Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Glass Structures on the moon?

ok, well, i work at seven eleven, and there is this conspiracy nut that comes in every saturday.. well, anyways, i was talking with him today and he tells me about this thing that Richard hoagland came up with.. glass structures on the moon. It sounds crazy, which is what i thought, but then i started looking at the photos, and i couldn't quite tell why there were some shapes on there.. here, i have taken the liberty of taking some of the pictures and editing them so you can see what i mean. Please, if there is a logical explanation to all this tell me so that i can be at rest, because it really bugs me. if i have done it wrong, tell me, anything! just someone explain some of it to me!!!

The url's to the original images are as follows:

post-717-1226831156_thumb.jpg

post-717-1226831181_thumb.jpg

Pic 1: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/...S11-40-5886.jpg

Pic 2: http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AS11-40-5873HR.jpg

I don't see any glass structures and it doesn't sound like anything Richard Hoagland would claim.

BTW....welcome back, Wally.

well, what hoagland claimed was that if you look into the picture of the aldrin posing for a picture, it shows his face mask as being gold, giving off a reflection. well, if you look into that reflection, supposedly, you can see a shadow that doesn't belong to anything in the scene, and so he (hoagland) supposedly figures that it is coming from behind aldrin [in front of the camera man] and it is a glass structure that is hanging 9 miles up off the surface of the moon.

picture of aldrin: http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images...11_40_5903.html

There is a glass structure on the moon in those pictures, the camera lens. You're seeing the effects of the sun reflecting off the glass in the camera lens.

Please, if there is a logical explanation to all this tell me so that i can be at rest, because it really bugs me. if i have done it wrong, tell me, anything! just someone explain some of it to me!!!

The effect of the sunlight on the camera.

well, what hoagland claimed was that if you look into the picture of the aldrin posing for a picture, it shows his face mask as being gold, giving off a reflection. well, if you look into that reflection, supposedly, you can see a shadow that doesn't belong to anything in the scene, and so he (hoagland) supposedly figures that it is coming from behind aldrin [in front of the camera man] and it is a glass structure that is hanging 9 miles up off the surface of the moon.

picture of aldrin: http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images...11_40_5903.html

I see no unexplainable shadow...

1.JPG

i also see no shadow, but he says it is there... and also, if you look at the second picture i posted, the one with the lander in it.. yo ucan see that that the supposed "light effect from the sunon the camera" goes BEHIND the lander, which, if it is as people pointed out, the sun's effect on the camera, would it not go in front of the lander.

i also see no shadow, but he says it is there... and also, if you look at the second picture i posted, the one with the lander in it.. yo ucan see that that the supposed "light effect from the sunon the camera" goes BEHIND the lander, which, if it is as people pointed out, the sun's effect on the camera, would it not go in front of the lander.

It is in front of it you nit, only any lens distortions are masked by the detail of the lander itself.

Ask yourself what is more likely:

1. We landed on the moon

2. We got the entire rest of the world to think we landed on the moon, and not a single person has talked.

I have an episode of Mythbusters on my TiVo that goes through a bunch of the "hoax" theories, when I have time I'll pull it off the TiVo and put it up on YouTube for you to see. It busts several myths.