Sign in to follow this  
fenriz275

Mundane Mysteries of the Universe

You know those little things in life that we all experience but can't explain? Those things you think about when you're at work and of course you're not thinking about work, I'll give you an example to kick things off.

As I said above I was looking at my keychain and I realized I have a bazillion keys on that thing and I only know what 4 of them go to. Where are all these extra keys coming from? Yes I could just get rid of the useless ones but what if someday I happen across a locked door and one of the discarded keys would have opened it? I'd just kick myself if that happened. The only explaination for all these keys that I can come up with is that they a. seem to breed like tribbles or b. magical locksmith gnomes sneak into my house when I'm asleep and add new keys to my keychain.

That's it, please share your experiences with the Mundane Mysteries of the Universe, and don't think about this to hard, I don't want anyone dying from an aneurysm. :drool: :)

Why is it called a hamburger when it is made of beef?

Why do hot dogs come in packages on 10 while hot dog buns come in packages of 8? (That's from an episode of Animaniacs)

A popular one: Where are all the missing socks? <_<

Right where you left them lol

You'd think, wouldn't you. :assimilated:

A popular one: Where are all the missing socks? <_<

there is special place called ' sock heaven', nobody really knows :assimilated:

A popular one: Where are all the missing socks? 

I think that the combination of heat and spinning in the dryer creates some sort of dimensional gateway. Somwhere in another dimension there's a giant ever growing mountain of socks.

Why does the price of gas always end in 9/10ths of a cent? Shouldn't we get a penny back with every 10 gallons? They charge us the full penny anyway, smells like some kind of scam to me.

You know those little things in life that we all experience but can't explain? Those things you think about when you're at work and of course you're not thinking about work, I'll give you an example to kick things off.

As I said above I was looking at my keychain and I realized I have a bazillion keys on that thing and I only know what 4 of them go to. Where are all these extra keys coming from? Yes I could just get rid of the useless ones but what if someday I happen across a locked door and one of the discarded keys would have opened it? I'd just kick myself if that happened. The only explaination for all these keys that I can come up with is that they a.  seem to breed like tribbles or b.  magical locksmith gnomes sneak into my house when I'm asleep and add new keys to my keychain.

That's it, please share your experiences with the Mundane Mysteries of the Universe, and don't think about this to hard, I don't want anyone dying from an aneurysm. :P  :P

Why is it when you really need to find a particular item, it can't be found anywhere but then you find it later when you are looking for something else??

Also, why do some items mysteriously disappear for days, week or even months (or even years) and then miraculously reappear in the exact same spot where you thought you left them??

Why do we put things in a 'safe spot' so we can remember where they are and then forget where that 'safe spot' is??

I think there is a parallel universe where these things go when we can't find them. They go to this parallel universe for a while and then reappear unexpectedly.

I think all dryers are all interconnected and that is why we always find odd socks in there, when we get the dry clothes out. The socks that have gone missing are probably in somebody elses dryer and that is also why we sometimes find the 'odd socks' that have previously gone missing.

Madam Captain out!!

A popular one: Where are all the missing socks? :P

there is special place called ' sock heaven', nobody really knows :P

Acctually, they end up in a place called the "sock void," which is similiar to the "pen void," "key void," and the guitar player's greatest nusance the "guitar pick void"

Why is it when you really need to find a particular item, it can't be found anywhere but then you find it later when you are looking for something else??

:P This one happens at our house:

Why can't you find something until just after you buy a replacement?

why do I find myself standing in a room in my house with absolutely no idea why I'm there, and I can't remember the last few seconds. Then I start to wonder was I secretly beamed away for a few seconds to be experimented on or is the left side of my brain playing a game with the right side but their both keeping me out of the loop. :P

As I said above I was looking at my keychain and I realized I have a bazillion keys on that thing and I only know what 4 of them go to. Where are all these extra keys coming from? Yes I could just get rid of the useless ones but what if someday I happen across a locked door and one of the discarded keys would have opened it? I'd just kick myself if that happened. The only explaination for all these keys that I can come up with is that they a.  seem to breed like tribbles or b.  magical locksmith gnomes sneak into my house when I'm asleep and add new keys to my keychain.

That's it, please share your experiences with the Mundane Mysteries of the Universe, and don't think about this to hard, I don't want anyone dying from an aneurysm. :huh:  :huh:

A pineapple doesn't contain pine or apples so why does it have that name??

Why is the word abbreviation so long??

Why is it that when we are in a hurry to drive somewhere, we get stuck at every single red light??

A chocolate wheel isn't made of chocolate so how did it get its name??

If an orange is called an orange, why isn't a lemon called a yellow - sorry, that one was lame, I'm tired!

A silverfish isn't silver, nor is it a type of fish and it doesn't live in water so what is up with that??

A butterfly isn't made out of butter so why is it called this??

Madam Captain out!!

can dogs really talk, are they just messing with us because they know they have a sweet deal? I mean they don't have to do anything. I think it's all just a racket they're running on us.

why is a fly called a fly? couldn't anyone come with something a little more original?

are crop circles really just little gray man graffiti?