Favourite setting..

Which setting do you prefer?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which setting do you prefer?

• on ship
    • on planet
    • both
    • other (explain)

Personally I prefer the TNG eps that are solely based on the Enterprise, there is no place like home :hug:

What do you think?

I voted for a ship. Somethings always hitting the fan on a ship, lots of things to play with. Besides a lot of those planets look awfully similiar, lots of deserts and caves out there apparently. :hug:

Ship. Definitely. I love the Enterprise D. And the Enterprise E even more. :hug:

Looks like home to me, like Stelfan said. :hug::hug:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I voted other..Although I like starships my favorite setting would be on a Space Station..Preferably Deep Space Nine..Now that is home to me!! The great thing about a Station like DS9 is all these ships, starfleet and alien come to you..Especially with the Wormhole right there..

I would definitely prefer starship. For one, it can go to any plantet and everywhere else too. I hate being stuck on stupid Earth! For second, one word. HOLODECK! You can still "go" to some of those places without leaving home. Edited by Valeris

I voted for on the ship...I like the space scences alot, whether its a battle

or a nebula....they intrigue me!

I voted other..Although I like starships my favorite setting would be on a Space Station..Preferably Deep Space Nine..Now that is home to me!! The great thing about a Station like DS9 is all these ships, starfleet and alien come to you..Especially with the Wormhole right there..

My thoughts exactly. Give me a large, ugly Cardassian built space station with a Ferengi bar owner and a Changeling security chief over a sterile starship any day!

I agree, I've always thought that the on ship episodes were better as well, don't really know why though :)

post-32-1080256257.jpg

Both but I prefer the Ship because the planet sets can look awfully cheesy sometimes (unless it is a location shoot :) ) but the ship is always the ship.

I voted on ship..the bridge is what i like thats where most of the action is :)

Depends what kind of mood I'm in. I like the creativity of bottle shows (in ship), but the exotic backdrops of other worlds appeal to me. I would lean more to planet episodes that are film on location. They have a certain natural look to them.

I really like ship based episodes best but enjoy the planet based episodes too. Oh heck I've just contradicted myself. I voted for ship, the ship is just brilliant. The episodes based on it were always really innovative with the holodeck and all the alien ships they encountered, not to mention all the weird anomalies it just made for great stories. <_<

I love when the crew are one the ship or off of the ship there is so much that happens to both the onboard crew and the away crew

I voted for both because sometimes you just want to get out into the open. The ship is very nice place to live and has any and everything that you could possibly want like the Holodeck. Sometimes you just want to be in an open space breathing fresh air. :clap:

MY favorite setting really depends on the episode...take Descent parts 1 and 2, which took part on both the planets surface and the ship, of ST:TNG.

I would have to say that in general though I prefer setting that take place on the enterprise.

I voted for both, because either is fine. On the ship or on a planet(or a combo of both), it does not matter too much to me as long as the storyline keeps moving right along.