Sign in to follow this  
BlueCrystal

Has T'Pol gone native?

She kisses Sim, and then almost ruled by emotion she runs to the shuttlepods to board and surrender to the Xindi in Azati Prime. Sure they may say that sector of space was affecting her but come on let's get real. I'm betting in a few more shows we'll be seeing her PMSing.

Her differences in behavior from the Vulcan norm are what I find attractive about the character, she is a little like Spock but the reason for her actions remain yet a mystery to us with the exception of the knowing that (spoiler ahead highlight to see>) Trillium-D is making it worse. I believe she was shunned by her Vulcan people and drew her assignment to the Ent as some sort of punishment and/or because of Vulcan political reasons or perhaps it had to do with simply being born into the wrong house. She could be related to the likes of those Vulcan wanderers all of whom may carry the freak gene as did Sybok in ST:5. I am keeping my fingers crossed the studio ptb continue to give ENT more time for all to be revealed

I still don't see how she's turning into a pool of emotion...

Her differences in behavior from the Vulcan norm are what I find attractive about the character, she is a little like Spock but the reason for her actions remain yet a mystery to us with the exception of the knowing that (spoiler ahead highlight to see>) spoiler deleted from quote. I believe she was shunned by her Vulcan people and drew her assignment to the Ent as some sort of punishment and/or because of Vulcan political reasons or perhaps it had to do with simply being born into the wrong house. She could be related to the likes of those Vulcan wanderers all of whom may carry the freak gene as did Sybok in ST:5. I am keeping my fingers crossed the studio ptb continue to give ENT more time for all to be revealed

I think you may be on to something there AE. I laughed when I highlighted because, I though that she had been affected more than we had been led to believe. That Trellium D must be some very potent stuff. Now wasn't that the stuff they were trying to synthesize in the lab and it blew up? To line the hull of the ship with? To shield the crew from, what exactly? Some sort of radiation, wasn't it? So what protects the crew, messes T'Pol up? Very interesting. :unsure:

Edited by Alterego

The trellium D was to line the ship to keep it from being affected by the anomalies.

The spoilers indicate:

Click for Spoiler:

T'Pol wilfully becomes addicted to Trellium D - not by accidental exposure because they didn't use it on the ship but because she wanted to experience emotions. I hope that isn't really the case. The Enterprise was nearly destroyed because she wasn't up to the job. I don't think that is a good character development IMO.

It also could be that Vulcans aren't used to being overexposed to humans...

Maybe thru the years they had to learn how to control their emotions a new

way after exposure to humans.....just a thought :unsure:

She kisses Sim, and then almost ruled by emotion she runs to the shuttlepods to board and surrender to the Xindi in Azati Prime.  Sure they may say that sector of space was affecting her but come on let's get real.  I'm betting in a few more shows we'll be seeing her PMSing.

I've read production reports that say her loss of emotional control will be explained in the last 6 episodes of the season, but I'm not sure which o these 6 episodes.

Yep there is definitely something affecting the girl! And now that this has finally become obvious it makes me realise how subtley this plotline has been developed over the season - I knew there had to be an excuse for her infuriating behaviour! But really if they didn't want a Vulcan why have one in the first place or is she destined to spend the rest of the run re-discovering her Vulcanicity in a kind of reversal of the 7 of 9 role? - actually that might be quite interesting! :unsure:

T'Pol showing emotions is what makes her interesting, we have seen so many "regular" Vulcans already, she is far more interesting this way.