• T'Pol
    • Reed
    • Mayweather
    • Hoshi
    • Either Archer or Reed equally
    • Either Archer or Tucker equally
    • Either Reed or Tucker equally
    • Other tie

There's been discussion about favorite characters but if you were on an away mission and things were going to get a little dangerous who would you want watching your back. Didn't include Phlox - because he's a doctor and also not a Star Fleet officer

I voted Tucker. He's been in some difficult situations and seems quite capable.

Tucker it is for me. The man redefines trustworthy, though Travis deserves for his pure physical strength alone. Supporting the weight of two men while your own leg is broken isn't the sign of a wussy.

Tucker it is for me.  The man redefines trustworthy, though Travis deserves for his pure physical strength alone.  Supporting the weight of two men while your own leg is broken isn't the sign of a wussy.

hehe no doubt... Travis or Malcolm would be a close second. I wouldn't say Archer because he always seems to get into trouble.

i went with archer or tucker. granted their all like family. but those two seem to be the least likely to EVER leave a man behind. thats the kinda person i want at my back. :D:D

I went with Archer/Tucker tied (ooh err) because, like CptWright just said, they leave no man behind and that is something i really respect. maybe i am being unjustly mean, but i just don't see T'Pol having the same kind of philosophy so i wouldn't want her to be my back up... Plus, T'Pol should really be left on the ship in command when Archer's not there and she does do that very well so she is best of being left there sometimes rather than covering Archer's back otherwise Trippy gets left in command, which seems to stress him out: ''I'll get back to ya!'' springs to mind!! :D lol

Plus, T'Pol should really be left on the ship in command when Archer's not there and she does do that very well so she is best of being left there sometimes rather than covering Archer's back otherwise Trippy gets left in command, which seems to stress him out: ''I'll get back to ya!'' springs to mind!! :D  lol

Oooh, but remember Cease Fire when Trip was left on the bridge, OMG - that was the real Trip...he's so cool I melt.

I voted Archer/Tucker - agreed they don't leave anyone behind and they can both be tricky. There's no question of Reed's and Mayweather's bravery but I am afraid Reed might be too quick to fire weapons and Mayweather doesn't seem experienced enough to be sly like Archer/Tucker can be.

I voted for "Reed" or "Tucker" equally. I did not vote for Archer because he is better suited on board. Give it to him though, that he is better than Reed or Tucker at diplomatic relations. Bring Reed along if you want security on your away mission. Nothing says safety like a drawn phase pistol. If you encounter technical problems along the way, you've got Trip their to fix it. After all, he is an engineer!

Every member of the crew has some advantage/disadvantage to being part of an away mission, I just think these two would be the most effective.

I voted Archer or Tucker.. They have been in dangerous situations before..

Was about to choose Reed, but then he might leave me behind if something happens "sacrifice the few for the many".. He is beginning to grow out of it, but not completely yet, I believe..

I voted other because I would feel comfortable with most of the crew on an away mission. Trip and Malcolm definitely. Travis proved himself in The Breach to be someone I would want there too. I would trust Archer. He is captain for a reason. I don't think I would have a problem with T'Pol or Hoshi either. I'm sure in a pinch Hoshi could be counted on and T'Pol probably has all that great Vulcan self-defense down pat.

It seems Trip is the over all choice so far.

YES IT DOES. he seems to be a good friend to those who are his friends, and a good crew mate to anyone. thats what you need at your back.

I'd say Hoshi. I'd hate for an already bad situation to get worse because the Universal Translator stuffs up, plus Marauders showed she wasnt a slouch with a phase pistol. Next would be T'Pol, as she seems to not only be good with a gun, but also her fists and feet. Pulus she'd also be more respectful and knowledgable of alien customs than the others, which could help.

I voted for Tucker/Archer, but I would have to say that it depends on what the away mission is before making a sound judgement, as all of the crew have their strong points, that would make any of them the first choice for the right mission.

I voted for Tucker/Archer, but I would have to say that it depends on what the away mission is before making a sound judgement, as all of the crew have their strong points, that would make any of them the first choice for the right mission.

Good point.

i voted Tucker 'cos he really would watch your back, plus i wouldn't mind snuggling up to him, purely to preserve body heat of course :tear: , if we were stranded on a cold hostile planet.

I went against the wave here and voted for T'Pol. Despite my hatred of everything Vulcan and how sometimes her character is there just for guys my age to drool, if you look by all that she is a good officer and knows what needs to be done and how to do it, Archer is the captain and should always be on the bridge and Trip...well..he has a habit of jumping before he thinks.

:devil: I voted for T'Pol because she has everything someone needs to survive. I mean come on she is an alien and she obviously knows what she is doing, Trip, Archer Reed, Mongtomery, Hoshi, etc. are just light weights

I voted T'Pol, just in case we get marooned on a deserted planet and have to spend the rest of our lives there repopulating it...... :)

Like Kor, I voted for T'Pol. I would have no problem helping he get through Pon Far, which I would pray would happed during the mission.

I voted T'Pol, just in case we get marooned on a deserted planet and have to spend the rest of our lives there repopulating it...... :)

With T'Pol as your backup it would probably be a short "rest of your life" :)

T'Pol would be my choice.

First she is smart and second I do not have to worry she wants to stick her hand down my shirt.