Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Star Trek Mannerisms

I have found myself saying "Make it so" on the odd occassion, recieving strange looks from my friends afterwards.

I raise my eyebrow, straighten my shirt, stroke my beard like Riker. When I'm leaving in my van with family I say Engage or Warp factor 5.5 for 55MPH. I use the word logic allot. I could go on and on.

Whoa, and I thought I was crazy for mimmicing manerisms from Star Trek characters. Although, I do it anyway, and I know now that I am not crazy-I'm just like all of you. Cool!

Let's see. Obviously using contractions isn't a problem for me, but I do plenty of other things: I raise my eyebrow sometimes, and I often tell my friends that they are not being logical even though they look at me like I'm crazy. (Logic isn't a popular thing among seventh graders, but I find myself being logical a lot since I became a Trek fan a few years ago, and I like it.) It is not uncommon for me to perform the Picard maneuver, I say goodbye to people with the Vulcan Salute and a "Live Long and Prosper", and sometimes I say "come". I haven't ever argued with my seventh grade science teacher about aspects of Star Trek technology, because he's a fan as well, but I have argued with teachers about such things in the past. That's about all I can think of. I've never trieb Earl Grey tea, but I'm thinking about asking mom about it.....

People get annoyed when I say live long and prosper and do the hand thing. :wacko: :P

People get annoyed when I say live long and prosper and do the hand thing. :o :P

263929[/snapback]

Lol, I do that too much. My friends wave, I do the Vulcan salute. My English teacher once reminded me that contractions would be a welcome sight in my essays and compositions, I was so shocked when I re-read my essays and found that there were close to no contractions in them

I named my fighter fish after the male Voyager Bridge crew, and my hamsters after the females.

I say "Come" and "Enter" too much, as well, and stuff like "Engage," "Make it so," and "Just do it."

:wacko:

And I speak like a Borg at times =D

I drink and enjoy Earl Grey. I pull my shirt like Picard sometimes. Make it so once in a while... and when I'm surprise, I'd raise my eye brow. I greet people in church on Sundays with, "Live long and prosper". I shaved my head a couple of times and pretend I'm Picard. I sometimes change the TV channels with what I imagine as a phaser. I sometimes greet friends in email with "Q'pla" and say "It is a good day to die." when I'm kill in a computer game.

I think I'm gonna get some tea now. Earl Grey. Hot!

I forgot a couple of things- I'm always saying "interesting". that's not the same word Spock uses, I use it just like he does. Oh, and I answer my teachers "aye sir" or "aye ma'am" even though my friends tell me not to. The teachers don't care, so I do it. It used to be on purpose, but now I answer teachers that way without even thinking about it.

Oh I constantly move my head like Data. Always. It seems to be more efficient.

And I say "Make it so".

Edited by sea trooper

make it so is a great phrase, which is stuck in my head. but, i don't think that i've ever used it. i do however use the word empathic, i don't think i knew what it meant before tng.

Edited by trekker

I think that everyone unconsciously does "the Picard maneuver." I know I do! And I can do the Vulcan eyebrow thing, too, though I'm trying to learn how to do it with the other eyebrow. After 10 years, no luck.

When somebody knocks on the bedroom door I'll catch myself saying "come".

If I did that, I'd probably get slapped. Either by my girlfriend, or whichever one of her sisters knocked on the door. :flowers::naughty::flowers::flowers::naughty:

Edited by wishfire