somehow, somebody managed to

turn one of our gas-handling computers into a movie download server. We found

out about it when guys in dark suits and sunglasses from the FBI came into the

building and told us to turn off the computer or go to jail. We essentially rebuilt the computer. We're not sure how it was caused, but possibly it was an inside job.

Given that nobody got arrested, and the problem got cleaned up pretty quickly, we did have a good laugh about it.

Yeah, but once they caught me I stopped doing it...  :D  :D

YOU were a hacker??? :roflmao::theforce: :unsure: :( B) :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Bad VBG, Bad VBG!!!

Yeah, but once they caught me I stopped doing it...  :theforce:  :unsure:

lol, did you get payed to do suff or was it just you having fun?

LOL I was just teasing, I was never a hacker.  :D  :roflmao:

Oh... I see. LOL!!!

I knew that... Heh heh...

:theforce:

:D

:unsure:

:(

B)

:roflmao:

Stardate:214284.9

Well I have never had hacker PROBLEMS per say...

I had this guy hack Linuix once but it was for a good purpose.We at the Linux community thrive on other members eho hack the operating system and make improvments.We have the source code at hand so hacking is generally a good thing.As Picard once said "We thrive to better ourselves."

But with some many Linux diastrubutions it is very very hard for a hacker to do bad hacking. :wacko:

I also had someone hack into my email a few years ago - they used it to spam people. Luckily, AOL noticed what was going on and shut down my email - I was a little ticked at them, but calmed right down when they told me what happened. Since then (even though I don't use AOL anymore), I haven't had a problem.

Well everybody has been hacked sometime... If anybody des not have spybot search and destroy or Adware 6 download it and get rid of the stupid spyware that slows down computers

A friend downloaded a password hack and got into my email. It was all a joke tho. No harm done. Also another of my friends figured out how to remotely shut down computers at school. It was hillarious to see other students go insane when their computer kept restarting!!!

Also what do you do about spyware because I have had a lot of trouble with that!

Edited by thinkoutofthebox

go to www.lavasoftusa.com and go to adware. There will be a list of sites to download the program. When this occurs, go to download.com or cnet and download it. Install it and scan your computer. Al the boxes will be checked. say delete. After that repeat the scanning every other day to every 2 weeks.

Yeah but thinkoutofthebox you gotta be careful about deleting spywear that has attached itself to critical PC Operations Files, it can lead to costly bills (our total bill to repair was $495.00) and loss of online time (about a week in our case.) BE CAREFUL!