Sign in to follow this  
mj

Disney's Enchanted

I recently saw Enchanted again on DVD ( I had seen it a while ago at the $2.50 theater, which went out of business recently).

Most people have seen Disney's Snow White, and other such animated fairy tales, and if you can imagine Snow White converted into flesh and blood, and then transported to New York City, you've got the movie Enchanted.

Giselle is the hapless 'princess-to-be' transported to New York by her fiance's evil stepmother, the Queen. She is

'rescued' from her confused wanderings by the cynical Robert and his 5-year-old daughter. It's a funny film. I laughed all the way through.

Some favorite scenes: 1) Giselle decides to call for help from NY animals to clean up Robert's apartment, and so the animals that come include pigeons, rats, and cockroaches, instead of the cute little robins, bluebirds, sparrows, deer, rabbits, chipmunks that she lived with in the woods. Giselle observes 'Well, we have to make new friends," then

bursts into the 'happy working song' and they all clean up the apartment.

2)At one point the frustrated Robert declares "it's like you escaped from a Hallmark card!"

3) All the scenes with Giselle's loyal friend, the chipmunk Pip, and the queen's evil henchman are fun.

It's silly and fun, and of course, everyone except the evil queen lives happily ever after, though with different people than who they started with!

I saw it a long time ago and enjoyed it very much. I'll probably actually buy it someday, maybe when I find it in the $5 bin at WalMart.

Yeah, I enjoyed the animals cleaning the apartment very much as well, and I believe I remember watching a special feature about how that was filmed included on the DVD. It was not an easy task.

The theme of our son and (future) daughter in-law's wedding is this movie.

You're so lucky they have everything planned. My oldest is engaged and she can't even decide on a date. She does have a dress picked out though.

I haven't seen it but I must admit that I'm not overly fond of Amy Adams.

I didn't like her that much either until this film. I definitely think she nailed this part, instead of her typical getting nailed in a film.

I loved this movie, so fun, and the songs are catchy and get stuck in your head, much like the Disney songs when they created good films, like Little Mermaid, Hercules & Tarzan.

I loved this movie and I thought Amy Adams was fantastic - I'd never seen her in any thing before and she really did this part well.

I laughed a lot too - especially those entrances through the manhole