Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Do you believe we will see an 11th movie?

Do you believe we will see an 11th movie?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe we will see an 11th movie?

• Yes
    • Yes, but not a 5th TNG movie.
    • No

I voted Yes-But not another TNG as well. I dont think they will make another one but if they do i look foward to it like i would with any other ST film.

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

:o

I would like to see another one, but not for a long time.

Probably, but they'll likely cut the budget, just in case. I don't see Patrick Stewart or Brent Spiner appearing again. I hope they don't try to make one for a while because the last two have been a complete waste of money for me.

No, please god no!!!!

No more Trek movies for at least a few years.

No more TNG movies ever!!!

Nemesis was abysmal and the lowest performing Trek movie ever at the Box Office. Patrick Stewart seems very unlikely to do another movie. A 'Titan' movie may not be a bad idea though. People are all Trekked-out right now. Just let 'Enterprise' run it's course and then give Trek a break for a while, then come back with a post TNG-set TV series.

I do admit, that ENT is slowly improving and is showing signs of promise. All B&B have to do it resist the urge to bring back the gratuitious skin and oil massaging scenes and concentrate on developing the characters and writing compelling intelligent stories, and it may have a chance of actually being worthy of Trek.

Bringing back Ronald Moore, Michael Piller and Ira Behr would also be a wise choice.

:o

I think eventually they will. I have no idea who would be in it though. I wouldn't mind a whole new crew and ship not seen in any of the TV series. Or maybe a Captain Sulu movie. :o

I think they should wait a while before starting production on another movie. The market is far too saturated right now with Trek, and in turn, the franchise is in danger of going belly-up. So give the general public some time away, then boom a new ship, new crew, whatever needs to happen. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, after all

No, please god no!!!!

Why not? :o

No more Trek movies for at least a few years.

It's already been a year and a half...

Why? :P

Nemesis was abysmal and the lowest performing Trek movie ever at the Box Office.

I thought it rocked and that it did bad at the box office due to when they released it.

Patrick Stewart seems very unlikely to do another movie.

Yes, becuase he feels the fans didn't support NEM.

A 'Titan' movie may not be a bad idea though.

A "Titan" movie would rock! :(

People are all Trekked-out right now.

Speak for yourself, I can't get enough! :)

Just let 'Enterprise' run it's course and then give Trek a break for a while, then come back with a post TNG-set TV series.

How long a while? I think after ENT, we should have a 2nd series set in the 22nd century. :o

I do admit, that ENT is slowly improving and is showing signs of promise.

I think the show rocks and is improving a lot.

All B&B have to do it resist the urge to bring back the gratuitious skin and oil massaging scenes and concentrate on developing the characters and writing compelling intelligent stories, and it may have a chance of actually being worthy of Trek.

I think they're already made this smart move, and I think ENT is a worthy Trek show.

Bringing back Ronald Moore, Michael Piller and Ira Behr would also be a wise choice.

That won't happen. Maybe for a movie, but not for another TV show. They've all moved on to new works.

I'm sure we'll see another but lord I hope it's not TNG! I would not want to see the TNG characters in another movie at all. They've run their course. And I agree, not for several years. They didn't do a good job on the last 2 movies IMO and there's just too much trek right now. They need to lay off the movies for a while.

I agree with you RikerChick, but I really liked Nemesis. I may be alone in this but what the hey. :P

You're not alone, a lot of people liked Nemesis. I'm just not one of them. :o Everyone's got different tastes, nothing wrong with that.

I voted yes, but not a TNG movie. Not because I wouldn't like to see another one, but I don't think they'll succeed in getting everybody together again. If it has any of the cast of TNG, it will probably be just 2 or 3 characters in cameo or minor roles.

I voted yes, but not a TNG movie.  Not because I wouldn't like to see another one, but I don't think they'll succeed in getting everybody together again.  If it has any of the cast of TNG, it will probably be just 2 or 3 characters in cameo or minor roles.

I agree with Indy. I would like to see a 5th TNG movie, but I don't think they could get everyone back together, especially since it took 2 years to negociate contracts for #10. Anywho, I think #11 will probably feature Riker & Troi on the Titan as "pass the torch" characters like Kirk, Scotty, and Chekov in #7.

Guest EJP

That would be cool, Captain. or a USS Titan movie

Why not?

In my opinion. Nemesis was weak and tired. It all seemed like one movie too far. First Contact should have been the last TNG movie. Insurrection and Nemesis didn't do very well, and the whole 'TNG movie' idea now seems tired.

It's already been a year and a half...

Good. I think they should wait until they have a good idea and storyline for a movie instead of rushing another one out when the last one failed so badly.

Why?

Patrick Stewart has already stated that he would not do another TNG movie and I feel that after seven seasons and four movies, the TNG cast has now reached it's end. It's time to let TNG rest now.

I thought [Nemesis] rocked and that it did bad at the box office due to when they released it.

They did release it at a bad time, but I also feel that the story wasn't strong enough. The poor box office shows that even hardcore fans gave it a miss and the less hardcore Trek fans also stayed away.

Yes, because [stewart] feels the fans didn't support NEM.

Just because it's called 'Star Trek' doesn't mean that we are obliged to support it. If it is not to a high standard then even true fans will stay away or if it's a TV show, will switch off. Blind faith and loyalty in Trek doesn't help the franchise at all.

A "Titan" movie would rock!

I agree. it would have been nice to actually see the Titan in Nemesis.

Speak for yourself, I can't get enough!

OK. Personally I think it's too much. It's overkill and over-saturation. I'd much rather have less Trek, but to a higher standard, than more Trek with slipping standards.

How long a while? I think after ENT, we should have a 2nd series set in the 22nd century.

I would say around five years would be about right. After ENT I would like to see a show set around 40 years after TNG, on an advanced Starship Enterprise.

I think the show rocks and is improving a lot.

It don't think it 'rocks' just yet, but that's just my opinion, but it is improving. I hope it continues.

I think they're already made this smart move, and I think ENT is a worthy Trek show.

It seems that they have learned to shift the focus away from appealing to the sex-obsessed demographics and try to recapture the more mature viewer, but if they can resist the temptation to lower the show's dignity, then it could be worthy.

That won't happen. Maybe for a movie, but not for another TV show. They've all moved on to new works.

Those guys were driven out of because of Berman's interference and inability to work with them to create a decent show. When Berman left the responsibility of DS9 to those guys, the show became IMO the best Trek show ever. He moved to VOY which IMO is slightly above ENT in terms of being the worst of the Trek shows.

The way things are looking at this time I doubt we will see another Trek movie any time soon. Perhaps not at all. With ENT ratings down and the public interest seemingly shifting to other types on entertaiment (reality TV :wow: ) I dont see it happening. The last movie's box office performance hurt the movie line's chances too.

IMO I think it's time we break away from TNG and introduce some new blood into the Trekiverse.

Afterall "It's a big galaxy, Mister Scott," Uhura - TOS.

I like to see the introduction of TNG characters from other starships in Starfleet such as the Lexington, Excalibur or Sutherland. Where were they during the Dominion/UFP war? Were they in the conflict against the Borg? What were their crew like? I like the return of Shelby or other Trekiverse characters introduced in the Trek series except Enterprise.

If I have my choice, I would bring Piller and Taylor as producers back onboard but leave B&B out of the projects. Trek actors such as Burton, Frakes, McNeil and Dawson had directorial experience. Let them work their magic from behind the scenes.

This maybe too much to ask but that is what I like to see in the next Trek movie.

Edited by digifan

Just because it's called 'Star Trek' doesn't mean that we are obliged to support it. If it is not to a high standard then even true fans will stay away or if it's a TV show, will switch off. Blind faith and loyalty in Trek doesn't help the franchise at all.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I couldn't figure out a way to put that into words, but thats how I feel EXACTLY!

Quality, not Quantity

there has to be an 11th movie! ill even write the scrip and us finger puppets if thats the only way we will get one! maybe a ds9 one would be nice... or maybe voy..

I voted yes, they will make another movie. They are still making so much money on Trek so they won't stop.

I don't think it will be a TNG movie though, at least not with Patrick Stewart, he is a bit too expensive.. They might give it a rest for another year but the 11'th movie will come..

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I couldn't figure out a way to put that into words, but thats how I feel EXACTLY!

Quality, not Quantity

Wow, that's exactly how I feel too. Very well said.

I think the actors from TNG have just about had it and I think though we love the characters, we have had itwith them too. I think this was best seen in the revenue it caught in a non recesionary market. Perhaps world events affected it. We will never actually know.

I would love a voy film or if it gets cancelled and ent film. I think DS9 should be a mini series every few years thing!

I hope that there will be an 11th movie. I believe there will be one, one day. Which series... I really don't know. I would be very happy if it was a TNG one, but I highly doubt that this will happen. A VOY or DS9 movie is fine with me, too. :thumbs:

there has to be an 11th movie! ill even write the scrip and us finger puppets if thats the only way we will get one! maybe a ds9 one would be nice... or maybe voy..

Can I star in your movie? Please? :thumbs: