86 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be in Trek 11?

• The Next Generation
    • Deep Space Nine
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise
    • Mixed cast
    • New cast

I certainly think Janeway came across well in her cameo in Nemesis. I think she has the presence needed to carry a feature film. Maybe we can turn the tables and let Patrick Stewart have a five-minute cameo in the next movie.

I would also love to see the return of Sisko.

Eveyrbody (including me) want's TNG, but realisticly I will go with the mixed cast.. Just hope Patrick Stewart can be persuaded to continue.. :laugh:

I think they should do a voyager/Ds9 movie sisko needs to come back and i want tosee what happens to some of the voyager crew they should also have Q in it

What cast members would you choose of a merged crew? Do you think people who starred in the 2 series would be willing to be background personnel? They couldn't feature them all as it would not work in a 2 hour movie. In the TNG movies there are many members of the crew who are not featured as prominently in the movies and they were in the series - examples Bev Crusher was practically non-existent in Nemesis.

Dr. Crusher has a small roles in all 4 movies, except for First Contact. I never read any complaints, so I figured the actress was fine with a small role in the movies. You think if she really had a problem, they would have given her a larger roll in Nemesis since it deals with cloning.

Here's an idea of how blending DS9 & VOY into 1 movie could work...

Chakotay's on a vission quest... However, he's startled to find himself in a white, warm vacuum, with the loud sound of a human hearbeat, possibly his own. Just then, he's greated by an african-american human! The Sisko...

Back in Admiral Janeway's office, the Admiral congradulates Seven on completing Starfleet Acadamy and places the Ensign rank pip on her collar. Just then, a security guard informs Janeway that she has a visitor. Chakotay barges into her office, explaining that he's had a starling vission. With this new information, Admiral Janeway contacts Mr. O'Brien, one of Seven's teachers at the acadamy, to gain some info on Sisko.

The story continues...

See how this could all blend together all so smoothly?

In a two hour movie you have 2 or 3 stories maximum going before you tie them altogether at the end otherwise it gets too confusing. It would not work to have all of the Voy and DS9 crews in one movie. There is not enough time for all of them to participate. Thus my question, who from each crew should be considered for a movie role - a maximum of 9 cast members combined with 2 or 3 being the focus of the film and the rest as supporting characters.

Personally I don't think there will ever be a Voy or DS9 movie as the ratings when the series were on won't give much comfort to Paramount to shell out the bucks. Rick Berman said that before Nemesis the studio had wanted a new cast but he convinced them that the TNG still had a lot more to say. Hopefully there will be another TNG movie or 2 and then Enterprise will hit the big screen.

I may not be an Enterprise fan, but I agree with Takara's last post. I want to see another TNG movie, and then maybe let ENT take over.

I agree that we may see one more TNG movie then it will be ENT turn on the big screen. I just don't think the other two shows had the ratings. And for Voyager it would be kind of hard to do a movie since they did make it home.

I hate to be spoilsport (I would love to see ENT go to the big screen more than DS9 or VOY) but doesn’t ENT have even lower ratings than the other two did? (Asking.)

I hate to be spoilsport (I would love to see ENT go to the big screen more than DS9 or VOY) but doesn’t ENT have even lower ratings than the other two did? (Asking.)

Hopefully that will change. I agree with the poster who wondered if that was more due to the network it is on. Maybe with the network's questionable status the PTB at Paramount will put it in to syndication. I think that would help the ratings.

I'm in Canada and we don't get that network (can't ever remember its name). Is it available to anyone who has a television as part of a basic service or do you have to subscribe to it? I'm just wondering how much of the American population has access to it. I recall someone posting that they get some of that network's programming on their Fox channel but that it is late at night.

I'm in Canada and we don't get that network (can't ever remember its name).  Is it available to anyone who has a television as part of a basic service or do you have to subscribe to it?  I'm just wondering how much of the American population has access to it.  I recall someone posting that they get some of that network's programming on their Fox channel but that it is late at night.

You mean "UPN" (United Paramount Network) It started with VOY and was intended to be an "over the airwaves" network designed to bring VOY (and their other programs but VOY was the "Flagship" show) I don't know the exact Am. pop. that was to receive it but I have heard it fell way short of doing what it premise was based on. I've remember the post your speaking of, it was said they get ENT on FOX. Weird...

Its on UPN for me and i live in the Boonies, so i have to have a Dish to get ANY TV.

The idea you posted, Picard is very interesing and a very clever sounding start, but i still think that if we have mixed cast, it will have to have a TNG supporting cast. TNG/DS9 could work, but i doubt DS9/VOY would work.

Your idea is...intriguing...though. Perhaps you should consider writing it as a Fan fic?

I really think that they should have a Voyager and Deep Space Nine mixed cast featuring some type of major conflict that was the result of their big conflict in DS9. I might not of watched DS9, but I knew the general plot line. If I know Star Trek well enough, they try to make their series and movies continous on one timeline. Although they have seperate indivisual stories, everything is condruant and therefore it makes it easy and logical to follow. If VOY and DS9 has a mixed cast I would love for there to have an Alpha Quadrant (Federation) conflict and the cast of Voyager to have an official mission within the Alpha Quadrant. They never got to prove their strengths in the Alpha Quadrant, but I guess they proved their strengths within the Delta Quadrant. We can leave the plot up to the directors, but these are the people who I would love to see in the Mixed Cast from Voyager, as main stars:

Janeway(she can find true love)

Chakotay(problems with the marrage, so he tells Janeway that he went on the assignment to get away)

Guest Star- Harry Kim(captain of the Rhode Island, as in Endgame)

Tvock (he said in an live chat he would love to do a movie, but I do not know where he would fit in)

Guest Staring: Seven (could have a baby; she proved her strenghts as a semi-mother, why not a real one)

Tom and Paris seemed to fill in the plot of Voyager Series and I do not really see them as a necessity also the other roles can be filled in by the DS9 stars.

Pilot: DS9 Character

Engineer: DS9 Character

Security: DS9 Character

I really think that they should have a Voyager and Deep Space Nine mixed cast featuring some type of major conflict that was the result of their big conflict in DS9. I might not of watched DS9, but I knew the general plot line. If I know Star Trek well enough, they try to make their series and movies continous on one timeline. Although they have seperate indivisual stories, everything is condruant and therefore it makes it easy and logical to follow. If VOY and DS9 has a mixed cast I would love for there to have an Alpha Quadrant (Federation) conflict and the cast of Voyager to have an official mission within the Alpha Quadrant. They never got to prove their strengths in the Alpha Quadrant, but I guess they proved their strengths within the Delta Quadrant. We can leave the plot up to the directors, but these are the people who I would love to see in the Mixed Cast from Voyager, as main stars:

Ahane, I almost fully agree with you. However, there's a few things I'd change. First off, we've had too many "Federation's at stake" movies. I'd prefer a good 'ole mystery with an alien thread on the side type story. Also, mixing the casts would also mean that we can't have the full casts from either show. If you did just DS9 and VOY characters in a mixed cast, then you should be able to use about half of each cast.

Personally, I'd like to see a different "mix" of characters for each mixed-cast movie. Some can star, some can have small roles, some cameos, and some be absent, and mix it all about for each movie.

As for what you said about characters fitting the story?

Admiral Janeway (I don't see her having a love story unless the person she falls in love with is an established character or plays a pivital part in the movie.)

Chakotay (We don't know if he'll still marry Seven in this new timeline.)

Harry Kim (Gues star? Ya don't have guest stars in movies! :( They'd just be considerred a main character. How could he be a captain? He was an ensign when they got home! B) )

Tuvoc (Tuvok is extremely close to Janeway, plus he's her chief of security, well he was... Maybe he's her chief of security in her office complex on Earth? :bow: In any event, if there's gonna be VOY characters, I bet he'll be there!)

Seven (After he assimilation, I don't think she can even have a baby. Would her "baby making" features still remain after the assimilation? I figured her Borg implants would have damaged her ability to have a baby as the Borg don't reproduce.)

They've been essential to the series, so I say they should either have strong rolls or a small role beyond a brief cameo.

As for your DS9 character ideas?

The space station doesn't have a pilot. It just kinda sits there, slowly spinning. B) However, if ya wanted a DS9 pilot, durring the final season, the recurring character, also a Ferengi, Nog, could work!

DS9's engineer was Chief O'Brien, however, he left for Earth to teach at Starfleet Acadamy in the finale. I'm sure there's some way we could get him back out in space.

DS9's security officer was the shape shifter, Odo. In the finale, he rejoined his people after a lifetime of seperation. He rejoined them to teach them what he's learned in his life and to try to prevent further wars.

This doesn't mean they can't return, it just means it'll take creative thinking and a thick plot! :bow::bow:

Here's an idea of how the characters could be mixed up for a mixed cast movie:

U.S.S. Titan

Captain: William Riker

1st Officer: Tuvok

Chief OPS Officer: Harry Kim

Chief of Security: Worf

Helsman: Tom Paris

Chief Engineer: B'Elanna Torres

Chief Medical Officer: Beverly Crusher

Counsellor: Deanna Troi

Deep Space Nine

Commanding Officer: Kira Nerys

1st Officer: Chakotay

Chief OPS Officer: Geordi LaForge

Science Officer: Seven of Nine

Chief of Security: New Guy???

Chief Medical Officer: Jullian Bashir

Counsellor: Ezri Dax

Where's the Enterprise-E? The movie could start with it's dramatic destruction, but the crew surviving. Picard could decide that he's getting old and accept promotion to Admiral following the loss of his ship and all instead of getting a new command.

Well, how would you mix up the TNG/DS9/VOY era crews?

Everything you said sounds very interesting, but I would add one thing. I think that since Geordi was so close to Data and was responsible for his repairs and maintenance, that maybe he would kind of "adopt" B4. I can see B4 hanging out in DS9, sitting on a barstool at Quark's right next to Morn. :rolleyes:

Why are Voyager people on the Titan?

Probably because they've been re-assigned.