Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Boothby

Which is your favorite Boothby episode?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Boothby episode?

• The First Duty (TNG)
    • The Fight (VOY)
    • In the Flesh (VOY)

Boothby, the Starfleet Academy groundskeeper. I loved this character. He was portrayed by Ray Walston, a wonderful actor, who was around in the late 50s but really came to fame in the 60s with "My Favorite Martian."

Click for Spoiler:

MyFavoriteMartian.jpg

Sadly, Mr. Walston died on January 1, 2001.

Now to my question. Boothby was actually in only three episodes of Star Trek, although he was mentioned in several others. Of those three, which is your favorite Boothby episode? Do you like or dislike the character and why?

Click for Spoiler:

240x320.jpg240x320.jpg

]

320x240.jpg

Edited by Indy

The First Duty, I loved Jean-Luc and Boothby walking around!

(Boothby to Jean-Luc: "What happened to your hair?" :drool: ).

I really like Boothby. He is probably the most intelligent man at the whole academy :clap:

I liked him in The First Duty best, it was a change to see someone that Picard seemed a little intimidated by, other than children anyway. :drool:

I like the episode of 'In the Flesh' cause it made me appreciate the sport of boxing. I thought it was just a bunch of man meat spackin the 'good for nothings :P ' out of each other, but the way he described it made me understand the sport as a skill and also made me appreciate the character of Chakotay a lot more :(

:laugh: I HAVE TO CHOSE "FIRST DUTY" BECAUSE 'BOOTHBY' HELPED SHOW "PICARDS' MORE MEEKER SIDE & SHOW THAT "WESLEY" MIGHT HAVE FOLLOWED PICARD'S FOOTSTEPS.

Edited by Alterego

I prefer "The Fight." Chakotay was one of my favorite Voyager characters, and I thought the idea of the show was so excellent -- the struggle to communicate. I am glad that the universal translater does not work all the time. So in particular it was hard to know, through Chakotay's babbling, whether the aliens were trying to hurt them or destroy them. Of course in turned out that they were trying to help, and did!

And the episode was still a measure of Boothby's influence that in Chakotay's fantasies and imaginations, he should be his "trainer." So in his mind Boothby represented someone who had taught him a great deal.

Edited by mjham

I liked In the Flesh where he was species 8472....that was a great ep and

even thou he wasn't the real Boothby I enjoyed him in it.... :laugh:

I have only seen him in THE FLESH so i voted for it :wacko: i enjoyed that episode alot :laugh:

I like boothby, I can't wait til I get to be a crockety old man, yelling at those darn kids, GET OFF MY LAWN, DAGNABBIT!. it'll be sweet. :(

of course I voted for "In The Flesh" such a good episode...can't believe so few ppl voted for it :blush: