Sign in to follow this  
Tina

Greatest Karate themed movies of all TIME!

I love those really cheesy and sometimes downright dumb karate movies

Some are really good

My favorites are

Karate Kid #3

Best of the Best#1

Bloodsport

Kung pow:Enter the fist

and my all time favorite is

Enter the Dragon.(because Bruce lee is the MAN!)

The best MA movie is the Perfect Weapon Staring Jeff Speakman. Awesome movie awesome Martial Artist and the fights are coriographed by the Late Senior Grand Master Edmond. K. Parker the Farther of American Karate.

I like most MA movies but anything to do with Kenpo Karate is my passion being a Kenpo stylest myself.

interesting fact: In Dragon the Bruce Lee Life story the Compatition Mr. Lee entered was the Long Beach international Hosted By mr Parker. in the Movie Mr. Parker was Played by Mr. Edmond Parker Junior (his son)

OMG! you know who jeff Speakman is!~

Howbout Don "The dragon" wilson and Cynthia Rothrock

Their movies are cool :dude: (Especially in spanish!!)

GO MARK DECASCOUS

(Btw am Shon-Ru and Judo)

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

I usually dislike karate films but I loved SUPERCOP. I enjoyed the whole film but that ending action sequence is just the best ever!

OMG! you know who  jeff Speakman is!~

Howbout Don "The dragon" wilson and Cynthia Rothrock

Their movies are cool :dude: (Especially in spanish!!)

GO MARK DECASCOUS

(Btw am Shon-Ru and Judo)

China OBrian Rocks.

And I've even Met Mr. Speakman. He comes to england each year to do seminars.

other MA movies I love include The Last Dragon (Cheese movie) and No retreate no Surender (Very early Van Dam Movie where kid is trained by the ghost of Bruce Lee)

Well noone is perfect MR Alterego

:dude:

other MA movies I love include The Last Dragon (Cheese movie) and No retreate no Surender (Very early Van Dam Movie where kid is trained by the ghost of Bruce Lee)

Yes Bruce lee movies are just great

But i would stay away from the jackie Chan movies

Under seige with Stephen Segal is also good.Although not a MA movie .A great MA star

Some of my favorites (in no particular order):

"The One" (with Jet Li)

"Bulltproof Monk" (Chow Yun Fat)

"The Replacement Killers" (Chow Yun Fat)

"Hard Target" (van Damme)

anything with Chuck Norris

Tina,

I definitely agree about "Under Siege". But any movie with Gary Busey and Tommy Lee Jones as bad guys is bound to be good! :) :)

"Enter the Dragon" was the best in the kung-fu genre I'd have to say, though "Dragon" was a much better flick - I consider it more of a docudrama than an action movie.

Dragon was a total Farse.

Yes I know that its Dramatic licence and I have no problem with it.

My Objection is to the Long beach scene.

the people in the front row did not act like Kenpo Stylests. They whore a Badge that I myself have worn and I know that the we are taught from the first to respect other Arts and there stylests. this gose double when there teacher is in the ring with the man they a jeering and allso Sifu Lee was a very good Friend with Master Parker.

"Enter the Dragon" was the best in the kung-fu genre I'd have to say, though "Dragon" was a much better flick - I consider it more of a docudrama than an action movie.

Dragon was a total Farse.

Yes I know that its Dramatic licence and I have no problem with it.

My Objection is to the Long beach scene.

the people in the front row did not act like Kenpo Stylests. They whore a Badge that I myself have worn and I know that the we are taught from the first to respect other Arts and there stylests. this gose double when there teacher is in the ring with the man they a jeering and allso Sifu Lee was a very good Friend with Master Parker.

Would you mind explaining that in a little more detail? I don't remember the film that well now (I haven't seen it in a long, long time) and so your comments were a bit vague. Also, what badge are you referring to - can you post a link to an example? Were the people in that scene supposed to be Kenpo practitioners?

At any rate, this is one of the only martial arts films I've seen with half-decent acting. If I want to see completely authentic martial arts etiquette, I'll go to a dojo and practise or go and see a competition, not go to the cinema.

Are you guys talking about Enter the dragon

or a movie called Dragon(i have not seen this movie)Is it BAD?

ENTER THE DRAGON ROCKS :dude:

ALL BRUCE LEE FILMS ARE THE BEST FOR ME!!!!!

"Dragon" is a different film. It's a biography (drama) of Bruce Lee's rise to fame and he is played by Scott Lee in the film. Naturally it also contains quite a few scenes featuring martial arts.

I think it's a really good movie. I really like Bruce Lee films because he had such a strong presence and knew how to get the most out of a shot. He was not only a great martial artist, but a fine actor. And yet, I still think even those movies are slightly cheezy since the characters are portrayed in so painfully simple a manner as either pure good guys or villains.

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

OH Dragon:The bruce lee story starring Jason Scott lee

Oh ok..Thats an ok movie..Not as Martial Art oriented but more Biographical(or both)

Karate Kid (the first one, not the following posers).

I guess this wouldn't really count, but I loved "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." Not really karate-themed, but still way cool with everyone running through the trees and across rooftops. Plus, that Chow Yun Fat (don't laugh, I can't spell worth beans!) .... yummm.

"Enter the Dragon" is one of my favorite films. I like Bruce Lee's MA style,and his mastery of various weapons, though I'm not a MA student. I would like to learn, someday. I love Bruce's yell! I also like Adrian Paul, of "Highlander" TV series. That sword -katana? -fighting rocks! I also like the bo staff. Pretty awesome, IMO. :congrats::clap::congrats:

I love those really cheesy and sometimes downright dumb karate movies

Some are really good

My favorites are

Karate Kid #3

Best of the Best#1

Bloodsport

Kung pow:Enter the fist

and my all time favorite is

Enter the Dragon.(because Bruce lee is the MAN!)

162528[/snapback]

I definitely agree. Enter the Dragon is the epitome of martial arts movies. Anything with Bruce Lee is great.