Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Bring Back Kirk....?

The clip was fun to watch, cheesy and unbelievable, and very well made for amateurs. I was very impressed with that. The worst thing is, very little of what they proposed was origional. Kirk getting resurrected and meeting back with Spock was from Shatner's book "The Return" which was the 2nd in the "Odyssey" Trilogy. They just told the story as him in the Nexus, whereas in the book the romulans take his body, with Spock standing over the grave. Still fun to watch, but usually i tend to look for the little things :)

Shatner has said that he would play Kirk again- he even wrote a scenario where Kirk returns. I think the idea now is to have him play Kirks grandfather next season. I don't care if it is cheesy, this maybe the last time we see him in an episode of Star Trek.

who...Wiliiam Shatner or Kirk?

you just wrote "I think the idea now is to have him play Kirks grandfather next season."that's not having Kirk back thats just a guest star two parter,thats a quick fix for the people that want Kirk back at any cost.......and having Kirks Grandpa on a crap show isnt gonna do for me...... :laugh:

It may not be bringing Kirk back as such- but having Shatner return to a Star Trek series would be enough for me. I will ignore your comment about Enterprise being a "crap show".

They should have a Star Trek mini series. Like Taken. Long episodes. Five volumes. Two 1-2 hour episodes per volume. They should have all crews with all the captains. Some sort of time traveling mix up that has to save the universe from universal armegeddon.

BBK Updates...

**TV Guide**

"According to Enterprise executive producer Rick Berman, Star Trek captain William Shatner has approached him with "a great story idea," in which (naturally) he'd play a prominent role. [... but] no formal offer has been made."

--Click Here

**StarTrek.com**

"Berman mentions that William Shatner could return to the Star Trek fold this season. "We're hopefully going to have some discussions with our dear friend, Mr. Shatner, and perhaps come up with a small arc that will involve him," Berman said. Such discussions will be contingent on his schedule for Boston Legal, the new series Shatner is starring in this fall. "

--Click Here

However, one of the things not known is if Shatner would play Kirk or someone else like one of Kirk's relatives/ancestries.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

More BBK Updates...

On the "TrekWeb" message board "Lt. Barclay" posted the following:

While visiting Las Vegas last week, I went to MGM Grand's CBS Television City Research Center. They had us preview an episode of John Goodman's new series, Center of the Universe, starting in the Fall. During the show, a few UPN commercials were shown, including one for Enterprise. During the commercial they showed scenes from season 3. After these scenes were shown, a Star Trek symbol flying through space was displayed with writing above it corresponding to what the narrator was saying (this is not exact, but similar to what the narrator said):

"Join us this fall for a 2-episode special as William Shatner returns to the Star Trek universe, as James T. Kirk."

They did not have any footage just the Star Trek symbol. Question is, have they finalized Shatner's appeareance on Enterprise or did they just create this commercial to see what type of response they would get from viewers, as we were grading what we were watching?

I thought it was interesting that they specifically mentioned a 2-episode special.

BTW: This is my first post on BBS. I've been coming here for awhile now and figured it was finally time to post after viewing the commercial.

CLICK HERE to see TrekWeb topic.

The BBK Campaign is confirming that this ad is real. They believe it might be a test to see how audience would respond to the idea. Paramount has declined to comment.

CLICK HERE to see more from the BBK Campaign.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

an article in Star Trek Communicator said that it was a big possiblity that Kirk, if not some former series cast member, would appear in the next Enterprise Season. Enterprise is okay, but is isn't my favorite series by far.