Sign in to follow this  
Q stole my bike

What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

I haven'teaten anything too odd in a while since I'm a vegetarian, but back when I ate meat I ate some pretty odd things. I think the weirdest of them was jellyfish, it was pretty gross because it was all cold and mushy, it was essentially rubbery pockets of jellyfish juice. I've also had shark fin soup, and I acctually really liked it, it was good and spicy. Other not-so-odd things I've eaten include calamari, which I loved (despite the chewyness) and escargot, which I remember that I liked, but it was years ago so I don't remember how it tasted.

But now, since any meat grosses me out, I wouldn't ever eat any of that! But I really do like seabreeze salad, which I think most people would find odd. It's this type of chewy/stringy sea plant, and it's one of my favorite foods. I just had some today Mmmmmmm....chewy stringy sea plant...

I eat Jellyfish all the time...

It's good in dim sum...

(I'm Chinese)

Shark's fin is great...

calimari is great...

escargot is very delicious,,

The weirdest thing I ever eaten...

Lets see....

one of those ten thousand year old eggs?

It's just a nickname...

They're actually eggs soaked in an alkaline powder and the eggs stay like that for a year until eaten..

Snake soup was great!!!!

I've eaten octupus...

lobster sashimi...

What about Sea cucumber??? It was interesting..

Octopuss, but it has to cooked correctly or else it's too chewy. It needs either to be simmered for a very long time or cooked under pressure. Tastes just like calamari, or squid

Beef tongue.

It tastes pretty good, but the thought of it grosses me out to this day. Just the thought of the thing I'm tasting tasting me back...

I dont think I ate anything too unusual, but I wondered what dog tasted like, am I unusual, because I did hear that in asian countries they do eat that.

I tried to eat a raw oyster once but it changed course on me. :clap:

There's gross (IMO) things that I've tried that aren't necessarily weird

sushi

parsnips

liver and onions

gorganzola cheese

Weird would be tasting my roommates peanut butter and pickle sandwich

or another roommates Tofu Rueben (Tofu in other forms is okay)

and here's for QSMB - don't let anyone try to slip a Tofu cheesecake to you. Yuck, it's better to just not eat anything.

Oh, and I remember when I was a kid -

I had spinach noodles shaped like popeye heads

And there were some protein sticks - supposedly what the astronauts ate

Truly weird is what I get when I start combining leftovers for dinner. :P

Fish.... while it was still alive.

In Japan, the freshest sashimi is brought to the table while the fish is still alive. As an

American, it was unusual for me, but still pretty tasty.

I"ve also eaten raw octopus, jellyfish, sea urchin, and many other sea animals.

Bugs. It was one of those times when all my internal logic mechanisms failed. I had

kept some rice too long, and so there were bugs in it. I cooked it and ate it anyway, instead of throwing it out. It was around thirteeen years ago.....I was an educated adult at the time. I think I called one friend and got her opinion before I ate it, and she pointed out that people all over the world eat insects and it is a good source of protein........We're still friends....

Beef tongue.

It tastes pretty good, but the thought of it grosses me out to this day.  Just the thought of the thing I'm tasting tasting me back...

I've had that before too...

Oh and they eat cats not dogs in certain parts of china (because they cannot afford anything else)

My mom ate it once and said it tasted like duck....

A calculator... :clap:

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

268783[/snapback]

WHAT???? :clap:

268786[/snapback]

I can imagine...

post-480-1096855123.jpg

Sea Trooper please upload your avatar again. I can't see it. VaBeachGuy has posted about this in Off topic today. The topic is called missing avatars. Please check it out. Anyone else who can't see their avatar u should do the same.

I ate a cougar once...

Click For Spoiler
lol, just kidding :clap:

That's pretty much illegal here.

Frog legs. They taste like chicken. And alligator-kabobs. Those were so good... I am almost sorry I am a vegetarian now.

Sweetbreads (Calfs brains)

Rattlesnake

Ostrich

Buffalo

Gazelle

grasshoppers

Calamari

Sharks fin soup

Birds nest soup

Tortilla chip and marshmallow sandwich when I was pregnant with Rachael. :clap: It actually tasted good then. :clap:

I ate some pretty unusual things when I lived in the Amazon, some of which I still don't know what it was. Guinea-pig is a speciality over there. I ate other things that I won't name as I don't want to make you all feel queasy after reading it.

Eating Octopus and also Frogs Legs Caviar was interesting but not too filling Sushi wasn't bad that i tried in college But i still prefer my fish well cooked.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Since moving to Japan I have found many different foods what where weird know it is normal. Like sushi and Octopus. I really like sushi.