Sign in to follow this  
removed

Favorite Original Cast Film

What is your favorite Original Cast film?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Original Cast film?

• ST: TMP
    • ST II: TWOK
    • ST III: TSFS
    • ST IV: TVH
    • ST V: TFF
    • ST VI: TUC

Since I made a 'favorite TNG film' poll, I found it fitting to make an original cast poll. To tell you the truth, I haven't seen ST V or ST VI, but of the ones I have seen, The Wrath of Khan is my favorite. It has everything.

I LUVED the Voyage Home!!

All the Jokes.. the crew interacting in a less technoloy then they are use too..

*McCoy: What is this the Dark Ages?*

the Music and the factthat i LUV the ocean and their mission is to retreive Whales.. hehe

-Laur :D

I absolutely loved the Voyage home. I could watch that movie over and over and over. But when I first read teh back, I thought it had the world's stupidest plot...interesting how they managed to make it work anyway.

The Undiscoverd Country is my all time favorite. I think it's the most complex story they've ever had for a Star Trek film. I also loved the story for Nemesis. Wrath of Khan is my second fav though.

Wrath of Kahn is my favourite Original Cast Film, i have had people i know who don't even like Star Trek say that ST II is an excellent movie, that's how good it is.

I voted for The Voyage Home. I loved the comedy, but I also loved that it tackled an issue of the time, the over-hunting of whales and our treatment of the environment.

I have a feeling that The Wrath of Khan will win but The Undiscovered Country was my favorite. Christopher Plummer did such a great job in that. Also, the Klingons are just so interesting.

Haven't seen any of the originals in AGES! But, I'd have to go with the Wrath of Kahn. I think that it was the best, although Voyage Home rates high on the "FUNNY" factor. You know the Hospital Scene, Spock swimming with the whales, and who could forget..."Double dumb a** on you." or "Hello, Computer?"

I have a feeling that The Wrath of Khan will win but The Undiscovered Country was my favorite. Christopher Plummer did such a great job in that. Also, the Klingons are just so interesting.

I'm so glad someone else finally voted for VI! I've always loved this one the most but it always gets over shadowed by II. Christopher Plummer really was awesome and I think that this movie had the most complex script of any of the first 6 films.

Everyone remember where we parked!

He did too much LDS.

Greacie is pregnant.

Surprise!

I thought i told you never to call me.

I loved this movie! WOK was great too, but i watch this one (VH) often.

I've only seem ST 2 and 4 (and of course all the TNG films), but I liked 4 enough to know that it will always be ONE of my favourites...can't wait to see six. I wanted to rent it the other day, but they didn't have it so i ended up with x-men.

I really didn't like Spocks funeral, though (don't kill me :lol: ). I thought it was drawn-out, over-acted, exaggerated, and out of proportion, and I didn't really like Kirks speech (especially the part about being human...I'm not sure how much of a complement that would have been to Spock...)

I've only seem ST 2 and 4 (and of course all the TNG films), but I liked 4 enough to know that it will always be ONE of my favourites...can't wait to see six. I wanted to rent it the other day, but they didn't have it so i ended up with x-men.

I really didn't like Spocks funeral, though (don't kill me :lol: ). I thought it was drawn-out, over-acted, exaggerated, and out of proportion, and I didn't really like Kirks speech (especially the part about being human...I'm not sure how much of a complement that would have been to Spock...)

I haven't seen many of the TOS movies either.

Regarding your funeral comments, maybe Kirk needed to get some eulogy tips from Ira Graves - "To know him was to love him. Those who knew him loved him, those who didn't know him loved him from afar." ;)

Lol - Wesley: Data, to know him is to love him is to know him?

Data: Perhaps it is best I do not remember.

I picked The Voyage Home because it was nice to have a lighthearted Trek film. I also thought the story was very Trek because it always seems like ST is trying to teach us something. I like it when a story in Trek has a hint of reality to it and can make you think. Nemesis was like that with Shinzon being a clone. When we start cloning humans--watch out. If the movies or episodes deal with something you can relate to or has a possibility of really happening it's just more interesting.

Don't get me wrong. I like Star Trek specifically because it is not reality (some days I have just a little too much reality) and the best episodes are the ones that deal with outer space and exploring and discovering.

Wrath of Khan boy!!!!! Brilliant teaser (is that kirsty alley! in the captain's chair? never!), wonderful use of the Enterprise. Khan back again oh so ggod. A real hornblower as they called it!

Guest Ktrek

I voted for "The Wrath Of Khan". I thought it was a brilliant story after TMP was such a bomb. It was classic Trek all the way and by making a tie-in, to the TOS episode Space Seed, it showed a real desire to give the fans what they wanted and needed. I also like "The Voyage Home" and "The Undiscovered Country" but Wrath gave the impetus so there would be 4 more TOS movies!! :)

Ktrek

ST3: TSFS. I missed seeing it at the theater for some reason which escapes me now :) but when I seen it was being played on Showtime (this was a LONG time ago) I walked to a payphone, (we could not afford a phone then) called the cable company (Hey! Priority’s!) and ordered Showtime because I had to see the resurrection of Spock. This is my most watched ST film of all time at about 50 viewings.

The Voyage Home!! Everything about that movie was great! :laugh::wow:

Angels and ministers of grace defend us - McCoy

Hamlet. Act one, scene four. - Spock

I voted for TWOK cos it is the only TOS film i have seen (i am soon going to remedy this!), which i saw the other day for the first time but i thought it was fabulous "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

I cried so much at the end though :tear: can't wait to see TSFS!

Guest Mike_Hines01

The Voyage Home got my vote, I thought that was great film.

I liked the Wrath of Khan the best but Voyage Home was the funniest when Chekov said "Rank?" "admiral"

"Lds"

"colorful metaphors"

The woman growing a new kidney!!!!!!

"the Dark ages"

Great fun!!!!

Gotta be TUC for me. I think that's probably the most entertaining, edge-of-your-seat, (at least the first several times you watch it :dude: ) Trek movie there is.