Sign in to follow this  
who

SMALLVILLE

Big NEWS!!

On the back of yesterday's announcement that The CW has renewed "Smallville" for a 9th season, the Superman Homepage did some digging to find out just who will be returning in Season 9.

A source well positioned to know about these things told the Superman Homepage that at this point in a TV series Warner Bros. requires main cast members to sign a 2 year contract. Therefore Allison Mack (Chloe Sullivan), Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy Olsen) and Erica Durance (Lois Lane) were all signed on for a possible 9th season when they negotiated their contracts at the beginning of Season 8.

So, with Tom Welling's original contract having been for 8 seasons, his new contract (signed for season 9) would most likely also be a 2 year deal, meaning there could potentially be a season 10!

Well, Steven, looks like your wishes may have come true-and I bet you know what I am referring to! Lana now is imbued with-oh, what if you somehow DIDN'T see the last ep-well, anyway....definite changes!

The EW's "Ausiello Files" reports that two characters will die in the final episode of the current season of "Smallville".

Multiple sources confirm to me exclusively that two pivotal characters will bite the dust in this May's season finale. And in a bit of a departure for Smallville, both deaths will stick. "These characters will die and they will stay dead," maintains my insider. "This is the real deal."

Of course, that's not to say producers aren't planning a twist or two, because they are. But I'm told those twists do not involve bringing either character back to life.

Ausiello goes on to reveal that one of the characters has been on the show for a long time, while the other has been with the show not so long.

Read the complete report at EW.com.

My guess is Chloe Sullivan and Tess Mercer

The EW's "Ausiello Files" reports that two characters will die in the final episode of the current season of "Smallville".

Multiple sources confirm to me exclusively that two pivotal characters will bite the dust in this May's season finale. And in a bit of a departure for Smallville, both deaths will stick. "These characters will die and they will stay dead," maintains my insider. "This is the real deal."

Of course, that's not to say producers aren't planning a twist or two, because they are. But I'm told those twists do not involve bringing either character back to life.

Ausiello goes on to reveal that one of the characters has been on the show for a long time, while the other has been with the show not so long.

Read the complete report at EW.com.

My guess is Chloe Sullivan and Tess Mercer

You're always trying to get rid of Chloe!..... :cheers:

You'll recall that last month we reported on EW's "Ausiello Files" clue about who would die in the Season 8 finale of "Smallville".

At that point in time, in regards to who the long-time character might be, Ausiello gave the clue:

Ausiello: The **r*** ***** ** *** *****.

Now, he's updated it, filling in more blanks:

Ausiello: The *er**n d***g ** **t C***e

answer: The person dying is not Chloe

tsk tsk, what a shame :roflmao: lol

Remember that the original clue was that it would be two people who die, a new character and one that has been around for years. There are people who are thinking it may be Martha, but I doubt that. Since Chloe isn't going to die, I'm going back to my original idea that it willl be Doomsday and Clark. Especially since there will be a season 9

E! Online's "Watch with Kristin" Spoiler Chat has one interesting "Smallville" spoiler this week regarding the "No Tights. No Flights" rule...

Is it true that Clark is finally gonna fly this season on Smallville?

There's no proper flying or supersuit this season, but there will be a Smallville "leap" that goes above and beyond a tall building - but it isn't actually flying. Sorry Superfans.

In case you were wondering, the next new episode of "Smallville" (titled Stiletto) airs in the U.S. on Thursday, April 23rd.

Rats, foiled again! I bet Clark is going to do some huge, orbital jump in the sky and then drop Doomsday full force to the ground. All I gotta say is that they better have Superman flying by the series finale or it will be a huge disappointment. That, or it will be a full promise to the "no flights, no tights" motto from the beginning.

Oh man, how I love this season! If you havent watched the latest episode of Smallville (Eternal), then you have missed out on so much. It gave a great background to Doomsday. I love how this series has made the character more than just a black and white bad guy, but add some grey as well. Tonight is the return of Smallville after a two week break called "Stilleto" about Lois being a superhero of the same name :b-day: , yeah. This was already done on Lois and Clark, but hopefully it won't be as cheesy as the L&C episode. Gotta have something to fill that gap until the season finale. After tonight's episode, there will be only three more episodes this season. The final episode is called "Doomsday" and I am going to say that it will be Doomsday and Clark that will die on the final episode. It was already hinted at in Eternal when it was said "You were destined to kill each other".

Now, the question is, who can top Doomsday as the bad guy next season. I'd love to see Darkseid. That'd definitely top Doomsday and keep the story strong. I think I've also heard that Doomsday may return next season as well, but I'm not 100% sure if that is true since it has been a while since I have heard that. If he does return for a few episodes, I'm sure it will be a side character. I could be wrong

I will be there tonight-I guess. When I saw the last preview for that I thought, 'ugh'...but that's just my personal view. Give me something meatier to watch. They do have that with Davis/Doomsday. I saw one I had missed, last week's repeat. Some good stuff there. I was suprised to see young Davis being held up at Lionel's home...but of course I knew about his obsesion with 'The Traveler'. I may not be a comics fan as I was-no buying of them, etc, not since the late 70's..but Iwill watch anything good like Smallville that does a character well. Darkseid, hm....nice idea. But whoever comes later, first they'll have to resolve this arc. I would guess, that the closer Clark gets to his True Destiny, the more sense to me it would make, to up the stakes as far as threats to counter....as all the dialogue with Chloe or Oliver about what he can or should or will oneday do has been at the forefront these past seasons. I love a good superhero-villain fight-even if it's about ten minutes worth on Smallville, which, of course, needs to be as much about the character's life, and relationships. I do love the whole sci-fi element that Clark's origins brings to the small screen...the superadvanced Kryptonians that would make any Federation scientist jealous; the more the better on that. Having 'two travellers' is a neat idea; seeing Davis crawl out from his elemental origins, and incorporating that with old scenes of Martha and Jonathan....so, i'll keep watching Clark move forward...even if he does so.....horizontally!

Season 10 Likely

You'll recall that back in late February the Superman Homepage was the first to report that "Smallville" could possibly continue on for 10 seasons when Tom Welling renewed his contract for the TV series. Allison Mack now confirms this in an interview with IndieWire.com...

Q: What's the latest with Smallville? How do you like living in Vancouver?

Mack: The latest with Smallville is that we have another season [after this season's finale on May 14]. Tom has signed for two more, so the show will go until season 10. I will be completed with my contract next year, and I am looking for new and exciting ways to carry out my character's exit. I love living in Vancouver, it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I love the people, the food, the aesthetic, and the life I have built here. It's wonderful.

You can read the complete interview at IndieWire.com.

The final decision on a possible 10th season comes down to The CW and will mostly depend on Season 9 ratings and the availability of other cast members.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php

Don't forget that tomorrow night is the season finale of Smallville's eigth season! They say that there will be a big twist on the episode

My Smallville Season 8 Finale Review (Spoilers)

Click for Spoiler:

a decent season finale, but definitely not as good as what it was leading up to. I understand that they couldn't have Superman fight Doomsday yet since he doesn't do that until he is Superman, but it would have been nice to see anyway. What was really strange was that Davis turned out to be a crazy jealous guy that kills even without Doomsday, which is a shame. I would have liked it better if he went off and lived happy with Chloe. It's not because I want Chloe gone, but it would have made a good excuse for Chloe leaving the series. Now, what some people didn't like is that they killed off Jimmy. That's not all to it though, it turns out that he isn't the REAL Jimmy Olsen from the comics, but just the REAL Jimmy's older brother!!That was unexpected, and a lot of people didn't like that. I'm glad that the "fake" died rather than the real one. It definitely stops the complaint of people saying the Jimmy in Smallville is too old to be Jimmy. Turns out he wasn't. I didn't hate the episode and found it enjoyable. Things were done for a reason, so I can forgive the writers for one ok episode out of a most really well done season

TV Guide has learned that actor Brian Austin Green has been cast in the role of Metallo for Season 9 of "Smallville". Green will appear as the kryptonite-powered villain (alter ego "Daily Planet" journo John Corben) in at least the first two episodes of Season 9, which takes flight Friday, Sept. 25.

Interestingly, Smallville fans were waiting for news on big, bad Zod, given the events of the Season 8 finale, but that role still has yet to be cast. (I suppose you could say the show "zigged" instead of Zod.)

Why can't I see the full episodes on the CW website anymore? All they have is previews!

hmm...I haven't even looked recently. That's bad. Smallville still repeats on Thursdays, but the bad thing is that you have to wait 'til they air the episode you want to see

The Hollywood Reporter notes that british actor Callum Blue has been cast in the role of General Zod for the 9th season of "Smallville".

Brit Callum Blue has joined CW's "Smallville" as a regular. He will play the young man of steel's future arch nemesis in the sci-fi drama's upcoming ninth season.

Supervillain General Zod from the DC Comics books was introduced in 1980 feature "Superman II," where the role was played by Terence Stamp.

Blue, whose series credits include Showtime's "The Tudors" and "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" and the WB's "Related," is repped by Gersh and manager Beth Holden.

Remember, Season 9 will premiere in the U.S. on Friday, September 25th.

It's probably just me but, I check this thread every so often and hear people saying how great the show is so I then tune in that week and end up being sorely disappointed. I don't watch it expecting it to jive with any preconceived notions of what the story should be doing based on past comics or anything like that. I just want it be as good as it was in its first seasons and I don't see that. It has totally jumped the shark, for me.

next year is supposed to be the last year according to rumors. They are expected to make that announcement at Comic-con this year in July. There is a rumor saying that the final episode will be a movie-length episode called "Metropolis".

Where did it jump the shark? The only time that I thought so was when it was revealed that the Jimmy of Smallville wasn't the real Jimmy from the comics. To me, that was the worst mistake they had made. Besides that, I think season eight was the best season since the beginning. He basically is Superman now, which i really liked

The "Ausiello Files" at EW.com has some interesting scoops regarding Season 9 of "Smallville" and the rumored "Metropolis" speculation...

Question: I'm looking for a major Smallville scoop.

Ausiello: You found it: The iconic "S" symbol will be all over the show in season 9. Including on Clark's chest.

Question: I'll give you a dollar if you have any scoop on the rumor circulating that after season 9 of Smallville there may be a spin-off called Metropolis.

Ausiello: My peeps at Warner Bros. are still insisting that some drunk fan probably made that up nothing like that is being discussed at the moment. Now for the awkward part: I'd like my dollar. I accept cash or Diners Club.

:) sounds good to me

Finally, it was revealed at Comic-Con that Clark is FINALLY going to wear A Superman costume in the 9th season that will air in a couple of months. However, it's not going to be the traditional Superman costume, which is why I said A above. Article below

Superman Homepage SDCC reporters Ivan and Luis Jaime have more information about the ‘costume’ being worn by Tom Welling in season nine of “Smallville”. The “S” that Clark wears in season nine, according to Ivan, looks to be “the ‘Superman Returns’ logo, but bigger and silver/light blue. The rest of the ‘costume’ looked like the Punisher: all black trench coat, black shirt, and black pants.”

Luis describes the suit as follows: “The chest symbol is flat on his chest and is in grey, on some kind of black outfit, most likely just a black shirt and black pants with a long black coat like in “The Matrix”. There are no tights or spandex. Now that we have a better look at the “S”, it is just like the “Superman Returns” symbol.

While the media was forbidden from taking pictures of the screen while the preview clips were being shown, the Superman Homepage did get a picture of the promotional card that was shown on the screen immediately following the preview. The “S” on Clark’s chest is different than what’s seen in this picture.

Glad to hear both of these news bits. About time Clark started looking the part, and coming truly into acceptance of his destiny...but all things in time. Terrific to hear about the Justice Society. I'd like to see the other heroes beyond GA back on the series now and then...but I wish Bart would be called what he is in at last I knew in the comics as 'The Flash'....

Is there any place where I can see this past season's episodes? The stupid CW website doesn't have full episodes anymore!.....Arrrrrgh!

I haven't checked yet, but hulu.com may be posting the episodes. It's a legal website that has free episodes of a lot of TV seriest to watch. If nothing else, the season comes out on DVD next month

Well, it's sad to say, but the series finale of Smallville was disappointing to say the least. The entire season was hinting a big battle between good and evil. You'd figure that'd mean the JL and Connor Kent (Superboy) against Darkseid's forces, but we pretty much got Darkseid taken down by Clark with one punch. We also never got to see Tom Welling as Superman. He did put on the suit, but never had an up close shot. Just a tiny little CGI man flying with a cape and the colors. I'm sure this had something to do with a weird legal issue DC has with the Superman name or Tom Welling didn't want to wear the suit. The best we get is a CGI Superman from far away and one up close shot of Superman, but only showing Welling's face with a CGI cape behind him.

The last few seconds of the episode were good. When Clark leaves the Daily Planet, rips open his shirt to reveal the S with the movie theme playing. That was cool. I think they could have just skipped the tiny CGI Superman and ended it with the S reveal and it would have been better.

Overall, the episode was just eh...not the super ending it could have been

I hate that too. They string us along building assumptions of something hugh in the works then, pfft - the pay off is barely a fraction of what was being hyped. I then realize it was always only all about being strung along, for the ratings.

I used to watch this series every week and then just lost track of it. I haven't seen it in several seasons but plan on buying the whole series on dvd at some point. I'm sorry to see that the finale sort of sucked.

I saw the 2 Hour Finale of Smallville on Friday night (CW former WB) channell 231 and I'd say they did a pretty good job of it The thing I can say for those who didn't see it at least in the End Credits of the series they got the Full Superman theme Song (1978 version John Williams)And of Course a updated Costume Cape etc

Going To Miss "Smallville"but 10 years actually matches Sg-1's Run(10 Years-Smallville-10 Years).

:huh: :P :Hmmm...::laugh: