Sign in to follow this  
livlonganprospe

Trek Encounters

I'm just curious of how many people on this site encountered there favorite Trek actors. I only meet two, during the 80's at a convention in LA. one was Majel Barrett, she was signing a photo and Brent Spiner in costume also an embarrassing moment for me because while in the crowed corridors of the bonaventure I was trying to find out when the next show was playing and while turning around I firmly bumped into him while he was signing autografts. Till this day I still feel like an idiot, :martok: otherwise I was happy to be there.

Any body else have a story?

i've only met three of them and that was last year and two different occasions. i met robert picardo and ethan phillips at a convention. i gave each of them a postcard of my hometown with a thank you note on it. i also met william shatner he was doing a charity boat ride and i stood on the dock for two hours in the rain to meet him.

tm :garak:

I've only been to one convention (when I was a kid), and Walter Koenig was the guest. While we were eating lunch, we noticed he was sitting in the booth backing right up to ours. As I recall, though, he was incredibly rude to a person who walked up and asked for an autograph. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. :garak:

For all I know, I could've passed Bill Shatner a couple of times and not known it; his home and horse farm is less than an hour from me.

Stardate:214186.2

I met William Shatner,Patrick Stewart, and James Doohan(Kirk,Picard,Scotty) at a autograph session shortly after Generations came out.Shatner and Doohan were really nice but Stewart was either rude or just not in a good mode that day it semmed

I parked next to Wallace Shawn (Grand Nagus Zek) once in Pennsylvania when I was on vacation. Does that count? He was in his car, talking to his agent or someone on the phone, and arguing about a role he was/n't getting.

I met William Shatner once before I was even into trek, so I didn't know it was him :garak:. I was like 6 and he was visiting my hometown for some reason, and I just remember my dad going isn't that William Shatner.

I,ve never met anyone either...I went to a small convention here

in Vulvan Alberta..but no one was there....it was fun anyway for a

day trip.

I have never been to a convention or met any Trek actors. My flatmate has been to a few conventions, two in Perth, Western Australia and one in Melbourne. She saw Rene Auberjonois at one and Ethan Phillips at another one (although it was meant to be Robert Picardo but he couldn't make it at the last minute so Ethan attended instead). She saw Kate Mulgrew and Rene Auberjonois at the Melbourne convention. She said Rene was great but Kate was absolutely fantastic. Kate Mulgrew also attended a convention in Sydney, Australia and I read a com report written by a woman who went to see her. This particular woman went with another friend and they got autographs and even went to the cocktail party afterwards. They were waiting for Kate to arrive at the cocktail party for about ten minutes and then realised she was already there, talking to someone behind them!!

Madam Captain out!!

I personally go to only a few conventions because of the few scheduled in Houston..... But I go whenever I can.... Most conventions I go to the guest doesn't show up so......

I've had the great experience of meeting the Great Bird of the Galaxy himself some years ago just before the idea of Star Trek conventions took off. It was in Milwaukee and Gene came to give a speech about science fiction and the direction it was heading. This was in 1975 in Milwaukee and just before the Star Wars craze hit the country. I got to shake his hand and tell him how much I appreciated his vision of Star Trek and to tell him that I hoped it would return in either series or movie format. A truly landmark moment in my young life at the time. Presently, I have the pleasure of working regularly with an old TOS alumni extra. Mr. Derek Partridge, who played on of the extras in "Platos Children" is one of our voices in my studio's stable of voice actors. He was the dark haired individual with the blue patterned toga in the episode. I have his still up on my studio wall. Other than that all my glimpses of Star Trek Alumni have been at long distance since I don't get out to too many conventions.

I havnt met any or been to any conventions :wow:

I'm just curious, have there ever been any ST. conventions in Canada?

There are usually a couple of conventions in Toronto that usually have Trek actors/actresses at them.

Toronto Trek is being held July 2 to 4, 2004. There will be more guests added. I think the only Trek personality at it last year was Linda Park but I'm not sure. Here is a link to their website:

Toronto Trek 18

Unfortunately, it appears that this year's Toronto Sci-fi Con has been cancelled due to scheduling conflicts.

I've met James Doohan(Scotty), George Takei(Sulu), Tim Russ(Tuvok), Armin Shimerman(Qurak), Max Godencek(Rom),Patrick Stewart(Picard), Walter Koeneg(Checkov), William Campbell(Trelane), and the late DeForrest Kelly(McCoy)

I havnt met any or been to any conventions <_<

I'm just curious, have there ever been any ST. conventions in Canada?

There are usually a couple of conventions in Toronto that usually have Trek actors/actresses at them.

Toronto Trek is being held July 2 to 4, 2004. There will be more guests added. I think the only Trek personality at it last year was Linda Park but I'm not sure. Here is a link to their website:

Toronto Trek 18

Unfortunately, it appears that this year's Toronto Sci-fi Con has been cancelled due to scheduling conflicts.

Thanks, I'm plannig a well deserved vacation this summer and July is perfect. :waaaa: It will probably still be in July sometime, anyway I always wanted to see Canada.

Edited by livlonganprospe

She said Rene was great but Kate was absolutely fantastic.

Agreed. Although Voyager is not my favourite Trek I must admit that she was a great entertainer on stage.

I haven't been to any Trek conventions or had any Trek encounters myself. I would love to see Kate Mulgrew on stage too, my flatmate said that time stood still for the whole time she was up there!! I'm a bit jealous!

Madam Captain out!!