Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

The Darkness and the Light

Last night, I saw The Darkness and the Light again and this, like most of the other episodes in season 5 is one of the most underrated episodes of the series. I loved the usage between Darkness and Light in terms of innocence and guilt, and the fact that finally we got to see the Old Kira again. I guess with the baby, Visitor wanted to take it easy, but it was nice to see her kick *buttocks* again. Heck, this might be one of Visitor's best performences not just being she was back to her old self, but the scene in the infermiry when Kira is talking to Odo about how she joined the resistance was just brilliant.

The guy who played Prin was Randy Oglesby. Is he the same guy (Same name) who plays Degra in Enterprise?

Also, do you think Shakaar should have played some role in this show. Sure he is the prime misister of Bajor, but it would have been nice to see the "old" Shakaar back from "Shakaar." If Prin was attacking former members of the cell, one would think the leader would be somewhat involved. ;)

What do you guys think about the episode?

I felt that The Darkness and the Light was a good episode, the ending was much better than the rest of it... its not one of my fav DS9 episodes though im sry just not into Kira all that much

I enjoy this episode, and I agree that the scene in the Infirmary is one of Visitor's best. I had a "disturbing episode marathon" last Halloween, and included this DS9 ep in with all sorts of others from various shows. It definitely fit right in!

No one else has thoughts on this episode, or thoughts on Shakaar being not in this one? It really is an underrated gem.

Oh, it doesn't give me nightmares or anything, but the scenes with Kira in the stasis field in the end, with him circling the bed, always in the dark and eulogizing her could be a little on the creepy side. Then he reveals himself to be a "monster."

Ok, I'm not a horror fan, so my marathon was a laugh to a lot of people. It was just Halloween-related in my head.

TOS: Catspaw

DS9: The Light and the Darkness

Magnum P.I.: Can't remember the title quickly - he meets a ghost in an abandoned estate

Magnum P.I.: Works with a psychic; she has flashes of a body in a grave. Scared me when I was younger

Mission: Impossible (The new one): One about banshees in Ireland. Creepy.

DS9: AUGH! I don't have the set here, so I can't look up the episode name. Bashir grows old in his own mind.

Simon and Simon: The one with their doubles - Rick has premonitions in nightmares

There were others - I spent the day cleaning the living room, washing carpets, etc., so I had the tv going all day. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I also watched ghost shows on the Travel Channel that night. :dude:

WHY CAN'T I THINK OF TITLES TODAY?