Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Name the City, Name the Show

Here's another game idea.

Person one names a city (or state) - the next person names a TV series (current or retired) that was located in that city (even if not actually filmed there). Then you pick a new location for the next person

Example:

New York City

Answer

NYPD Blue

or

Example:

Kansas

Answer:

Smallville

Okay Let's Begin,

San Diego (CA)

the wire

vancouver, BC (canada)

I'm guessing one of jPod , Da Vinci's Inquest, or Da Vinci's City Hall. None of which I watch and had to double check the settings. Hopefully I'm not wrong.

Toronto, Ontario

(the show I'm thinking of has never actually stated the city but it's generally assumed it's Toronto. Also, it is currently on and is aired in the United States).

My guess is that is a clue for one specific show - which really wasn't my intent by starting this game - by picking places like Nevada or Miami - there are several possible answers - so you just pick one and leave the next clue. I even did an internet search to see if I could find a show based in Eureka, CA.

The series Eureka is never specific about what state it is in - and it is a fictional Eureka regardless.

I've never heard of a show named Eureka... at least not that I remember. There was a show in the 80's set in Eureka, Ca. SInce no one seems to remember it I'll name it and the next person to post can pick a city for the next guess.

Just the Ten of Us was the show I was thinking of.

The series focuses on Graham Lubbock (Bill Kirchenbauer), a conservative Catholic gym teacher, who would flip-out anytime a boy looked at one of his daughters, at the high school that Growing Pains characters Mike and Carol Seaver (Kirk Cameron, Tracey Gold) had attended; and the father of eight children.

In the pilot episode (which aired on Growing Pains in the spring of 1988), Graham's job is in jeopardy, in part due to district budget cutbacks. Mike leads a protest after he learns that Lubbock is trying to support a large family (including a newborn baby). Word of this spreads, and Graham's fate is sealed; he loses his job. However, he is soon offered a job at St. Augustine's Academy, an all-boys private Catholic school in Eureka, California. Graham promptly moves his family to California.

Never Heard of it

Eureka - is a currently on air program (or at least I think it is coming back for another season on Scifi.) It's worth checking out - it can best be described as a scifi dramedy - a secret town on the cutting edge of scientific research - with quirky characters and a semi-reluctant sheriff.

Let's pick up with something easy =

Miami (there are several - at least two currently on the air)