Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

Cardassian ranks

Hi, I'm in the middile of writing a fan-fiction and I've hit upon a small problem. I don't know any ranks except for 'Gul'... can anyone tell me any other ranks... what rank was Dukat when he was demoted from 'Gul' and put in charge of a freighter?

The only others I've heard of are glinn and legate. I'm not even sure if legate is a military rank. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I'm sure there are others that know more.

Dukat was still a Gul; he was just given a demeaning assignment.

Legit is the next step up from Gul. Glinn, I THINK, is the step above that.

actually tango fleet is down and the link is actually displayed there under the RPg ranks I think...

- Military: Flag Officer -

- Comparison shown against Starfleet -

Insignia Title Comparison Rank

Fi'ta Gul

Vi-ria Gul

Vi'kar Gul

Ri'en Gul

Ri'ta Gul

http://www.rpg-insignias.co.uk/html-pages/.../cardassian.htm

- Military: Line Officer -

Gul

Gilnn

Gil

Glen

Kara

D'ja

- Military: Enlisted Officer -

Ja

Ja'ral

Ja'rel

Chi

Chi'ral

Chi'rel

Iral

If you like more infomation on different kinds of commanding ranks pleae visit:

www.section31.com and visit the place called the helix bbs which is the message board for section 31.

actually tango fleet is down and the link is actually displayed there under the RPg ranks I think...

- Military: Flag Officer -

Fi'ta Gul

Vi-ria Gul

Vi'kar Gul

Ri'en Gul

Ri'ta Gul

http://www.rpg-insignias.co.uk/html-pages/.../cardassian.htm

- Military: Line Officer -

Gul

Gilnn

Gil

Glen

Kara

D'ja

- Military: Enlisted Officer -

Ja

Ja'ral

Ja'rel

Chi

Chi'ral

Chi'rel

Iral

Cool. I ldidn't know that about Cardassian military ranks. Thanks for the info.

Not sure if these are canon or not but...

Cardassian Ranks

Gorr

Gorr is a Cardassian military rank title, one of the lowest named ranks in use in the 24th century by the Cardassian Guard agency of the Cardassian Central Command.

Garresh

Garresh make up the vast bulk of the military. Garresh is a Cardassian enlisted rank title which, in translation to Federation Standard, is approximately equivalent to a non-commissioned officer of comparable military or naval service organizations, such as Starfleet.

Gil

Gil (sometimes seen as Kel) is a Cardassian officer rank title which, in translation to Federation Standard, is approximately equivalent to an ensign of comparable military or naval service organizations, such as Starfleet. Gil is either a non-commissioned officer or junior officer rank. Space stations typically carry enough lifeboats only for personnel down to, and including, the rank of Gil.

Glinn

Glinn is a Cardassian officer rank title which, in translation to Federation Standard, is approximately equivalent to a lieutenant of comparable military or naval service organizations, such as Starfleet. Glinn is a staff officer rank.

Dalin

Dalin is a Cardassian officer rank title which, in translation to Federation Standard, is approximately equivalent to a lieutenant commander of comparable military or naval service organizations, such as Starfleet. The title of dalin was in use in the 24th century by the Cardassian Guard agency of the Cardassian Central Command.

Dal

Dal is a Cardassian officer rank title which, in translation to Federation Standard, is approximately equivalent to a commander of comparable military or naval service organizations, such as Starfleet.

Gul

Gul is a Cardassian officer rank title which, in translation to Federation Standard, is approximately equivalent to a ship's captain of comparable military or naval service organizations, such as Starfleet. Gul is a command officer rank. Guls hold command ranging in size from vessels to Orders (approx. 500,000 personnel).

Jagul

Jagul is a Cardassian flag officer rank title which, in translation to Federation Standard, is approximately equivalent to a commodore or rear admiral of comparable military or naval service organizations, such as Starfleet.

Legate

Legate is a 24th century Cardassian officer rank title which is approximately equivalent to an admiral of comparable military or naval service organizations, such as Starfleet. Legate is the highest rank in the Cardassian military, and while it resembles the rank of Admiral in some respects, it is more of a political position than a rank. Since the Cardassian government is a military-controlled stratocracy, Legates serve both military and governmental functions simultaneously.

Then why was Dukat in charge of the entire Cardassian empire if his rank was only Gul?

Colonel Gaddafi runs Libya and still uses Colonel. Perhaps he just likes the sound of that rank...maybe Legate is too "political" Gul is a military rank, more in touch with the people.