Sign in to follow this  
Jik'el Koshie

When's the next Star Trek movie?

Hey all

If you love the Star Trek movies, do you think there will be more coming after the Star Trek: The Next Generation? Deep Space Nine? Voyager? Enterprise?

-------------

I am who I am, nothing more

If you think I am not who I am, don't think

Oh, living in the Void is a Void at all

I am but a Dreamer, nothing more

Stuck up people are stupid

People who have no idea who Im talking about, don't bother

There are currently no plans for another Trek movie as far as we know, however, Rick Berman did say that there will be an 11th movie. :assimilated:

NEMESIS is probably the last TNG movie, but a 5th is possible. DS9 & VOY being used for #11 is also unlikely, but possible. The most likely possibility is that #11 will be either a VOY or a mixed-crew movie. :assimilated:

I'll be interested to see if they decide to make any more movies. If they had stuck to the Trek formula for ST X then this likely wouldn't be an issue.

My personal view is that we should see at least one more TNG (I'm sure Mr Stewart would be interested in a good script and wage) and then pass the feature films on to Enterprise.

My opinion as well.

The Trek formula?  :clap:

Nemesis was more like a Star Wars movie in how if "felt". To me anyway. They used an outside director and it just didn't "feel" like Star Trek to me.

Talking about passing the torch, the idea from Star Trek: Generations was a good one. lets say there is going to be a Voyager Movie, you open it with a welcome home scene (Continuation of Endgame), and maybe have the TNG cast there for some reason or another.

Talking about passing the torch, the idea from Star Trek: Generations was a good one. lets say there is going to be a Voyager Movie, you open it with a welcome home scene (Continuation of Endgame), and maybe have the TNG cast there for some reason or another.

That's a good idea, but why set the movie right after "Endgame", especiall since we saw Janeway as an Admiral in NEMESIS?

I think that the next movie could end up being Enterprise because they are the only crew that isn't separated. Most people on Voyager aren't even starfleet... and DS9 would not appeal to the general audience. Enterprise however has an established movie actor as a captain, sex appeal for the general audience, and doesn't rely on too much back story. Also if the series does last 7 years they would still not have reached the forming of the Federation which would take place about 3 years after the series ends which would conincide with a good time to produce and Enterprise movie.

While Voyager is not my favorite series I would like to see how the crew faired after Endgame (I could just read homecoming I guess).

DS9 would also be good but in a way I kind of feel that it the series fullfilled itself so well that no movie could do it justice.

I think that the next movie could end up being Enterprise because they are the only crew that isn't separated.  Most people on Voyager aren't even starfleet... and DS9 would not appeal to the general audience.  Enterprise however has an established movie actor as a captain, sex appeal for the general audience, and doesn't rely on too much back story.  Also if the series does last 7 years they would still not have reached the forming of the Federation which would take place about 3 years after the series ends which would conincide with a good time to produce and Enterprise movie. 

While Voyager is not my favorite series I would like to see how the crew faired after Endgame (I could just read homecoming I guess). 

DS9 would also be good but in a way I kind of feel that it the series fullfilled itself so well that no movie could do it justice.

I don't think we'll see an ENT movie before some kind of TNG, DS9, VOY, mixed-crew or new-crew movie. ENT is an awesome SCI-FI show, but I don't see Paramount investing a movie in it any time soon. Maybe after it ends it's 7-year-run it could do a movie, but I don't want to wait that long. :dude:

Voyager could easilly do a movie, only Chakotay, B'Elanna, and Seven weren't officially Starfleet, but I'm sure Chakotay would remain in Starfleet, Seven might go to the Acadamy after not being accepted on Earth, and they could find a way to work in B'Elanna some how.

As for DS9, I think the producers ended the show without the intention of doing a movie, but left a few arcs dangling just incase. Sure, half the cast left the station, but they do have two options: bring them back with creative writing or introduce a few new characters.

Yes, Scott Bakula could help launch an ENT movie should one be made, but sex appeal might actually hurt the box office. Most sci-fi fans hate sex appeal. There's nothing wrong with pretty faces, outfits that show off a female's figure, and some kissing, just as long as it doesn't get sexual. I think backstory is important, look what it did for ST:FC! :assimilated: However, they would need a writer who can write a movie to fit into the arc and at the same time work as a stand-alone movie for those who didn't keep up with the series. All the other Trek movies managed this, so I'm sure an ENT movie could too.

I think that if ENT does a movie, it should be a trilogy - an end of Romulan war movie, a founding of the UFP movie, and then a final TCW story movie. Maybe they could tie these three stories together some how? :assimilated:

Well, I don't think a "how the crew faired when they got home" story would work as a movie. A plot dealing with the Delta Quadrant where the crew is "reassembled" to deal with a situation they have experrience with, not neccessarily an over-the-top villian with an uber-weapon ship, might be good for #11.

I kind'a agree with DS9, the story ended in a way that a movie isn't neccessary. I'd like to see one, but I feel the DS9 story is complete while VOY's story was left open.

Yes, Scott Bakula could help launch an ENT movie should one be made, but sex appeal might actually hurt the box office.  Most sci-fi fans hate sex appeal.

All of the Sci-Fi fans I personally know would disagree with that assessment. Sex Appeal is involved in almost all aspects of life, some people may choose to ignore it but it is there.

Yes, Scott Bakula could help launch an ENT movie should one be made, but sex appeal might actually hurt the box office.  Most sci-fi fans hate sex appeal.

All of the Sci-Fi fans I personally know would disagree with that assessment. Sex Appeal is involved in almost all aspects of life, some people may choose to ignore it but it is there.

Well, maybe I'm misinterpretting what sex appeal is. How do you define sex appeal, becuase to me, sex appeal equals partial or frontal nudity and sexual suggestive themes. Maybe I've the wrong idea of what sex appeal is? :dude:

Sex Appeal doesn't mean nudity or perversion. Sex Appeal can be as simple as lip stick on a female character or shoulder pads on a male character. The style of shoes used can be sex appeal. The way a woman bats her eyes or the way a man may portray a character is sex appeal. It's all perceptions. You really need to get past the word "Sex" being a "bad" thing.

Sex Appeal doesn't mean nudity or perversion. Sex Appeal can be as simple as lip stick on a female character or shoulder pads on a male character. The style of shoes used can be sex appeal. The way a woman bats her eyes or the way a man may portray a character is sex appeal. It's all perceptions. You really need to get past the word "Sex" being a "bad" thing.

I don't consider sex a bad thing, I just don't see what any of that has anything to do with sexuallity. :dude:

I don't consider sex a bad thing, I just don't see what any of that has anything to do with sexuallity. :dude:

Then I'm afraid I'm not qualified to help.

I don't consider sex a bad thing, I just don't see what any of that has anything to do with sexuallity. :grin:

Then I'm afraid I'm not qualified to help.

Why are we all talking about sex appeals? :assimilated:

Why are we all talking about sex appeals? :grin:

It did get just a wee bit off topic didn't it? blah.gif

Also if the series does last 7 years they would still not have reached the forming of the Federation which would take place about 3 years after the series ends which would conincide with a good time to produce and Enterprise movie. 

I don't think we'll see an ENT movie before some kind of TNG, DS9, VOY, mixed-crew or new-crew movie.  ENT is an awesome SCI-FI show, but I don't see Paramount investing a movie in it any time soon.  Maybe after it ends it's 7-year-run it could do a movie, but I don't want to wait that long. :grin:

Granted that would be a long wait, but if you refer to my post again you'll see that I didn't say that paramount would want to make and ENT movie anytime soon... I said it would probably be 7 years from now. It's possible they could make one on the other series between now and then but I think after Nemesis they will choose to wait.

Well, I don't think a "how the crew faired when they got home" story would work as a movie.  A plot dealing with the Delta Quadrant where the crew is "reassembled" to deal with a situation they have experrience with, not neccessarily an over-the-top villian with an uber-weapon ship, might be good for #11.

The "how the crew faired when they got home" idea should have been futher elaborated on. I didn't mean that they do a movie just after Endgame but later on. We would still see how they faired but I also am of the thinking that they should return to the Delta Quadrant. My thinking would be that they could create a Voyager-A with a prototype slipstream drive. The show could involve Neelix and maybe even Kes.

Edited by Captain Bolivar

I've actually thought about writing a script for a VOY movie about an evolved Kes, the Ocampan people, using the Kazon as the villians, and having Q in the story as a mentor to Kes. I know people aren't crazy about the Kazon, but if written right, they could make interresting villians. The "plot" would be Kes asking Janeway to bring Voyager back to Ocampa with their new slipstream drive so that they can help her save her people from the Kazon.

Oh and Mrs. Picard, please tell you husband hello and please ask him to call me on subspace :laugh: Thanks

I will do so when he returns from the nightshift on the bridge (but only if I am still awake then. :laugh: )

And I agree with you on that TNG movie thing. Would be great - but let's wait what the writers come up with. :laugh:

He is on nightshift? wow, make sure Beverly doesn't catch him or she will order him to go to get off the bridge! :laugh:

Edited by TSonofvulcan

He is on nightshift? wow, make sure Beverly doesn't catch him or she will order him to go to get off the bridge! :laugh:

*tries to stay away from getting off topic, but cannot resist*

Beverly is of no concern since I have made myself clear that she has to stay away from him or she will have a small... "accident". :laugh:

*vanishes now* :laugh: