Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Explain Your Screen Name

My screen name is a bit of a long story - but to make it short, there is this species called the Xenophons (the word roots actually work out to foreign-sounds. They are supposed to have a very unusual dialect) and Xeroc (pronounced like zer-ock) was supposed to be a common name among them. It is the same name I used at ST.com. You might find a few of my posts still in their SciTech Board.

The reason I chose my nickname should be obvious. It's the answer to my dreams and where no woman has gone before!

The reason I chose my nickname should be obvious.  It's the answer to my dreams and where no woman has gone before!

I should've picked MrsRiker. :D I don't think my hubby would've liked that name. lol

It's the answer to my dreams and where no woman has gone before!

I thought Kirk had been married once but she was killed? But there can still be some great exploring when you're second. :D

Mines dsbs b/c Data Soong Brent Spiner (then AFTER I realised that DS was also my initials. Well I knew my initials already, lol, but it didn't click till later...but had D...S...Brent Spiner works too!!:D)

By the way, I love your site, TanK!

but isn't Prometheus the name they used for the ship in Stargate-SG1 or at least the code name for the project?

This is an interesting thread...

yes PROMETHEUS was the name of the airforce made ship that was stolen in STARGATE SG-1. i also dont remember that in ST. i also agree i like this topic, its pretty neat to see why some people pick their names. so whats my avatar tell ya?

It's the answer to my dreams and where no woman has gone before!

I thought Kirk had been married once but she was killed? But there can still be some great exploring when you're second. :D

yes he was married. in the WRATH OF KAHN we meet his ex-wife, and son. i dont think she dies, but his son does in THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK. so one woman has gone their before.

ive played bass for about ten years, and my mom got me a key chain that spelled bassgirl on it a long time ago....(unfortunately some of my friends decided to play a joke and take the `B` off when i wasnt looking.... :D )

(unfortunately some of my friends decided to play a joke and take the `B` off when i wasnt looking.... :D )

:D :) :D What are friends for?

but isn't Prometheus the name they used for the ship in Stargate-SG1 or at least the code name for the project?

This is an interesting thread...

yes PROMETHEUS was the name of the airforce made ship that was stolen in STARGATE SG-1. i also dont remember that in ST. i also agree i like this topic, its pretty neat to see why some people pick their names. so whats my avatar tell ya?

There have been two ships called Prometheus in Trek. One USS Prometheus (NCC-71201) was in DS9's Second Sight and the other USS Prometheus (NX-59650) was in a Voyager episode called Message in a Bottle.

I'm sure my name speaks for itself, it's my artist name.

Yes, I still had to come up with it originally, so here it goes. I was just starting and realized that my real name isn't really interesting so I starting thinking of names. A few friends of mine used the fact that I'm German and that my last name sounds similar to Hitler, so they started calling me Techno Adolf. I went with that and then decided that I'd call my first cd Trance Canada, but I thought "Wow man!!!! I like the sound of that and used it as my artist name. I got Trance-Canada because of the Trans Siberian Orchestra and I live really close to the Trans Canada highway and decide to change Trans to Trance. The - came because I was trying to figure out how to make a site at MP3.com and came into problems I didn't know how to fix so I made a new site under Trance-Canada, and that's what I go by EVERYWHERE on the net, even eBay and every other forum I go to.

yes he was married. in the WRATH OF KAHN we meet his ex-wife, and son. i dont think she dies, but his son does in THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK. so one woman has gone their before.

No, James T Kirk and Carol Marcus never got married. If you remember the conversation between them in the Genesis cave it points that fact out. The first thing Kirk says to Carol is, "I did what you wanted. I stayed away. Why didn't you tell him?" This alludes to the fact that David has no idea who his father really is. Carol's answer is. "How could you ask me that? Were we together? Were we GOING to be?" The back story was that when Carol discovered she was pregnant with David, she kicked James T Kirk out of her life, because she knew he would never be happy earth bound. The two never married.

James Kirk did marry, but that was in Shatner's novels. He falls in love with and marries a Romulan/Klingon woman named Telani, who is killed soon after bearing Kirk a son named Joseph. But again, that was in the novels, and not considered "canon".

I guess since all of my sisters have posted...it is my turn. Yillara is a character in my story( for those who don't know already I have not writen very much of it). and when my brother, sister and I would make up stories in the backyard(or at the local playground)....I would portray Yillara. She is from the 24th century, but is placed back in the 20th/21st . Yes, like me, she is deeply in love with Data. At one point she is his girlfriend. to be quite honest, Yillara is much like me....however I have not had the honor and pleasure of being Data's girlfriend, and I wasn't born in the 24th century. There is much more to her story, and I may post it here when I fianlly get it written.

Her name is pronounced Ya-lahr-ah, or Yil-lahr-ah, either variation is fine.

I picked Capt_d because well for one When I role play with friends I am always someone without rank or someone who is an Lt. so I thought what ever I pick Captain better be in it. I tried putting capt with my real name over at st.com but someone else already had it so I shortened my nickname to one letter ( nickname being Martie Denne) so TADA Capt_d has stuck :laugh::laugh: :)

Soong sisters,

Maybe this is a silly question but when you refer to yourselves as sisters - this means screen name sisters right?

We have had a few inquiries about that so I have posted a thread to explain our relationship. Here is the link:

Soong Sisters

Thanks for asking.

My name is Garak_girl because I love Garak (duh!). I kinda want to change it to something more meaningfull like Lubak10 or murk10 but I don't know how to change it without just starting a new account and I don't want to start over as a cadet. Lubak10 because Garak was the 10th member of the Lubak group at the Bamarren Institute or murk10 because that's what 1st years were called at Bamarren and I'm a freshman.

PS if anyone can tell me how to change my name please do.

My name relates to my hobby- astronomy- whenever I walk around at night I just can't help myself but to look up and enjoy the stars and milky way. ..... One day I'm going to walk into a pole and end up with a flat nose.... Mum jokes that the only way I'll meet someone is if they happen to look down the telescope while I looking through it........

Leesa Soong

Which of the Pern Series do you love? My all time favourite was White Dragon. I have started a thread about non-star trek books somewhere if you want to reply.

Edited by Alterego

WELL you just keep looking up to those stars. they are beautiful, and amazing. personally i find nothing quite so beautiful as the things you find in nature. i love to look up on a cool, clear night with a full moon, its just so aw inspiring.

URHURARIKER here here, this was a great question on your part, its interesting to see the replys people are making. keep it up :tear:

URHURARIKER, here here, this was a great question on your part, its interesting to see the replys people are making. keep it up :tear:

Well cool! I'm so glad everyone's enjoying this thread. :idea:

No, James T Kirk and Carol Marcus never got married. 

James Kirk did marry, but that was in Shatner's novels.

What about Miramanee? (Or however you spell it.)

I write fanfic, and Lady Narana is my fav character. I won't go into my reasoning for choosing her name for my own, but my list is not limited just to "Because I like her." I developed "Narana" as a name because it was easy to type, and I knew I would be typing it a lot.

No, James T Kirk and Carol Marcus never got married. 

James Kirk did marry, but that was in Shatner's novels.

What about Miramanee? (Or however you spell it.)

I write fanfic, and Lady Narana is my fav character. I won't go into my reasoning for choosing her name for my own, but my list is not limited just to "Because I like her." I developed "Narana" as a name because it was easy to type, and I knew I would be typing it a lot.

Cool, another screen name chosen because of a specific fan fic character!!! Although my fan fic is only in its infant stages(though it has been in my head since I was 12).

Ahane Falzon, alien term for Fallen Angel :laugh: too long of an explination and it is MY screen name; in hopes to be my real name...

My screen name is from a character in the New Mutants comic book. It was published in the '80's. The character was only in 2 or 3 issues, but she is one of my favorites. :laugh:

What about Miramanee?  (Or however you spell it.)

I don't know if Kirk and Miramanee were married. She was "offered" to the god Kirok after Kirk stumbled out of the obelisk after getting his memory zapped away. He didn't know who he really was at the time, and Miramanee was killed right after he regained his memory, so she wasn't actually married to James T Kirk.

I don't know if Kirk and Miramanee were married. She was "offered" to the god Kirok after Kirk stumbled out of the obelisk after getting his memory zapped away. He didn't know who he really was at the time, and Miramanee was killed right after he regained his memory, so she wasn't actually married to James T Kirk.

According to ST. com's library...

Woman living on a beautiful Class-M planet inhabited by a culture similar to that of Native American Indians. Miramanee and James Kirk were married after he lost his memory in 2268, but she died later the same year. Miramanee's planet was protected from an asteroid by a deflecting Obelisk installed by the Preservers.

I don't know if Kirk and Miramanee were married. He didn't know who he really was at the time, and Miramanee was killed right after he regained his memory, so she wasn't actually married to James T Kirk.

Oh, my, my, my, my, my...semantics and hairsplitting! ;):D