1. 1. Who should be in Trek 11?

• The Next Generation
    • Deep Space Nine
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise
    • Mixed cast
    • New cast

Stardate:213512.1

I'd rather see a big screen movie but I wouldnt complain if they made some tv movies.

I prefer the big screen, but I welcome any new shows or movies in Trek universe.. But I think it will be hard to motivate the actors to do a TV-movie..

I think TV movies or a mini-series is a great idea. It might be the only way we get to see DS9 or Voyager again, if TPTB deem them unworthy big-screen movie material.

As for motivating actors, I think if the story and paycheck were right, they'd get motivated. B)

i want a few tv movies (ds9, voy) but they cant just ignore the big-screen movies. i want one last TNG, and then move on to Enterprise.

and no matter how many times you say it CJLP, i wont give up hope on one last TNG movie.

I agree. I will not give up on another TNG movie either. I am also not giving up on a DS9 movie. I think that DS9 would be great on the big screen. I don't think the cast would be very motivated to do a TV movie. TV movies usually come ten years after a series has ended and the cast all comes back because their careers are in a downward spiral and they are trying to revive them.

What I refuse to accept is that Nemesis was the last Star Trek movie...

I want others !!!!!!

I would like DS9, But either would be fine with me.

I just don't want STX to be the last one

I want others !!!!!!

rick berman has publically said that even if they dont decide to do another tng movie, there will defenitely be more. he said star trek is far from gone. and he also said that the studio is seriously looking at a mixed cast film.

so i think we can all expect more st movies. yay

I want others !!!!!!

rick berman has publically said that even if they dont decide to do another tng movie, there will defenitely be more. he said star trek is far from gone. and he also said that the studio is seriously looking at a mixed cast film.

so i think we can all expect more st movies. yay

Yeah, I cannot see them trying to end the making of the movies any time soon. Even the Trek movies that have done "bad" still made good money, just not as much as they were expecting.

Well, as many of you know or refuse to accept, Star Trek: Nemesis, for all intents and purposes, is the last TNG movie.  With that said, I think many fans alike would prefer to see DS9, VOY, or a new cast for the next movie or group of movies.  Well, what happens if we don't get that "next big screen movie", eh?  I've an idea!  Why not do anual TV movies?  Think about it for a minute...  We could have 2 TV movies produced each summer for 5 years, one DS9, the other VOY!  What do ya think of this?  People say that a TV movie tends to be the equivellant of a 2-part TV episode.  Well, they can fix that by making them 2-part TV movies, Part 1 the first night with Part 2 the next night.  Edit out the commercials and both parts would come to a full length of 3 hours.  They're cheaper to make and we wouldn't have to wait so long between them as well.

So, what do you think of the idea?  Heck, we could even have our anual DS9 and VOY movies along with "new cast" movies on the big screen! :) Welp, what do you think?

I think that that idea will never happen. It's silly in my opinion.

Im entitled to my view point. Freedom of speach is a right. I think your idea is silly and that is my opinion. If you dont want feedback then dont post.

Agreed, freedom of speech is a right but it can be abused, take st.com for example. Ok then back on topic, I too refuse to accept there is no chance of another NG film, (almost) every OS film was touted to be the last one but it kept going so the same may happen to NG as well. TPTB might do well to consider doing TV movies with DS9 and/or VOY but unless/until I can be assured the sets still exist, (especially for DS9) I don’t see it happening.

OK, well, how's this....

TOS - 6 movies

TNG - 4 movies

New Cast - 1 or 2 movies

Then move on to ENT movies! :)

As for the DS9 and VOY fans? Hmm... This could be a problem... This is what happens when you have 2 spin-offs at the same time! :( Well, maybe they could give the DS9 fans a season-long mini-series, then give the VOY fans 4 2-part tv-movies? :)

Alterego, the sets no longer exist for either series, but they can allways build new sets.  See, the problem of the sets no longer existing - this I had not considerred.

Granted, rebuilding the sets for DS9 would not be impossible but it would be a HUGH undertaking (not so bad for VOY, they are smaller), but it seems to me, if they believed in the possibility of using them again for future stories, the sets would have been saved. Destroying the DS9 and VOY sets sends, to me at least and I hope I am wrong, a very strong message that it's over for these two. :) Except in books! :)

Greetings, all! :laugh:

While we have a "who should be in Trek XI" thread going, I'd like t start a "mixed cast movie" discussion.

I've been thinking lots, and really, this seems the best coarse of action. Some say it'd feel forced, too Trekkified, wierd, no favorite characters, or whatever, but here's my reasoning why it would be the best "next option".

Star Trek cancelled - revived via movies.

The Next Generation ended, but left open for movies.

Deep Space Nine ended, most story arcs brought to a close.

Voyager returned to Earth.

Enterprise - Current series, thus no movie till it ends.

We also saw the "splitting up" of the TNG & DS9 crews and can assume that VOY's crew split up once they returned to Earth.

With this said, I think the best bet would be to mix up the crews so you have TNG, DS9, and VOY characters all in one movie. They could pick 3 from each show, have 4 from one show, 1 from another, and 2 from the third. Any combination could go. The movie could be set on the Enterprise-E, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, or a new ship. It'd be a mixed-cast movie, but it could still be a TNG, DS9, or VOY story, it just wouldn't have the complete cast becuase of the mixing. This would also allow a different combination of characters per a movie, so our TNG guys can take turns returning, and our DS9 and VOY characters could each get at least one movie, a cameo if nothing else.

The main reason why I think this would work is becuase all 3 shows were relativily set at the same time. TNG 2364-70 / DS9 2369-75 / VOY 2371-77

So, what do you guys think?

Stardate:213578.6

I like the idea.I mixed cast move if written right I think could be very successful.I would like to see a DS9 and TNG movie with maybe a few Voy cameoes put in.

The "splitting up" of the TNG and DS9 casts is precisely why I think a mixed cast movie would work beautifully. It is not unreasonable to think that different crews would come together to solve some dire threat to the Federation. I would really like to see it centered around Riker's new command and DS9. A creative writer could easily bring these two together and include cameos of others, perhaps Janeway and Picard. I really hope that's what the next movie will be.

Whatever the next movie be, I'm hoping Riker's the star, Janeway's the "Admiral" :lol: , and Sisko returns! :laugh:

Yeah, everybody says the DS9 story is wrapped up. I won't be satisfied until they deal with the return of Sisko.

Actually, I plan on starting a petition to convince Patrick Stewart to cameo in further TNG-era movies! :lol:

As far as Seven goes, I agree. She's a fantastic character and would make an excellent addition. However, I'd like to see her as an Ensign in Starfleet. By the time #11 comes out, she could be a cadet or an Ensign. :laugh:

I think if the script and paycheck were right, Stewart might agree to at least a cameo.

As for Seven, I agree it would be good for her to be in the movie, but not just to attract men. I think she is a strong, intelligent, female character and possibly a good role model for young women if they don't emphasize the cat suit issue too much.

I think I would bet on anotehr TNG movie. I don't think many are going to roll over and beg for a DS9 or Voyager.

And I have to side with the Soong girls, here. TNG was the one with pull, no TNG, no pull.

Patrick Stewart says he doesn't want to do a 5th Trek movie and Data was killed off. It'd be like doing a TOS movie without Kirk/Spock/McCoy.

Maybe they could do a TNG movie with Riker and Worf as the focus of the film? Personally, I'd much have a series of "mixed cast" films in the TNG era with different combinations for each film.

Come on,people!The TNG feature films have been done.The DS9 cast deserve a movie and will undoubtedly get a better script and produce a better film than the TNG folks.Just give them the best writers from DS9's last few seasons,bring back Sisko(and Terry Farrell,I don't care how),and present them with an unimaginably superior enemy or challenge.They'll save the day as usual.