Sign in to follow this  
Q stole my bike

Improvements on the bridge of a starship

What do you think should come standard on every starship bridge?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should come standard on every starship bridge?

• BIG cupholders
    • seatbelts
    • a wicked surrond sound system
    • better interior decorating
    • satilite TV on the viewscreen
    • extra chairs for the extra people who always end up standing
    • reclining chairs
    • video games on the veiwscreen
    • take-out menus
    • all of the above

I went for seatbelts. I'm tired of seeing poor redshirts thrown all over the place just for effect every time the ship gets hit by the wimpiest of attacks. Airbags would be a nice option, too. I was also thinking they should put soft, rubber corners on all sharp objects such as control panels, seats and railings so that nobody loses an eye.

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

I voted for extra seats. I also like the seatbelt one but that was seen in the extra footage of Nemesis so I count that as already a part of bridge design.

Some of my own ideas:

1. A clear turbolift door (transparent aluminum from Star Trek IV) so that an unwelcome person to the bridge cannot just jump out. If they were hostile, you'd know it before they step out and you could take action. I would even like to see a guard who only allows authorized people throw the door.z

2. A transporter pad (Like on DS9) so that urgent transports could be made without the away team travelling all the way to the transporter room. It wouldn't need to be in the bridge... it could be in a room just behind it perhaps. Quick access is the key.

3. A holographic computer representation for those times when interaction with the computer is neccesary. This "computer hologram" could even be sentient like the Doctor so that it understands queries better; the standard computer is rather dumb. You could even alter the holograms image to confuse someone on the other end of the viewscreen.

4. A small weapons locker for times when the bridge crew needs to arm itself.

Edited by Captain Bolivar

All of the above.

that would be kool to see data playing Command And Conquer on the bridge while picard is sipping his no-caffe latte watching.

Or maybe pong, it would be so old-school :bow:

Picture-in-picture!!! :bow: Watch the big game while under attack.

I'll vote for the extra seats, though.

all the above of course and The lord of the Rings marathons all the time would be nice.....

I voted for a wicked surround sound system so i can blast

out 50 CENT IN DA CLUB as i go to warp 9 and watch as data

gets busy on the view screen..lol

:)

All of the above except; better interior decorating, (the decorating is fine) extra chairs for the extra people who always end up standing (security people on duty should not be sitting around) satellite TV on the view screen, video games on the view screen, a wicked surround sound system & take out menus (that's what the recreation rooms are for) That leaves BIG cup holders, (nothing wrong with having a drink handy) seatbelts & reclining chairs (might as well be safe and comfortable during your watch.) I also like Captain Bolivar ideas.

Oh! Interior decorating. Some nice dark mahogany, stainless steel appliances. Lol. More non-threatening red alert lighting. Lol. Just kidding.

I think they could just use a much less stale environment. They seem so stuck up and unemotional. And reclining seats would be sweet. Lol.

Yes, waiter, I would like Romulan Ale... what do you mean it is illegal?... I am the captain, I want it do as I say... I think I will watch Titanic, we still have a few hours travel time...

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

I chose seatbelts, cause how many ships have yet to get those? I figured on most ships they probably had an access hatch that hid extra chairs. And if you never saw tng; those practically WERE recliners!!!! :drool:

Ant-Gravity Chairs brought to you by the good guys at Mercedes-Benz for the smoothest ride across the stars with extra large cup holders....and if you order now they will throw in plasma screen monitors built into the backs for the little kidds to watch their favorite Disney and Warner Brothers shows!

I think they should put those motion restraint arms they had in the early Star trek movies back on the seats. Or at least create some type of restraining field.

Ant-Gravity Chairs brought to you by the good guys at Mercedes-Benz for the smoothest ride across the stars with extra large cup holders....and if you order now they will throw in plasma screen monitors built into the backs for the little kidds to watch their favorite Disney and Warner Brothers shows!

Oooooo...a Mercedes starship :laugh:

I voted for set belts. All those people getting tossed around for nothing.