Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

DS9 movie?

Should there be a DS9 movie?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a DS9 movie?

• The Profits be praised YES!
    • For the love of Dukat NO!
    • I don't care, just keep making Star Trek movies!

I voted that I don't care.

There are sooo many possibilities in terms of movies. We already got a snippet of Captain-Captain (er, they were captains on TV.............) between Kirk and Picard in Generations (as far as I remember, I haven't really seen it in a long time... I really need to see it again) and between Picard and Janeway in Nemesis (that was just weird), but it wasn't really much. A mixed cast movie is the best desicion right now. I think the fine line that only one cast can be in a movie needs to be blurred. Another thing would be to have a new cast introduced in a movie, then appear in a new series the following Fall. It would tell you after the movie and then you would be all exited for a couple of months. I have wayy to much energy.........

Also in that previous paragraph, I think I broke my record for the most bracketed comments to interrupt  a sentence.

That would have been a great way to introduce Enterprise. Make it a movie in the summer then it becomes a series in the fall. Broken Bow on the big screen would have been awesome.

:rolleyes: Please they need to do something!!! I voted YES! Something combining DS9-TNG-VOY That would really make my day. Then they could start a new series. I know I would watch. Enterprise is fine, but somehow it just seems out of place. It's like telling a store than going back in time to explain a part of that store. Me tell the store straight from the begining and get it over with. KNOW WHAT I MEAN? :rolleyes:

I'd like to see one, but it would have a huge potential to be cheesy depending on how the cast is thrown back together (maybe it could take place during the run of the series, and maybe even have Jadzia :rolleyes: ). I'd definitely go see one if it were made.

My answer is yes. There should be a ST:DS9 movie. I think it is well over do for one don't you.

If Paramount is viewing this screen pleade make a movie of ST:DS9. :innocent:

I like DS9 and would love to see it on the big screen, but I'm not sure it could stand alone as a movie. I also remember reading somewhere that Avery Brooks was done with star trek, and what would DS9 be without Sisko. I like the idea of a mixed cast and using the DS9 station in a movie, though. Really, any movie would be good and I wouldn't hesitate to go see it, no matter who was in it (unless maybe if Wesley Crusher was the captain of anything....oh god, please no!) :)

I love DS9. I love it more than any of the other series. I think DS9 is where Star Trek had its peak, Trek at its best. And for that reason, I don't think there should be a DS9 movie. DS9 as a single seven-season entity was probably as close to perfection on Trek as we're going to get, and it was very well contained beginning to end. A movie would just ruin that. I could always be proven wrong, but I'll remain a skeptic of the success of a DS9 movie until it hits the screen (or the fan).

Well, in my experrience with tv shows, it seems one of the following allways happens:

1. The show is cancelled, but sometimes is lucky enough to get a final episode.

2. The show is brought to a close, but a few stories are left open for the imagination.

3. The series is completely left open, and a movie is in the works.

TOS - #1

TNG - #3

DS9 - #2

VOY - #2

That's how I see it. Anyway, I'd rather have a mixed cast for the 11th movie. :martok:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

THERE SHOULD BE A MOVIE CENTERING AROUND THE DS9 CREW.

MAYBE, A MIXTURE OF TNG;DS9;AND VOY CREWS.

:andorian:

i voted on this a long time ago, and i cant beleive i didnt post. OMG, YES, YES, YES, YES, THERE BETER BE A DS9 MOVIE. its the best series, how can they not. unitmonster, i seen in an interview with avery brooks, just the opposite, where he said he'd love to do more DS9. so i dont rule it out at all.

YesYesYesYesYesYes..OMG..There needs to be a DS9 movie..That would be Fantastic..YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes..Hard for me to talk about how they would go about it because I haven't seen how DS9 ends in the 7th season...lol..This week I'm picking up season 7.. :o

YesYesYesYesYesYes..OMG..There needs to be a DS9 movie..That would be Fantastic..YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes..Hard for me to talk about how they would go about it because I haven't seen how DS9 ends in the 7th season...lol..This week I'm picking up season 7.. :o

I am jealous. I have not gotten season one yet, but I am going to start picking them up soon, hopefully.

I dunno if DS9 would make a practical movie for a general audience, so I don't know if it should be a movie, but I do know that I'll be dissapointed if we never see another Trek movie.

I figure it will haqppen some time. I just hope it is well written. The reunion of the characters will require some good thought, and explaining Sisko's return so that audience of a non-trek back ground will under stand, will be difficult regardless. But like Bolivar said, I'd very dissapointed if we saw no more Trek movies.

If it has Jadzia, I'll watch it until I'm broke.

Reading the posts here I saw alot of people want a mixture of TNG and/or Voyager in with it, I would not like that. A DS9 movie has to be all its own. Maybe it could have like a few TNG characters visiting after the events of Nemesis.

I've also seen a few saying that the movie should be of the station with a new crew, like Deep Space Nine: The Next Generation, I would not like that either. It HAS to have the cast from in between season 4 and 5, meaning Worf has to be in it.

There would be that movie AND an idea for a 12 movie would be the Cardassian occupation of Bajor, it would pan through the 50 years.

Edited by sea trooper

I'd love to see one, it'd be a great injection of new backgrounds and characters to the movies but I doubt it will happen. Well actually maybe after a few years break it could be an option, fingers crossed.

As much as I love DS9, I voted no.

The team that wrote and produced the series may not come back for the movie and I think the cast has moved on now to other things.

We had a superb opening episode, seven seasons of brilliance and an excellent finale. I don't think anything else needs to be addressed.

I was satisfied with how everything turned out in the end, and I don't want sub-standard writers or producers touching DS9.

DS9 should be left alone.

I don't think it will be DS9 or VOY.

A mixed cast movie wouldn't work either because you would just end up shoehorning various characters from different shows into one movie which would be awkward.

The most logical course of action is to create a new TV series in a few years and if it catches on, then produce some movies relating to it.