Sign in to follow this  
~Crims~

Enterprise

Since I missed the entire first season except for bits and pieces of maybe two episodes, what is the current state in the time line. I know that the Federation has not been created yet, but obviously there is a starfleet. Does starfleet have a fleet of ships, or is the Enterprise the only one they got, or one of only a few?

NX-01 ENTERPRISE

From the registry number, you can gather that Enterprise is the first ship. There are 3 more under construction. They've made better relations with the Vulcans which were rocky at the start along with first contact with Klingons, Andorrians, and other popular aliens. We also have the Temporal Cold War.

ENTERPRISE is currently my favorite TV show, so if you got any questions, I'm your man! :D:D

NX-01 ENTERPRISE

From the registry number, you can gather that Enterprise is the first ship.  There are 3 more under construction.  They've made better relations with the Vulcans which were rocky at the start along with first contact with Klingons, Andorrians, and other popular aliens.  We also have the Temporal Cold War.

ENTERPRISE is currently my favorite TV show, so if you got any questions, I'm your man! :D  :D

ah ok, thanks. So I guess earth is kind of screwed if someone decides to start a war with them since they only have one ship, hehe.

Crims - my knowledge is haphazard as well, but one thing that did stand out for me was that there is no Prime Directive yet. T'Pol tries to steer Archer in the correct amount of involvement, but there is nothing set in stone about getting involved with other cultures. I find that aspect of the show very interesting.

At least I know this was true during the first season. Unfortunately I have missed parts of the 2nd season, since I don't get UPN and the Fox station that usually runs it sometimes decides a sporting event is more important. So, Captain, feel free to correct me if I am wrong. :D

NX-01 ENTERPRISE

From the registry number, you can gather that Enterprise is the first ship.  There are 3 more under construction.  They've made better relations with the Vulcans which were rocky at the start along with first contact with Klingons, Andorrians, and other popular aliens.  We also have the Temporal Cold War.

ENTERPRISE is currently my favorite TV show, so if you got any questions, I'm your man! :D  :D

If Enterprise is the first Star Ship does that preclude other smaller ships - like research vessels.

NX-O1 is the first warp 5 starship. they do have other cargo ships, and so on. but nothing starfleet like.

ENTERPRISE is also becoming my favorite show, tied right now with DS9 but i also like the fact theres no prime directive or anything yet, that they do things seat of the pants. i hope that they start doing more like that " consequences be damned" their new to space their supposed to make mistakes.

As has been said there are other ships, just nothing of the "Warp 5" class. This is Starfleet's first mission into "Deep Space". We are seeing the seeds of the Federation and the seeds of what we all know as "Starfleet" being planted now.

Another thing I just thought of, I wonder if we'll ever hear about Col. Stephen Richey of the Explorer ship Carbdis launched in July of 2037. They can't locate the ship because that would conflict with the Trek timeline but they could mention it as a nod to TNG in much the same way Tribbles were mentioned.

For anyone that doesn't remember, Col. Richey was the commander of an Earth ship that vanished only to turn up on TNG in the 2nd season in The Royale.

As has been said there are other ships, just nothing of the "Warp 5" class. This is Starfleet's first mission into "Deep Space". We are seeing the seeds of the Federation and the seeds of what we all know as "Starfleet" being planted now.

Another thing I just thought of, I wonder if we'll ever hear about Col. Stephen Richey of the Explorer ship Carbdis launched in July of 2037. They can't locate the ship because that would conflict with the Trek timeline but they could mention it as a nod to TNG in much the same way Tribbles were mentioned.

For anyone that doesn't remember, Col. Richey was the commander of an Earth ship that vanished only to turn up on TNG in the 2nd season in The Royale.

That would be a really obscure continuity reference to TNG. Even though I've seen that episode about 6 times I don't think I'd pick it up if they made mention of Col. Richey on Enterprise.

As has been said there are other ships, just nothing of the "Warp 5" class.

"Fortunate Son" Quote Admiral Forrest;

"The nearest Starfleet vessel is three weeks away at maximum warp"

That would be a really obscure continuity reference to TNG. Even though I've seen that episode about 6 times I don't think I'd pick it up if they made mention of Col. Richey on Enterprise.

Yeah, it would be a bit of a stretch and would probably be lost on most people but I like things like that. Even if only a few people picked up on it I think it would be cool to see a line or 2 mention it.

I know it won't happen though.

We have had the House of Duras in Enterprise, would anyone be interested in having a reference to Worf's family. I know his Grandfather was in one the TOS movies but what about an ancestor on Enterprise.

In one episode of TNG Picard mentioned that his family was one of the first to settle the Mars colony but I don't know a date. Has Mars been colonized in Enterprise's time. Maybe the Enterprise could be brought back to Earth and stops at the Mars colony and meets Picard's ancestor.

In one episode of TNG Picard mentioned that his family was one of the first to settle the Mars colony but I don't know a date.  Has Mars been colonized in Enterprise's time.  Maybe the Enterprise could be brought back to Earth and stops at the Mars colony and meets Picard's ancestor.

That would be so cool!

I think mars has been colonized.. don't know if that many live there though..

Yes, Starfleet has been formed and there are other ships in the fleet, but they are not Warp 5 capable, and they do not get to go into deep space. We are seeing the seeds of the Federation being formed.

I to think it would be great to see the Picard ancestors. And in one of the other episodes reference is made to the Mars colonies.