Sign in to follow this  
~Crims~

The Borg

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the Borg assimilate technology from other cultures and add it to their own, why have they not decided to assimilate cloaking technology. I'm sure they've assimilated a couple of Klingon, Romulan, or some race with cloaking technology in the delta quadrant... it seems it would be a rather big advantage for a a cube to be able to cloak and it makes sense. I guess the writers never thought about it.

Oooooooo. That's a really good question! I've never thought about it before. I wish I knew the answer.

Oooooooo. That's a really good question! I've never thought about it before. I wish I knew the answer.

Then again, since the Borg have transwarp, maybe they don't need a cloaking device...

the borg have transwarp? i never knew that. maybe because of all the extreme amounts of technology on the borg ship, they are unable to cloak. maybe because of the borg implants on the borg. itll cloak them? lol. i dunno. just guessin. :D

The Borg's greatest flaw is over-confidence.  It's how Janeway and crew kept defeating them and why the Borg only send 1 cube for Earth.

They believe they don't need to cloak in order to assimiliate cultures.

Good point... I'm just waiting for their mass invasion of the Alpha Quadrant...

Good point... I'm just waiting for their mass invasion of the Alpha Quadrant...

Yeah...If The did what they did in The Game Star Trek Armada, The Borg would have taken over the Galaxy...

Also, as I seem to recall, the Borg only access certain technology that they've assimilated when they need it. Considering who they are I agree that it may be a case of over confidence that they never use it. After all, they are still striving toward perfection which means that they are still flawed as well. The cloaking techinology would have come in real handy during their battles with species 8472 but then again, since they couldn't defeat them, they probably decided that it was irrelevant to access it. But against the Alpha Quadrant, it might have been a completely different story had they used it. I don't think the Federation would have stood a chance had they accessed cloaking.

Yes, I do. And it's still viable where cable doesn't reach and since all tv stations are still in reality, broadcast stations, the technology and bandwidth are still in use.