Sign in to follow this  
spiddy

captain picard

I don't need to say how I feel about Jean-Luc. He's a fantastic captain and a excellent diplomat. He's just... perfect. I love him. :assimilated:

(Though I, of course, respect people who don't like him. :grin: )

Mrs. Captain Picard

(Though I, of course, respect people who don't like him.  :assimilated: )

Especially the female ones eh? Less competition :grin:

(Though I, of course, respect people who don't like him.  :grin: )

Especially the female ones eh? Less competition :grin:

Exactly! You really can read my mind, can't you? :assimilated::assimilated:

Picard is my favourite captain. He can do it all. He can be the master diplomat and can kick butt with the best of them. He's intelligent but doesn't make others feel inferior by goading it over them. He's sexier than Kirk too, IMO.

Don't worry Mrs. Picard, Data and Lore are still my men of choice. LOL

Jeez, this is the easiest question ever!!

Picard is a GREAT Captain

Whether it was facing down Commander Tomaluk (again!!) , standing up to the Cardassian interrogator, living a life in Kataan or figuring out the Tamarrian language, Picard is awesome.

And anyone who thinks he is only talk, watch "The High Ground"

The terrorist leader beams onto the Bridge and what does Picard ask him??

Nothing! because he was too busy hitting him!!

*imitates Picard* Yes number one, I take great pride in being the best Star Trek has ever seen. Also, I think we all should appreciate Vulcans more *in normal voice* I agree captain

Picard is definitely one of the most well-written characters in Trek history. He is a great leader, strong and intelligent and not afraid to listen to other peoples opinions as well.

Picard is definitely one of the most well-written characters in Trek history. He is a great leader, strong and intelligent and not afraid to listen to other peoples opinions as well.

That says it all. Picard didnt go out looking for fights but when it was time to battle he came out swinging.

just one comment he was great as i said before but.... sometimes if you think about it, its funny watching an englishman play a frenchman who drinks earl grey tea and reads moby (Please stop me from cursing) and shakespear..

His French is actually very good (watch the episodes 'Disaster' or '11001001' and you'll see what I mean)... :laugh:

The tea-drinking habit was established because Pat is English (as a little joke, I assume), Jean-Luc's love for Shakespeare is a personal thing Pat brought into the role of Captain Picard. And Gene Roddenberry wanted a Frenchman to play the role - but Pat was so perfect for it that Gene had to change his mind. B) B) B)

Mrs. Captain Picard

Captain Picard is the best Captain of them all. He is probably one of the main reasons why I love ST:TNG so much, as far as a Captain goes he is the complete package(Intelligent, Diplomatic and very open-minded).

Edited by Sman

Picard is the Best played by the Best on the best Ship in the Best series of the Best TV Show ever. He Is the BEST

Picard was probably the most by the book Captain out of everyone. He broke the rules less than any of the other Captains and he was definitely the most dipomatic, while Sisko, as an example, was more military-esque.

Edited by ~Crims~

i love tng but i never liked picard he's not near gutsy enough he should be more like kirk

Picard was gusty enough. He went by the book a lot. He thought before he acted. I wonder how would Kirk face the borg? I know this not a far question, but Kirk would not do well.

lol i think kirk wood probably go in single-handedly against the odds.... make out with the borg queen then while she believes that he is 'with her' he blows the damned ship to high heavens