Sign in to follow this  
Star6

Ideas for a new movie

I personally would like to see one with a new crew or one that has characters from different series. Another one I would like to see is a movie all about the klingons or the origins of the borg or maybe base one of the Elite force video games and do one with the hazard teams. Or maybe one with riker and the titan.

Let John Logan write another script and keep Stuart Baird the heck away from it. I say let Frakes direct another TNG movie. Baird destroyed a fine script by Logan by cutting out most of the character moments that define Star Trek.

I know I sound like a broken record when it comes to Baird but I think things would have been better with a different director.

Emm, maybe trash nemesis and go rewrite it? I've started thinking nemesis shoulda involved an alternate mirror universe, where the "evil" tng crew never lost the Ent-D and they had it refitted to dreadnaught status, and they just used the romulans to promote their own means. But, since that probably won't happen it might at the very least revive trek-dom by a fair amount :P . Just an idea i've been tossing around in my head.

I'd like to see more of a character-driven movie rather than another action movie like Nemesis. I'm thinking of something along the lines of Data's body being recovered and Geordi having to deal deal with the moral dilemmas involved in reassembling his best friend.

But I'd like it if they got away from the big action fight sequences and get back to the true heart of Trek.

But really, what do I know? :roflmao:

I'd like to see more of a character-driven movie rather than another action movie like Nemesis.

I liked NEM, but I agree, #11 needs to be less action and more character/story.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of Data's body being recovered and Geordi having to deal deal with the moral dilemmas involved in reassembling his best friend.

There's nothing to recover, Data was incinerated. He's just floating subatomic particles.

But I'd like it if they got away from the big action fight sequences and get back to the true heart of Trek.

Agreed! :roflmao: (I do like big action sequences, but I got plenty from NEM.)

There's nothing to recover, Data was incinerated. He's just floating subatomic particles.

You have a point. :lol:

Interesting thing, ST4 was the highest grossing of all the Trek movies and the only time a phaser was fired was when Kirk locked the doctors up so they could rescue Checkov.

Nemesis would have been a much stronger movie had they focused more on Picard's dilemma of dealing with his clone and less on the Star Wars action sequences.

It would be nice to see something where a character wrestles with a big dilemma for the entire film and you can just see their anguish.

If Data is brouhg back in some fashion, I believe that it should involve a struggle between bringing Data back or keeping B4 around. I suggested the idea that Lore some how be reactivated and it would be hsi personal quest to re-unite with his brother, and by some means would imprint Data's original programming on B4, delelte B4's main memory bank and upload Data's which is store inside of B4.

Something along those lines. But I will say this now. If the people in charge screw it up again, they wouldn't deserve another chance.

WE NEED A BIGGER, BADDER VILLIAN BUT PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE STAY WITH THE ''TREK'' THEME !

I personally would like to see one with a new crew or one that has characters from different series.

I'd prefer the next movie to be based on either DS9, VOY, or ENT since DS9 & VOY ended only a few years ago and since ENT is a current show. However, I'd be willing to watch a movie featuring a mix of TNG/DS9/VOY characters.

Another one I would like to see is a movie all about the klingons or the origins of the borg or maybe base one of the Elite force video games and do one with the hazard teams.

This would fall under the category of a "new cast" movie. I'm not sure I like the idea of that. If you're going to turn a TV show into a movie, at lease use the characters from the show. <_<

Or maybe one with riker and the titan.

I'd see that without a doubt! <_<

Guest Mike_Hines01

I think that the Bring Back Kirk trailer 2 had the makings for a good movie or two. If they made one like that I'd deffinatly go and see it.

I think that the Bring Back Kirk trailer 2 had the makings for a good movie or two.  If they made one like that I'd deffinatly go and see it.

Oh gosh, I laughed when I saw that trailer. They crammed so much into the premise, that there was no room left for the story! <_< Kirk is dead, it's time to move on folks. <_<

I'd LOVE to see a movie with Captain Riker and the Titan!!! I hope the powers-that-be at Paramount consider it.

I'd LOVE to see a movie with Captain Riker and the Titan!!! I hope the powers-that-be at Paramount consider it.

The problem is that if paramount considers it, it's going to suck according to the even odd rule....

We need another Nicholas Meyer direction. His movies are great!!! I've always found it better to have a new series begin and at the end of that series bring in the series movie. It's been done with TOS and TNG. For example, the TOS Movies started after the series ended. TNG started after it ended. You get the point. We're either robably going to have a DS9 or Voyager movie, but DS9 is more plausible as Voyager doesn't have her captain anymore.

Well with the talk of ST XI being an Enterprise film, I'm only left to assume that B&B might be preparing for the worst, incase UPN decides to take the show off the air. That would mean that the entire Romulan War and Foundation of the Federation could be covered in movies, if the fan following was big enough. Which could actually work. No Trek film has ever had a major direct arc, and this could be a great direction to head in. An actual film series maybe a trilogy of sorts (keep in mind that I'm just typing what comes into my head and that it's only contemplation) :laugh:

If tptb wanted to go with a traditional Trek movie structure then ST XI would be more like an introductory film, showing the charcaters, the ship, the culture, and other essentials(comparible to 'The Motion Picture'). Then the meat of the series would come about (The Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock...kinda..., and The Journey Home). Then the series ends with a major event in terms of reaffirming faith in Humanity, the power of good and in the Universe itself (The Undiscovered Country).

An intro could bemaybe another adventure with the TCW. Then the Romulan War, and ending with the Foundation of the Federation.

Trilogies...

I wish...

Too bad that Paramount won't listen to fans....

Have a movie with the Jem'Hedar in it or another villain. One that the crew can't defeat as easily.

Use:

ST:DS9 Crew and some of ST:VOY and a few from ST:TNG.

or

Have a character - based movie. Just make sure it has a great plot and not too slow to follow. :clap:

i would set 50 years atfer domionion war and i would created whole starship i would have jem'hadar as wapeon officers and a romulan as frist officer . i would have hirogen as emeny

Edited by amcroja

how about species 8472 that got assimilated by the borg some how take over the collective and begin a all out war agianst all other races. Borg queen leads a faction rebel group, borg queen gets sick and tells the federation how to make a faster than trans warp gate. Meet with nelix and other delta and gamma quadrent speices and than attack species 8472 janeways in it and finds out that speices 8472 found her boy friend and her dad and used them as gentic reshearch bla bla bla bla bla earth gets attacked vulcan becomes a artic planet so on so forth

Here is my broken record. I would love to see somthing with the new frontier books. It does not even have to be a movie a tv movie would make me happy.

OH I LOVE THE NEW FROUNTIER SERIES! They should make a movie based on that. I wonder who would play Captain Calhun. Hopefully it wouldn't be Arnold Swartzenegger LOL

OH I LOVE THE NEW FROUNTIER SERIES! They should make a movie based on that. I wonder who would play Captain Calhun. Hopefully it wouldn't be Arnold Swartzenegger LOL

249531[/snapback]

I think if is new fronteir movie i think Ben Browder of farscape fame should play capatin calhun he is better actor govener Swartzenegger

I would want to see a film with the crew of the Titan, so we could see some new characters, and still have some older more familiar ones in it. And I would love to see the return of the Conspiracy aliens. That could make a really cool movie especially if Nick Meyer was involved again.

I've always wanted to see a movie with Q, and if the TNG cast wants to come back, they should do a good movie with Q, with Frakes directing. If not, there is always the aftermath to the Dominon war, with the DS9 cast. It just better be Moore, Behr, or Echiverra running it other than Berman or Braga. That will be so scary if Braga is doing a DS9 movie.