Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Explain Your Screen Name

Mine I had explained either in this thread or in another similar one... but it used to be Yillara_Soong.

Had it changed to Yillara_Skye, because I just wanted to have a change... not to mention it now matches my screen name elsewhere. I had made up the name Yillara for a character of a story I made up when I was a kid, but this many years later.... I discover that it apparently means "years" in Turkish (and no, I do not speak Turkish).

As for the name Skye, I do not know... I just have always liked that name, and also it is a part of a song that I love and that is "Skye Boat Song". Probably will become either a first or a middle name of a daughter I have one day, who knows *shrug*

WEll I changed mine fomr Tal Shiar to Tal for the simple reason thats what most people call me so decided to make it my name.

I've used this name for several years, since middle school actually. That would make it about 8 years. This was back when Pokémon was popular and my friends said I looked like a character out of it called Mr. Psychic from Saffron City. I've just gotten so used to it, and the abbr. everyone uses of psy, that I never bothered changing it.

The origin of my screen name should be quite obvious........

Well We are waitng for why they should be :( ^_^

Mine, I like Dragons and when I made my AIM name I had a 1995 Jeep Wrangler, so hence Dragonwrangler95

For mine...Trekkie should be rather obvious :dontgetit:

Mage is a little more complicated. My friend used to write a lot of fanfic for X-men and stuff, so she stuck her friends in with different abilities. I was a mage. It kind of stuck...^.^

I also had PenguinMage (penguins were my favorite animal), but I think it had been taken on a site I was signing up for, so I switched it to TrekkieMage. I like it better anyways :blink:

mine's sort of obvious. st for star trek. voyager for voyager and fan 21 because i'm a fan and i was 21 at the time.

tm :dontgetit:

As a long-time Trek fan I wanted to use trek in my name. I considered Treks but made it Trekz since it sounds the same but is more unique plus Z is the first initial of my last name, thus my name is Trekz. I also used this name at ST.com. It's nice to see so many former Ten Forward loungers on this site! :dontgetit:

the name "Jim Phaserman" has a story behind it. a few years ago, back before I joined the Navy, My brother (Gary) and I were searching the net, and we found Startrek.com, and the chatrooms therein. this was when there were 4 chatrooms. he went in with the screen name "phaserman" and that's how THAT got started. eventually, when I started going in there to, I added a J to it. when we started simming in the holosuite, he became CptGphase (since screennames were limited to 9 letters) and I became AdmJphase. since then, any time we go into a star trek themed chatroom or message board, we use the Phaserman Family name. I've actually considered getting a copyright on it. eventually, when my wife and Gary's wife, and our little brother started chatting, we allowed them to use the name Phaserman. for those wondering, there are 5 people who are allowed to use the Phaserman name: Me (Jim), Gary, Tom, Krissy and Julie. one big happy, Direct Energy Family.

Hey now, Krissy is my biological system, if I wanted to change my name to "Sergeant Phaserman", would I be allowed to?

As for the reason for my name....

Hard Chargin' Sarge...

When I joined this site, I was a Sergeant (E-5) on active duty with the US Marine Corps. I was, as some might say, a "Hard CHargin' Devil Dog". I figured that wouldn't fit, so I used hardcharginsarge, which is cool because it also rhymes. though I am no longer on active duty (or even in the military), Tradition states that "Once a Marine, Always a Marine", so after recieving my discharge, I was tempted to change my screen name to Darryl, or Darryl Phaserman, but remembering tradition, I am sticking with hardcharginsarge.

OOH RAH!

I originally created my screen name because Vulcan's are my favourite aliens....I love pointy ears! But some people think my name means "vulcan that loves" type of thing, like being a rebel and all that.... Both work for me.

Seatroopers are aquatic Imperial troops (Star Wars) and it was my very first screen name on SW.com which was the first site I ever went to. I had read about the Seatroopers and was immediately intrigued. So after trying all the other names I could think of without success, I remembered the Seatroopers and the rest is history. Now any sea troopers you see are me, and if they aren't I've already killed the user and assimilated the account.

Have I after all this time really never replied to this post? Ok, I picked mine because for a couple reasons. Obviously one is because I liked Bones' whit. Another is because there is an old TOS pic I like of the entire bridge crew and always liked how everyone were a little more fanned out from the middle and standing exept 2 people, Kirk and McCoy. As for the number I picked, if you don't get it I'm not explaining. :blink: :dontgetit:

that's easy, I'm from Krypton.

nah, the truth is I'm a nerd. Being a nerd, I'm also a comic book fan. A Superman fan. That's where my name comes from, people from Krypton are called Kryptonians and Supes has been called the Kryptonian a time or two.

Yeah you all know..Mine comes from my fondness for space adventures and the Tigger character.. Always wanted to put a starfleet uniform on a Tigger pic and use it for my avatar..I'm just not that good with photoshop..

orginally i used to call myself guardian452 when i was still in jr. high. during my sophomore year in high school, i changed the name to tj_hawk, mostly for the initials in my name, and because of the high school mascot.

Figured this was worth a bump now that everyone can change their names

BTW, Mandy is just my name.

I used to be xXTrekkieCaraXx

Trekkie because I like Star Trek, Cara because that is my first name and xXXx because I am caring and kind :P .

I figured it was too long so I changed it for good to just "Cara"

UA - is the intials to my original screen name = is literally to be read as equals , and Angela is my real name

So I am saying my old screen name equals my real name, Next month it goes down to Angela

Well my old one (statstarter) was because I am one of the founders of the Star Trek Association of Towson (the folks that bring you Shore Leave ) and Shore Leave's first convention chairman. The treason for the new one is that just oldfan was already taken and I an old and a fan, I watched Star Trek TOS when is was in first run and as I get more grey in the hair and more body aches I feel old.

Itchygomba is a weird name I came up with thanks to Super Mario Bros, I made a Comment that the Gomba's look like they would be itchy if you touched them, and my old nickname was born

Itchygomba