Sign in to follow this  
removed

Star Trek XI storylines

Seems that the votes are in favour for a Star Trek XI in the poll i made recentely.

Here's a place to put your storylines.

My ideal story:

At the beginning, the entire TNG crew is summoned together because Picard is ill and is dying. Before he dies, Picard hands down the Enterprise to Riker, who accepts for his beloved captain. On their way home, the crew responds to a distress call and is ambushed by the Borg. The Borg tell them that they can bring Picard back to life by re-attaching his Borg implants. Riker must make a moral difficult moral decision whether or not to save the captain or not. The rest writes itself with emotional turmoil, and Borg battles. Yay! :D

OR, if not Borg, have the enemies as Romulans and work in the Nemesis peace talks story line somehow. We need continuity.

My storyline for Star Trek XI would be a DS9 story (Of course). With the Dominion war now over and exploration is the order of the day we have the whole Gamma Quadrant to explore. DS9 is a "port" of sorts on this side of the Wormhole and is the final stopping point for many ships on their way through to the Gamma Quadrant. It seems logical to me that there be a similar "port" on the Gamma side. So Starfleet builds (or starts building) DS10 on the Gamma side, partially as a foothold in the Gamma Quadrant from which to keep an eye on the Dominion and partly as an extended base of operation for exploration. The soon to be installed commander of DS10 could be someone like Commander Chakotay (Sisko was a Commander when he took over DS9).

The Story would be centered on the DS9 crew with maybe (and this is a big maybe) a couple of Voyager crew members added in and slated to be stationed on DS10 (I say DS10 but I don't know if a DS10 already exists or not).

What would the "plot" be? I'm not completely sure, it could be that the Jem'Hadar are not entirely happy with the peace treaty and are in a rebellion against the Founders. With the Founders in danger of being killed by the Jem'Hadar Odo comes to DS9 to ask for the Federations assistance in quelling the rebellion. When the Federation and Klingons come to the rescue of the Founders they come to understand that the Solids are truly not their enemy and this will lead to the possibility to a more friendly relationship with them as has happened with the Klingons and is starting to come to fruition with the Romulans.

Sisko would of course return from his time with the Prophets and have a "mission" that he needs to begin and will step back into his command of DS9.

This would, of course open up the world of DS9 to the realm of movies and all of the possibilities that that entails. Can you imagine Odo shape shifting on the big screen with today's technology? Can you see the station and how it would look on a big screen? What would "DS10" look like since it's Federation, or would it be a joint effort with the Klingons and Romulans?

Sorry to say it but imo, all other Trek series really have nothing more to offer in ways of moving the big picture forward, nothing more seems to be "at stake" except the outcome of the TCW.

"What happens to so and so" is not good reason to make a film and that is really all that's left with most of those latter series characters.

Any stories left to tell with previous Trek series are better left to be told in novels. Besides, too many veteran Trek actors have become too bloated and full of themselves to continue to work for the good of the series.

I want the next two or three films to be about ENT. Plots? Too many to choose from!

Any stories left to tell with previous Trek series are better left to be told in novels.

If that is really to be the case then I fear for the future of the Franchise. Banishing all of the as yet untold stories to novels will leave millions of Trek fans out in the cold.

I think it would be a shame to see TPTB abandon the characters that made Star Trek what it is.

I'd like to see the alien slugs from "Conspiracy" make a return.Sort of Star Trek meets Invasion of the Body Snatchers,with Riker and the USS Titan as the central figures (Titan crew,mixed cast TNG/DS9/Voyager).

Either that,or a movie featuring the Tholians as the bad guys.

Sure, another TNG movie would be cool, so would a DS9 or VOY movie. But it would be cool, and not a worthy choice. The characters have been tied off.

Janeway is an admiral with a desk.

B'elanna, Seven and Chakotay aren't Starfleet.

Neelix is on some asteroid.

Kes is gone.

Riker has his own command.

Beverly is at Starfleet Medical HQ.

Data is dead.

Worf has been around via excuses for too long.

Sisko is one with the Profits.

Odo is in the great link.

O'Brien is at Starfleet Academy.

Frankly, that is just a short list of the problems facing a new movie with these crews. Voyager and Deep Space Nine had a set of circumstances that made a movie unlikely. TNG was perfect for movies but it reached the end of that.

Enterprise, because it mirrors TNG in the fact that it is a ship exploring space and is not on a mission to get home, has the best chance of becoming the next movie, especially considering that even if Enterprise runs for 7 years, it would be till 3 years after that, that the Federation is founded. The founding of the Federation could make an excellent movie. I'm not going to go into plot details because my thoughts on such a plot are insignificant. So long as it is original in premise and isn't a rip off from another movie or episode such as another Borg movie. It has already been done. Thats not to say it wouldn't be fun and interesting, but it has to be it's own original entry in the movies of Trek. Not a clone.

Any stories left to tell with previous Trek series are better left to be told in novels.

If that is really to be the case then I fear for the future of the Franchise. Banishing all of the as yet untold stories to novels will leave millions of Trek fans out in the cold.

I think it would be a shame to see TPTB abandon the characters that made Star Trek what it is.

For me, Kirk Spock and the rest of TOS gang only still exist within novels, I've accepted that as a fact. I'm not saying it's better that way it's just the way things have become for TOS and sooner or later the only way other characters will live on is in the same way.

I'd be all for a TG or DS9 or VOY or a mixed cast film (<best bet) if it is truly movie material, films about "what happened next to so and so" seems to be the weakest material they could use to base a film on.

:laugh: Any plot that would come about would end up feeling some what forced, unless their was an actual threat or reason for the cast to join up again

Deep Space 9 might be good with Sisko some how being released from the worm hole. Hell the entire attention of the Quadrent would be focused there, so it would provide a valid reason for those who departed to return. Odo would still be a challenge but they could find a way.

Voyager would be a major problem. With four major cast members not even in Star Fleet, much less on the same ship. It would have to be Janeway, pulling rank with who ever is in charge of the Voyager (and do that when she could take a galaxy class ship?), followed by a massive reuturn of departed characters. Oiy Ve! :angry:

Sure, another TNG movie would be cool, so would a DS9 or VOY movie.  But it would be cool, and not a worthy choice.  The characters have been tied off. 

Kes is gone.

Data is dead.

Frankly, that is just a short list of the problems facing a new movie with these crews.  Voyager and Deep Space Nine had a set of circumstances that made a movie unlikely.  TNG was perfect for movies but it reached the end of that.

Enterprise, because it mirrors TNG in the fact that it is a ship exploring space and is not on a mission to get home, has the best chance of becoming the next movie, especially considering that even if Enterprise runs for 7 years, it would be till 3 years after that, that the Federation is founded.  The founding of the Federation could make an excellent movie.  I'm not going to go into plot details because my thoughts on such a plot are insignificant.  So long as it is original in premise and isn't a rip off from another movie or episode such as another Borg movie.  It has already been done.  Thats not to say it wouldn't be fun and interesting, but it has to be it's own original entry in the movies of Trek.  Not a clone.

Well, lets see if we can untie some of the knots.

Kirk was an Admiral and I'm sure he had a desk.

Dr. Carol Marcus in ST II wasn't Starfleet.

Dr. David Marcus in ST III wasn't Starfleet.

Dr. Gillian Taylor in ST IV wasn't Starfleet.

Sybok in ST V wasn't Starfleet.

Guinan in Generations isn't Starfleet.

Lily Sloane and Zefram Cochrane in ST FC aren't Starfleet.

Anij in ST Insurrection isn't Starfleet.

(I only picked "good guys" here and I never considered Sybok a "bad guy")

There could be a story that "could" bring him back but I don't think anyone wants to see that.

Kes is gone.

She would be unneeded in a movie and likely unwanted by many many fans.

So did Spock in ST II and Sulu in ST VI.

Worf was a Federation ambassador when ST X came out but he was still in the movie.

Data is dead.

Spock was dead.

He's a classic character and given the right story he could "steal the show".

It was implied that he would be with the Prophets for only a short time, perfect for a movie.

He wasn't banished there, he can come back.

He was at Starfleet Academy in June 1999 (current day Earth time). That's now 4 years ago, who says he's still there? He may have retired or moved on to another assignment.

Imagination.

For me' date=' Kirk Spock and the rest of TOS gang only still exist within novels, I've accepted that as a fact. I'm not saying it's better that way it's just the way things have become for TOS and sooner or later the only way other characters will live on is in the same way.

I'd be all for a TG or DS9 or VOY or a mixed cast film (<best bet) if it is truly movie material, films about "what happened next to so and so" seems to be the weakest material they could use to base a film on. [/quote']

I don't read the Novels, I've read a couple but that was years ago. The stories may be good but they aren't "official". So if the "Big/Little" screen versions are dead then a lot of us are left in the cold.

Like I said in my post, for all of those things to happen not only would it feel pretty forced, but you'd spend atleast a third of the movie getting the crew back together, and most of the non-trekkers watching the movie would be confused as hell. I have always liked the idea of a mixed cast. I like the idea of Sisko being sent back.

Sure, another TNG movie would be cool, so would a DS9 or VOY movie.  But it would be cool, and not a worthy choice.  The characters have been tied off.

I think TNG has run it's coarse and that a DS9, VOY, mixed cast, or new cast should be up next, preverrably a VOY movie. Also, none of the characters are tied off except for good.

So was Kirk.

Chakotay was Starfleet and he can be again, B'Elanna might have been given a Starfleet rank, and Seven's had time to go through the acadamy. Besides, why can't a Starfleet ship have a civilian scientist on board?

Yes, unless we have an epic "save the Ocompans" story or some adventure where Voyager goes to the Delta Quadrant, then I doubt he'll be back unless Starfleet ships can travel that far now.

Kes is gone.

She evolved and was able to fling Voyager 10 years closer to Earth. She can travel through time with a warp core for goodness sakes! She could deffinately return. Neelix was a good TV character, but I think Kes would work far better for a movie.

So did Sulu in the 6th movie.

When did this happen?

Data is dead.

Like VBG said, so was Spock.

Huh? He only had an "excuse" in the 9th movie. He was a series regular on TNG, an Enterprise officer in "Generations", a regular on DS9, a Defiant survivor in "First Contact", and was an Enterprise officer again in "Nemesis". "Insurrection" was the only time he "happened" to be on the Enterprise, and I found it to be quite humerrous as it was intended.

He told Kassidy he'd return.

So? He can return whenever he wants.

He can get bored with the job and return to DS9, nothing hard here.

Frankly, that is just a short list of the problems facing a new movie with these crews.  Voyager and Deep Space Nine had a set of circumstances that made a movie unlikely.  TNG was perfect for movies but it reached the end of that.

You forget that DS9 had a cliffhanger finale, just begging for a movie or mini-series to be made. As for Voyager, they made it back to Earth, but they purposely didn't reveal the fate of the crew, in my opinion, becuase they wanted to use some of the characters in the next movie and want their options to be open.

Enterprise, because it mirrors TNG in the fact that it is a ship exploring space and is not on a mission to get home, has the best chance of becoming the next movie, especially considering that even if Enterprise runs for 7 years, it would be till 3 years after that, that the Federation is founded.  The founding of the Federation could make an excellent movie.  I'm not going to go into plot details because my thoughts on such a plot are insignificant.  So long as it is original in premise and isn't a rip off from another movie or episode such as another Borg movie.  It has already been done.  Thats not to say it wouldn't be fun and interesting, but it has to be it's own original entry in the movies of Trek.  Not a clone.

ENT mirror TNG? Just becuase both shows are abot a ship explorring space, doesn't mean they mirror each other. ENT feels nothing like TNG. In any event, I do think ENT should get a movie, but not before VOY gets at least one movie. Also, what's wrong with continuing existing stories? That's not a rip-off, but "building" on existing stories. Heck, look what "First Contact" did with the Borg! I truelly think VOY "Endgame" totally set up the premise for a 2nd Borg movie.